Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

"Janab Suleiman Khateeb Sahib Ki Ek Nazm - Baat"

And for all those who believe Hyderabad is really south of the Musi and the rest is all bunkum, here's the capital of fullhyd.com!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Bhaimiya » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:34 pm

Sab board key satiyon ko Salaam aur aap sab ki khidmat mein Janab Suleiman Khateeb Sahib ki ek Nazm \"Baat\" pesh karta hoon !!Baatein karti ho kis tarah ammi, Baat heera hai baat moti hai, Baat lakhon ki laaj khoti hai, Baat her baat ko nahi kehte, Baat mushkil se baat hoti hai, Baat seene ka daagh hoti hai, Baat phoolon ka baagh hoti hai, Baat khairo sawaab hoti hai, Baat kheher-o-azaab hoti hai, Baat barge gulab hoti hai, Baat teegh ataab hoti hai, Baat kehte hain rab arni ko, Baat ummul kitaab hoti hai, Baat bole kaleem hojaye, Sunne wala nadim hojaye, Baat khanjar ki kaat hoti hai!!
Bhaimiya

by Saira » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:27 pm

teri aadat hai baat marengi, batan batan main baat marengi..aman jaisi hai vaisi beti hai, pavan pakde tu laat marengi
Saira

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:55 pm

Minje khanjar ki kaat boli na, Minjhe keed-khai so naat boli na – Dikh ke murdon ki khaat boli na, Ghud po pheke so taat boli na – Minjhe chipkaa so chamboo boli na, Minjhe tadqaa so bomboo boli na – Minjeh duniya ki kutni samjhee gey? Laal mirchiyaan ki bukni samjhee gey? – Minjeh dammey ki dhuknee samjhee gey? Minjhe phutti so phookni samjhee gey? Marad aaney dey peet phodongee, Teri Turbat banako ch’hodongi – Kitte jaatey hain tu bhi jaana gey, Aako khai-dast tujhe lejana gey, Ghis ke mirchiyan tujhe lagaana gey
– Pooray peeraan ke haath jodonngee, Mitthe ghoday banaake ch’hodoongi, Ujlee shakkar ke chongay todoongi, Chaar nariyal mangaa ko phodoongi – Mere dil ko sukoon mil jayinga, Sukki daali pey phool khil jayinga! - Wah Sulaiman Khateeb.. wah.. Jawab nahin apka.
Kulcha Hyderabadi

by Shaad-Aabaad » Wed Sep 11, 2002 2:17 pm

Kulcha bhai...maza aagaya!!!
Shaad-Aabaad

by Shahed » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:22 pm

Ayeeee kiya hai ji THIMAY Logaan ., Itte Bataaan GUDMUD karrain jeeeee..Itte Bataaan kar kar ko Thaktain nain ji thimey logaannn... Ittey bade bade Sabaqaan likhrain.. Dono milko Dhana Dhan likrain... Sar pakad ke apna ham tou..Itta sonchrain ..Utta sonchrain..
Shahed

by Bhaimiya » Wed Sep 11, 2002 9:07 pm

Shahed: Itta aur utta nako soncho nayee toh !Shadi! sey pheley jo sir pey ball hey woh gayeb hojayengey, phir logan bolengey shadi key din \"aai Dulha ganja hey\". BTW aapki shadi ka kya huwa bhai, Board per itney bhadey bhadey khapitan aur khapitniyan honey key bawoujood abhi tak aapki shadi ka kuch nai kiye dekho.
Bhaimiya

by J2j » Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:59 pm

bada potta tau bhoot chaloo hai...... eaik manzil ke lakh rasten hain kaunse raste ki baat katre ho yeh hai geeta ke path ka rasta
J2j

A tribute to Sulaiman Khateeb.

by Mateen Khateeb » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:41 am

Adab Arz Hai,

Thanks surfer for your tribute to Sulaiman Khateeb.

Late Mohamed Sualiman Khateeb, was my father, He passed away when I was 12 year old.

I believe these lines are from a dramatic nazm of “Saas Bahu” but not Baat.

The ashar is being quoted by Bahu towards her Saas. After these Ashar,

Saas will bounce back angrily by saying”

Minje Qanjar Ki Kaat Booli na.

Ghod pe phekay so tat Boolina.

Minje Tadhqa so Bammboo Bolina,

Chipka so Chambboo Bolina.!!

He was having very strong memory, he never used his any notes or writing while addressing.

A mushaira. He was a very creative of his nazm, sometime he instantly added some Ashar while

Narrating his poems, You will not even see some of the lines in “Kevda Ka ban”.

Sualiman Khateeb was a very good hazir jawab. In Mushaira’s, He was well aware of audience & had full command on the hooters. He was a showman & knows how to run the shows.

If intrested a lot about him I will tell you later.
Mateen Khateeb

Sulaiman Khateeb

by G Ahmed » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:05 am

Mateen Khateeb saheb,

AAdab guzarish,

Your father was a great friend of my father,who was from Medak.I remember when Sulaiman saheb visited us when we moved to Hyderabad.I understand that he wrote "Sahra" when my father was married!He was a great conversationist.

It was nice to hear from you in this forum

My father pased away 2 years ago.
G Ahmed

More about Sulaiman Khateeb

by Mateen Khateeb » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:14 pm

Shukriya aur Adab arz hai Janab Ahmed Sahaeb,

First of all I was sad to hear that your father has expired 2 years ago.

I wish he was alive & could have talk to him & know more about their

friendship. If you have the Sahara or any other Nazm can I have a copy of it.

Reminding about Medak, my father sulaiman khateeb was very much emotionally attached to it, He completed his high school in Medak, He was in his teen age at that time. He often used to talk about Medak.

Like anybody else no one can forget their high school life. That is the reason he was very much emotionaly attached to Medak.

He had attended many Mushair'as with Moqdoom Mohiuddin,Sarwar Danda,Gilly Nalgondavi, & more.

In fact Sulaiman khateeb was born as a poet by birth, he started writing in 4th class (Grade). Khateeb sahab used to write all the science practical notes in a form of "NAZM"

If I remember, H2O aur+ CO2 milnay say= H2CO3 hota hai !!

These science experiments NAZM were very popular & easy to remember & memorize, students in science subject were getting very good score.

Late Sulaiman Khateeb's struggle in his life is a good lesson for the new generation or students, He became orphan at the age of only 6 months. Father & mother died of Plaque (a rat disease). A 6 months orphan wake up with a new morning & fought within himself & known to be a famous DECCANI poet of the India. Thank You.
Mateen Khateeb

More about Sulaiman Khateeb

by Mateen Khateeb » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:15 pm

Shukriya aur Adab arz hai Janab Ahmed Sahaeb,

First of all I was sad to hear that your father has expired 2 years ago.

I wish he was alive & could have talk to him & know more about their

friendship. If you have the Sahara or any other Nazm can I have a copy of it.

Reminding about Medak, my father sulaiman khateeb was very much emotionally attached to it, He completed his high school in Medak, He was in his teen age at that time. He often used to talk about Medak.

Like anybody else no one can forget their high school life. That is the reason he was very much emotionaly attached to Medak.

He had attended many Mushair'as with Moqdoom Mohiuddin,Sarwar Danda,Gilly Nalgondavi, & more.

In fact Sulaiman khateeb was born as a poet by birth, he started writing in 4th class (Grade). Khateeb sahab used to write all the science practical notes in a form of "NAZM"

These science experiments NAZM were very popular & easy to remember & memorize, students in science subject were getting very good score.

Late Sulaiman Khateeb's struggle in his life is a good lesson for the new generation or students, He became orphan at the age of only 6 months. Father & mother died of Plaque (a rat disease). A 6 months orphan wake up with a new morning & fought within himself & known to be a famous DECCANI poet of the India. Thank You.
Mateen Khateeb

Sulaiman Khateeb

by G Ahmed » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:40 am

Adab arz Mateen saheb,

My father used to talk a lot about Your father , sarwar Danda and Maqdoom mohiuddin.I studied in Medak upto HSC, and then moved to hyderabad.

I am now settled in Uk but visit Hyderabad almost every year to see my mother.

I will see if I can dig out Sahra ( a poem read at Nikah, in praise of Naushah), when I am in hyderabad early next year.

Nice to hear from you.
G Ahmed

Re: More about Sulaiman Khateeb

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:32 am

Mateen Khateeb wrote:...Khateeb sahab used to write all the science practical notes in a form of "NAZM"
thats awesome! i think someone shud compile it all in a book and distribute them to students!
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Re: AADAB MATEEN BHAI

by rhamtumiyan » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:53 am

Koun Ghalib..ye tera sagga hai...(ke kaleje ko thaam leti hai...)
kitti deeda diler bolo maan..ghair mardon ke naam leti hai....!!!

aadab arz hai mateen bhai....
na cheez... Aejaaz Khatta sahab marhum ka navaasa hone ka shrf haasil hai...Allah ka beinteha shukr hai ke usne humen itne paayedaar buzurgwaar hazraat se sarfaraaz farmaaya...Nazeer dehkaani sahab...Sulaimaan khateeb sahab Aejaaz Khatta aur Sarvar Danda saahab ye chaaron shohra..... DAKHNI ADAB KE CHAAR MINAAR HAIN...AUR MUJHE IN CHAARON HAZRAAT KI BULANND MAQAAMI PAR FAQR HAI....!!! :-) :D
rhamtumiyan

Re: Kahteeb memorial trust- Function

by Basith » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:42 pm

ASAK,
I'm basith s/o Md. Hashim Ali a friend of the Kahteeb Family, I wanted to attend this function organized by Suleman Khateeb Memorial Educational. Cultural & Charitable Trust at Gulbarga- India (on 10/27/2009), however, I could not do so as my father was not feeling well. Heard from my mother that the function was a huge success.
Since then I just googled to see what info. I could get on this and found this blog and the unforgettable nazm "Saas Bahu" which I've heard more than a couple of times since 4th grade and used to laugh then due to its funny/hilarious terminology -not really understanding it social/cultural context then, however, now that I read it on the internet (googled from other sites as well), it becomes much more hilarious evoking intense laughter and emotion at the same time, it is indeed undescribeable, this poetry (including other poems that I've heard from my father) are nothing short of the work of a genius!.

-Basith s/o Md. Hashim Ali, Gulbarga- India.
Basith

Re:

by Masood Mohammed » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

Assalaam Alaikum
Mateen Khateeb sahab
Bohat khushi huvi aap ke walid sahab marhoom ki likhi huvi nazam mere nazroon ke saamne aayee.Padhkar bohat khushee huvi. isliye ke mere nana yehi nazam nahi balke "Kudey ka ban" ki taqreeban nazmey hamen sunaya karte they jo hamen yaad hoogaye hain jis ki vajah sey hamari family ke sob loog Aapas main yahi nazme sunaya karte hain.
Mujehy achcha yaad hai mere naana aap ke walid sahab ki bohat tareef karte they kiyoon ki vo doono ne ek saat Medak mei padhai ki thi, Mere nana ka naam Gulam Samdani tha.unka inteqaal huve 5 saal guzargaye. Allah in doono Marhoom doostoon ki maghfirat karey (Ameen)
Mujhey ye bhi yaad hai Aap ke walid sahab ke inteqaal ke baad ek waqht aap ki hamsheera mohatrima bhi nana ke haan Medak tashreef laiee thi jo Gulbarga ke kisi college me principal thee. aur vo vapas jaate waqht autograph mei ye chaar line likh gaiee thi.

Koun kiske ghar per jaata hai.
Waqht majboor karke laata hai.
Baat itnisi hai Aai banda parvar
Banda bandey ke kaam aata hai.

Thanks
Allahafiz
Masood Mohammed
Toronto, Canada
Masood Mohammed

Re: Re:

by Mateen Khateeb » Mon May 10, 2010 3:37 am

ASAK,
Thanks for writing, I apologize for replying late, can you please email your mail address, We are working on our father's website www.Sulaimankhateeb.com, My sister told me about the meeting with your grand father & I am very sad to hear that he passed away. May Allah grant him Janat-Ul-Firdouse-Ameen.
Please contact me at mateenkhateeb@yahoo.com. Regards-Mateen Khateeb

Masood Mohammed wrote:Assalaam Alaikum
Mateen Khateeb sahab
Bohat khushi huvi aap ke walid sahab marhoom ki likhi huvi nazam mere nazroon ke saamne aayee.Padhkar bohat khushee huvi. isliye ke mere nana yehi nazam nahi balke "Kudey ka ban" ki taqreeban nazmey hamen sunaya karte they jo hamen yaad hoogaye hain jis ki vajah sey hamari family ke sob loog Aapas main yahi nazme sunaya karte hain.
Mujehy achcha yaad hai mere naana aap ke walid sahab ki bohat tareef karte they kiyoon ki vo doono ne ek saat Medak mei padhai ki thi, Mere nana ka naam Gulam Samdani tha.unka inteqaal huve 5 saal guzargaye. Allah in doono Marhoom doostoon ki maghfirat karey (Ameen)
Mujhey ye bhi yaad hai Aap ke walid sahab ke inteqaal ke baad ek waqht aap ki hamsheera mohatrima bhi nana ke haan Medak tashreef laiee thi jo Gulbarga ke kisi college me principal thee. aur vo vapas jaate waqht autograph mei ye chaar line likh gaiee thi.

Koun kiske ghar per jaata hai.
Waqht majboor karke laata hai.
Baat itnisi hai Aai banda parvar
Banda bandey ke kaam aata hai.

Thanks
Allahafiz
Masood Mohammed
Toronto, Canada
Mateen Khateeb

Return to Dakhni-Mehfil - The Old World Hyderabad