Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Lukhmi Recipe?

And for all those who believe Hyderabad is really south of the Musi and the rest is all bunkum, here's the capital of fullhyd.com!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Lukhmi Recipe?

by shareeef » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:55 pm

ASAK,

Can someone please send the recipe for Lukhmi? I live in US, and hasn't eaten it for 4 years! Maybe it is high time for visit again! Anyway!

Want to try it out this weekend.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

AS.
shareeef

by Ar!e$ » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:03 pm

Waks,

Hyderabadi lukhmi
Ingredients :

For the dough :

Flour - 500gm
Salt - 1/2tsp
Ginger juice - 1tsp
Garlic juice - 1tsp
Ghee - 3tbs Milk - 1cup
For the Mince :

Minced chicken - 500gm
Ginger-garlic paste - 1tbs
Minced onion - 2nos (large)
Ghee - 2tbs
Coriander leaves - a handful Chopped
mint leaves - 1tsp
Groundnut oil - for frying
To be ground :

Green chillies - 6nos
Peppercorns - 5
Coriander seeds - 1tbs
Cumin seeds - 1/2tsp
Cinnamon - a small piece
Green cardamom - 4nos
Method of Preparation :

Grind all the ingredients to be ground to a fine paste and keep aside. Boil the mince with ginger-garlic paste and salt till done.

Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion. Add ground masala and sauté well for 3-4minutes. Add the mince and fry till dry. Mix in the coriander and mint leaves. Keep aside.

Sieve the flour and salt together. Rub in the ghee till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Make a bay in the centre and put in the milk, ginger, garlic juice. Mix well and knead to a soft, but not sticky dough.

Divide the dough into 6-8 portions. Roll each portion into a thin chapati. Place a heaped tablespoon of the mince filling at the centre. Cover with another chapati. Seal the edges by pressing down. Cut into triangles and deep fry in hot oil.
Ar!e$
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Thanks...Lukhmi Recipe?

by shareeef » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:55 am

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.
shareeef

by Mayavi Morpheus » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:12 am

Never heard of this Lukhmi. Sounds like one of the tacobell menu item. Will try it this weekend :D
May the Fries be with you!
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Re: Thanks...Lukhmi Recipe?

by Ar!e$ » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:16 pm

shareeef wrote:Thanks a lot. Really appreciate it.

Ur welcome..

any more required,go ahead n ask :)
Ar!e$
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Another difficult to get recipe...

by Chaakna... » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:09 am

Chaakna recipe.....is especially difficult to get. Is Chakna still sold anywhere in Hyderabad....I haven't seen it on menus on most of the restaurants....you get best chaakna on a "bandi"...with boti kababs...

Regards,

AS.
Chaakna...

The receipe is awesome!

by shareeef » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:49 pm

Thanks for the recipe once again...I tried it this weekend. I came very well for the first time, actually it exceeded the expectations.

I had some confusions though, especially to use maida or not. I just used the regular wheat flour...but I believe we should either use maida or mix maida. Can you please clarify?

TIP: Also, for the folks who have difficulty using girda/bailan....just spread the flour into 1/2 inch layer and cut 1-2 inches squares and just use chappati maker to press the squares and join them.

Thanks . Hopefully will ask for few more.
shareeef

Re: The receipe is awesome!

by Ar!e$ » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:09 pm

shareeef wrote:Thanks for the recipe once again...I tried it this weekend. I came very well for the first time, actually it exceeded the expectations.

I had some confusions though, especially to use maida or not. I just used the regular wheat flour...but I believe we should either use maida or mix maida. Can you please clarify?

TIP: Also, for the folks who have difficulty using girda/bailan....just spread the flour into 1/2 inch layer and cut 1-2 inches squares and just use chappati maker to press the squares and join them.

Thanks . Hopefully will ask for few more.

ur welcome,

its up 2 u, u can use either the wheat flour or maida but if maida is available u can use dat..as the results come out more gud wid it .
Ar!e$
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Return to Dakhni-Mehfil - The Old World Hyderabad