Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

"Hyderabadi Blues"

And for all those who believe Hyderabad is really south of the Musi and the rest is all bunkum, here's the capital of fullhyd.com!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by \"BM\" » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:17 pm

When some kid does not go to school and is seen playing by any adult of the Mohalla - \"Kya re es-school nahi jake galli main goliyan khel ra, thair terey baava ko boltaun sham ku\"
\"BM\"

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by \"BM\" » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:19 pm

When sombebody tries to give big lecture telling people what is right and wrong - \"Khaali peeli dimaag kharab karra\".
\"BM\"

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by \"BM\" » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:20 pm

When somebody tries to be over smart - \"Hushshari kar ra saala\".
\"BM\"

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by \"BM\" » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:22 pm

Early morning in almost all mohallas of Hyderabad there would be big sound of - \"Chheete wala mauz, 12 rupiye dazon\".
\"BM\"

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by \"BM\" » Mon Apr 21, 2003 3:31 pm

When somebody asks address then whoever hears him asking the address comes near his vehicle and starts giving him direction - \"Woh jo pan ka dabba dikh ra aage uske baad 2 qadam pe ek galli hey, wahan left mudhiye, phir ek hajjam ki dukan aaingi, usku lagke ek galli hey, usme chuatha makaan hain right ko. Peele rang ki gate hai dekho\".
\"BM\"

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by D » Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:44 pm

yep, it is nostalgic :)
D

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by vivek » Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:59 pm

When two guys meet <br><b> Guy 1</b>\" Kya yaaron, dhoondey tho khuda bhi milthey, tumichch nahi nahi milthey!!!..khairiyath sab?.( to the panwala)..afzar bhai..paan banao jara..kashmiri,belgaum,surma teen sau barah aur ek paikit Ashiqui deyo jara <br><b> Guy 2</b> : Hao bhai, wo pasha hai nai?..uski bhain ko bachcha hua kethey...parsoon chicha bola mereku<br><b>Guy 1</b> : Aissa??, are mereko nahi maloom anna..main bhi parsoon ahmed ko mila..uski maaki..chai piya mai uske saath..mereku nahi bola une<br><b> Guy 2</b> : chalo chodo yarron, chai piyege chalo..Do chaaaaii...
http://www.wiredbeats.com - Download Attitude for Free!

How will it end?
vivek

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by Dakhni » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:51 pm

When somebody tries to act smart - \"Dedh hushyari batara kya\"
Dakhni

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by Dakhni » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:56 pm

In late evenings in summer \" Motiya Bahar, lo motiya bahar\".Another summer spcial \"Aam(Mango) liyo aam, pedda rasal, bees(20) rupiye kilo\"
Dakhni

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by Dakhni » Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:58 pm

Another one has come to my mind \"Aa Munjal, munjal(fruit of palm tree)
Dakhni

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by bull » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:17 am

yeah.!! that\\\'s true.. I remenber something like \\
bull

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by bull » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:21 am

contd...\"the old naani ki dukaan\" wher she will have things like pepper mint/ ravalgon candy/ and kamarghat (what the heck it was.!!??) and stuff like that... there was one naani ki dukaan very close to my house.!!
bull

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by popeye » Fri May 02, 2003 11:55 pm

When a girl rejects a guy\'s proposal, the guy\'s friend says:
\"Arre yeh pottiyah bhi na, bhot nakhre karti\"
popeye

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by Faheem » Sat May 03, 2003 12:38 am

An elderly person passing a street cricket game, everyone specially the bowler and batsman impatiently waiting for him to pass so they can start, there he stands right in the middle of the \"pitch\" and says... kya re tum logon to raat din kuch bhi nai hai? jab dekho jab cricket hona! padna likhna nai hain? Acha ma baap ka nam roushan kartain tumloga!
Faheem

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by Kiran » Sat May 03, 2003 1:59 am

the bus conductor to the rest of the folks: \"bas passan nikalon bhayya\"...\"kithey chahihey..dho ticcketaa\"...
Kiran

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by bull » Sat May 03, 2003 2:34 am

the best i remember is the \"imli\" trees and throwing stones at the \"girguts\" and most of all in the summer jumping and swimming in the \"Bowlis\" and later on eating tomatoes and kheera from the bandis. man that was something.!!!
bull

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by Faheem » Sat May 03, 2003 5:24 am

Bull, looks like you Hyd you lived in an area where there were \"imli ke Jhaad\" and \"girguts\". there were none in Petla Burj where I lived. But that reminds of this Guava tree which used to be next to parade grounds, city college in a residence, we use to climb that tree and steel some. Often times nobody would see us but the dog in the yard always used to find us and start barking to alert the owners. Man those were the most tasty Guavas I ever had.. if you know what I mean!
Faheem

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by bull » Sat May 10, 2003 3:25 am

sure.!! Faheem bhai, I agree with you, we had similar things going on in the Asif Nagar, mehdipatnam area. you know...
bull

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by Radha » Sat May 10, 2003 12:43 pm

\"Bartan Qalai karatey kya\"
Radha

"Hyderabadi Blues"

by \"BM\" » Sat May 10, 2003 3:48 pm

Bartan qali karey usmein jo bhi hey woh mujhey dey doh.
\"BM\"

baathein

by ali » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:13 pm

kya kar raha miya .abba bola raha hain bass pottiya ki peccha rehka poura waqt barbadh kar rah hain matimila.
ali

BM special

by Shaikh » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:07 am

some of the most fun things in my childhood, dad was a doctor, clinic near MJ mkt opp fasihjung msjd. we used to hve lots of fruts and krchi bakery nearby wow that was something. used to rent cycles and run around those lanes.........this was only possible on school holidays though.!! maroof arms was nearby we used to get pellets and shoot dianas that we had. maan that was amazing...

chk it out BM
Shaikh

Hyderabad Blues

by full2hyderabadi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 pm

Himayath Nagar, street number 11.......summer mein almost all day dost ke ghar sapote ke jhad pe chad ke baaju wale ke ghar mein jo Aam ka jhad that uske kayriyan tod ke, bagair dhoye wahin jhad pe baithke namak+mirch(potlam jeb mein hi rehta tha) laga ke kaye so dina yaad kare to, vaapas baccha ban ne ko dil karta bhai....gagan mahal ground pe dhoop mein cricket match...drinks ke liye ginger ya lemon soda....match haar gaye to muh latkake aate the...jeet gaye to bet money se Morin Cafe mein chote samose dabate the......Abhi hydergude mein jo Minerva Cofee House hai vahan pe Gayatri Bhavan hua karta tha.......school se vaapsi ke time mein vahan pe idli vada khake..peeche ke darwaaze se bhag ke aye so din bhi hai......abhi bhi baithke soche to aankhe nam ho jaati yaro
full2hyderabadi

Re: can anyone explain the iron particles

by Shaikh » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:34 am

hey guys,

this is about in the 60s when we were kids.!!

we used to play with magnets rub in the ground and this would attract a number of iron particles, this was in the area of asif nagar, murad nagar areas of Hyd.

the question is how and why did these particles gathered and from where. ?
Shaikh

by Nuktachin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:53 am

I remember when I was 8 years old, during monsoon season the sand would have some black minerals in it and my cousin told me it was magnet.... I should have tried rubbing a magnet on it eh.....
Nuktachin

Return to Dakhni-Mehfil - The Old World Hyderabad