Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

'Iqbal & Hyderabad : The tale of an untold love'

And for all those who believe Hyderabad is really south of the Musi and the rest is all bunkum, here's the capital of fullhyd.com!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

'Iqbal & Hyderabad : The tale of an untold love'

by Jaihoon » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:08 pm

'Iqbal and Hyderabad : The tale of an untold love'

[Jaihoon's interview with Mohammed Zahirudhin, President of Iqbal Academy Hyderabad. Watch the video @ http://www.jaihoon.com/studio/zahirudhininterview.htm )

On Hyderabad

Hyderabad has been in the forefront right from the beginning in the appreciation of Iqbal. Sir Akbar Hydri, who later became the PM of Hyderabad, was a friend of Iqbal. He came to the city twice, the latter in connection with his lectures, The Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam.

Besides, Hyderabad has a unique first-place in many aspects related to Iqbal. Iqbal's first complete collection, 'Kulliyat' was published from Hyderabad. The translation of his PhD thesis was translated from here first. The first book on Iqbal in Arabic was from Hyderabad. The collection of his letters was published. The top Iqbalian experts hailed from this city. While these were happening at academic level, there was a galaxy of other scholars who popularized Iqbal at the mass level.

Iqbal's Relevance

Iqbal's source of inspiration was the Holy Book, which is itself based on universal nature of man. He stressed on inter-communal dialogue and harmony.

Reaching Iqbal for modern youth

As a member of the Iqbal Academy, I have to admit that we have been unsuccessful to a limit in reaching the message of Iqbal for the young generation. A major reason is his diction. The depth of his poetry and philosophy is such, even the senior learned ones find it hard to understand. Our task should be to dilute and simplify it, but not so much that it loses its soul. In English like yourself and regional languages, Masha Allah work is going on. In Hyderabad too, few books have been published in Telegue.

Most inspiring of Iqbal's works

I find his two works, Zauq aur Shauq and Masjid-e-Qurtuba, to be most appealing. His concepts of Time and Space and the Perfect Man are well inspiring. Nevertheless, every work is splendid and a window to the world of Iqbal.

http://www.jaihoon.com/studio/zahirudhininterview.htm
Jaihoon

untold something else ?

by vakibs » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:57 am

Is there an untold longing in you to see Hyderabad merge into the other great idea of Iqbal - Pakistan ? :) By the way, please correct your spelling. It's not Telegue.
vakibs

by Indiabo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:40 am

vakib seems to be nostalgic about as off his stay at france is sucking him up and cant think out of his self imposed boundaries of box.... pity on you..

"Saare jahan se achchaa hindustan hamara...." IQBAl

The above poem is written by iqbal. Do want zombie of passed legend to roam around todays kalyug to tell wat they are or

Are seeing any one of them huhhh

Iqbal was a legendary icon of undivided India. His intellectual capability are well documented in his thought provoking couplets.

Alas u are denied access to it ...... you only know TELEGUE ( get ur spelling done its telegu).
Indiabo

stop talking to me Indiabo

by vakibs » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:08 am

Indiabo wrote:vakib seems to be nostalgic about as off his stay at france is sucking him up and cant think out of his self imposed boundaries of box.... pity on you..

"Saare jahan se achchaa hindustan hamara...." IQBAl

The above poem is written by iqbal. Do want zombie of passed legend to roam around todays kalyug to tell wat they are or

Are seeing any one of them huhhh

Iqbal was a legendary icon of undivided India. His intellectual capability are well documented in his thought provoking couplets.

Alas u are denied access to it ...... you only know TELEGUE ( get ur spelling done its telegu).

I encounter you again. For your kind information, I am staying in the sweet old city of Hyderabad right now. And I am enjoying all my precious moments in it. I will be leaving to France soon.

Please first learn how to write in correct grammar and then complain about my spelling. In fact, I have corrected Mr. Jaihoon's misspelling of Telugu.

I definitely like Iqbal as a poet. But I have huge issues with his whole philosophy, starting from the two nation theory to his anti progressive attitude. (He vilified Hellenistic thought - Greek philosophy, scientific enquiry and even the renaissance) Anyway, I don't have time for dimwits like you.
vakibs

by indiabo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:30 am

So do i....

Ok

Jaihoon can you post couplets of Sir iqbal....

But please give a complete sumary of it please

[/quote]
indiabo

by FT » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:36 am

using urdu to reflect your ignorance will not make a dent in your ignorance.

vakibs take was that he respected the poetic works of Iqbal but couldn't respect the man for the views he held on Islam's inability to co-exist with other religions.

Even in Pakistan, where he's considered one of the founding fathers, his legacy is a mixed bag.

Please go back to understanding Iqbal, rather than spout some half-assed street talk and assume it has taken a poetic tinge because of the medium it has been delivered in.
FT

Re: ...

by tfb » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:25 am

FT wrote:using urdu to reflect your ignorance will not make a dent in your ignorance.

vakibs take was that he respected the poetic works of Iqbal but couldn't respect the man for the views he held on Islam's inability to co-exist with other religions.

Even in Pakistan, where he's considered one of the founding fathers, his legacy is a mixed bag.

Please go back to understanding Iqbal, rather than spout some half-assed street talk and assume it has taken a poetic tinge because of the medium it has been delivered in.

That was so expected of you and your ilk of Hindu Nazis in mordern and free India.Dragging Islam into the pciture unneccessarily does not help you case neither does adressing people with cliches like "morons", now that you have concluded something based on your violent ideology of Hindutva, let me come up with my own conclusion , may be Iqbal did not doubt the Islam's co existnce with other religions which it did exist side by side for the past 1000 years to say the least in India , may be he was more concerned about the violent Hindutva ideology seeking the destrcution of religious minorities like Muslims Christians and Sikhs that was being propagated and that you seem to be a willing victim of , but thats just a counter conclusion.

When Jaihoon was talking about Iqbal he was talking about the poet of undivided India who gave us Sare Jahan Se Acha, many characters of his works were Hindus , he always stressed on co existence , on whatever being the perception of him being in Pakistan its something Hindu Nazis like you are best at ;who dream,talk and think of Pakistan all the time.

Last but not least whenever someone talks about Iqbal the author of the national song Sare Jahan Se Acha they talk about the poet of undivided India, may be 'Akhand Bharat' would ring a bell for you.
tfb

by FT » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:08 pm

Yawn...

Morning after, still the same.

Can't take criticism. And then will have to turn this into a Hindu-Muslim issue. You don't even know my professed faith.

No point reasoning with a bunch like you. You will continue to broil in your intolerance for divergent views and faith based belief systems.
FT

by indiabo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:06 pm

tfb wrote:may be 'Akhand Bharat' would ring a bell for you.

LOL

lao

FT you always declare its sort like you make decission and expect to be heeded sileintly.

JUDGE?

Give some space ....room society is of everyone you got fanatics, chauvinistic and rights warrior, liberal human activist.

MOron is too harsh ...

I am trying to put point that if u are expecting someone tobroil arent right now expereincing the same

Mirror ur image
indiabo

by FT » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:48 pm

Indiabo, you are right. My bad, my approach is too judgmental.
FT

by indiabo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:16 pm

Thanks a lot FT bro

Not for that retrospective reply.........

but such a polite answer..

Its a pleasure and joy to find someone agreeing with.... u

(no way I am not thinking that u were wrong)
indiabo

by tfb » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:23 am

FT wrote:Yawn...

Morning after, still the same.

Can't take criticism. And then will have to turn this into a Hindu-Muslim issue. You don't even know my professed faith.

No point reasoning with a bunch like you. You will continue to broil in your intolerance for divergent views and faith based belief systems.

Well the faith was not into the picture until your post came along, as far as your faith is concerned may be I need to accept the fact that there is another faith apart from the two faiths mentioned in my earlier post , followers of which indulge in smalltalk and are too judgemental and too intolerant ..all those things that you accuse me of its evident they apply mor eto you than to me , what I posted was in response to baseless accusation comprising of smalltalk and cliches all along while caliming to be part of a faith that is tolerant (nudge nudge wink wink).
tfb

by ft » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:38 pm

I really don't like being judgmental, and as Indiabo did point out correctly, we all tend to act like our opinions are the end all and should be accepted as epitomes of reason.

But the definitiveness with which some of the opinions are presented and lack of decorum, pains me.

TFB, just for a moment please stop your angry tirade. Sit back and reason out.

Is this how you would behave, if Vakibs, fan of iqbal and all of us were sitting face to face. would u stoop to the point that you would focus in one word, sentence of an argument and spew venom based on it? or would u take the entire gist of the subject and try to reason based on it.

As for you, son of Iqbal. the words that u use, how does it make you any better man that your hero Iqbal might want u to be?

As for me, I have sinned many a time. And I am really, really putting in efforts not to lose my cool, when confronted by opinions that are contrary to what I believe are outside the sphere of reason.

As for the immediate topic of Iqbal.

Try accepting this: There are his fans, and non-fans like myself. Because of certain reasons.

But mine or Vakibs' lack of great admiration for Iqbal doesn't diminish the value of his accomplishments. Nor does it threaten his stature. Vakibs and me are not even there to challenge the influence this man has had on generations of poets, and others who find solace in his poetry and opinions. But Vakibs and me are free to have our opinions about him, and critically look at his contributions in a historical perspective.

So to reitirate, Iqbal's fans, while we may not find Iqbal so inspiring, that doesn't diminish his stature.

Is that a more acceptable line of approach?
ft

by vakibs » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:24 pm

hi ft

You've been very polite but firm in your message. I hope it doesn't get wasted. I was planning to let this thread go until I saw tfb's tirade on you for absolutely no reason.
vakibs

by indiabo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:07 pm

while we may not find Iqbal so inspiring, that doesn't diminish his stature.

exactly

A very interesting turn around ......Looking forward for response from TFB.
indiabo

by indiabo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:15 pm

Should say the lebonon - hezbollah turned this forum hot. But looking into the past threads as well I didnt find anything which points out the said neo liberals as such I will comment there was never a reason to let us know either they are liberal or wat ever.

Ok tell me what was this thread's starting topic.

haha...yeah gotch it right nothing of any personal comments just a view of Iqbal's beonging to HYderabd.

Now flip it ...entirely different comment.

ofcourse this is wat u get it!

No offence to any one nor any comments expected
indiabo

by tfb » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:10 am

ft wrote:I really don't like being judgmental, and as Indiabo did point out correctly, we all tend to act like our opinions are the end all and should be accepted as epitomes of reason.

But the definitiveness with which some of the opinions are presented and lack of decorum, pains me.

TFB, just for a moment please stop your angry tirade. Sit back and reason out.

Is this how you would behave, if Vakibs, fan of iqbal and all of us were sitting face to face. would u stoop to the point that you would focus in one word, sentence of an argument and spew venom based on it? or would u take the entire gist of the subject and try to reason based on it.

As for you, son of Iqbal. the words that u use, how does it make you any better man that your hero Iqbal might want u to be?

As for me, I have sinned many a time. And I am really, really putting in efforts not to lose my cool, when confronted by opinions that are contrary to what I believe are outside the sphere of reason.

As for the immediate topic of Iqbal.

Try accepting this: There are his fans, and non-fans like myself. Because of certain reasons.

But mine or Vakibs' lack of great admiration for Iqbal doesn't diminish the value of his accomplishments. Nor does it threaten his stature. Vakibs and me are not even there to challenge the influence this man has had on generations of poets, and others who find solace in his poetry and opinions. But Vakibs and me are free to have our opinions about him, and critically look at his contributions in a historical perspective.

So to reitirate, Iqbal's fans, while we may not find Iqbal so inspiring, that doesn't diminish his stature.

Is that a more acceptable line of approach?

OK now that you have realized about something called decorum , I would like you to taste your own medicine and just look at the previous comments which started off with "morons" and followed up with "still morons", where the heck was even the remote sense of decorum when you were posting such brilliant thoughts of your genius mind , why do have this condescending attiutde,this arrogance,you think you are gods gift to humanity or something that you think your actions dont need to be reflected upon by the perfect you, you may be helping Azim Premji ,Narayan Murthy or Ramalinga Raju or boddy shoppers of their nature get rich but that shouldnt make anyone special or arrogant as you tend to be.

You also mentioned about the words that have been used I think its pretty evident who used what kind of words and THAT does tell a lot about how it makes them better or worse.

I agree not everyone is a fan of Iqbal's poetry , but that doesnt mean either of them is a moron as you put it, I dont know what it makes you to be when you behave like that.
tfb

hi ev1

by fan of iqbal » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:25 pm

hello ev1.........i am xtremely v sry for those words i know its nt possible but i wnt to take those words bak.......but it wsnt me who started it ws sum1 who kept on calling us "BUNCH OF MORONS".........so my dear brothers lets keep the discussions as discussion n lets not take them into wrong way's{like i did}......nd v r here to share our views n ideas n bcome frnds nt to fight n curse each other{like wht i did}...n I AM SRY 4 dat
LiFe SuCkS!!!sO Do I!!!!!
fan of iqbal

by ft » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:08 am

Dhakkan, thanks for your humility.

TFB. Just to put the record straight. 'Moron' was in reference to a suggestion of roughing up Vakibs for his opinion on Iqbal. And your emphatic approval of the same.

Do u still want to continue with your tirade?

Arrogance, I have apologized on the subject, after Indiabo pointed it out. So what's the accusation now?

I and more or less everyone involved in this nasty little situation has come around. Why would u not? Actually, you don't need to. You are welcome to have your opinion. And I mine. As long as it doesn't get nasty.

Dude, I am sure you would find value in a civilized discussion, as much as I find humility in the same.
ft

Sir Iqbal

by kamkhoon » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:11 am

Hi guys,
Truly Sir Iqbal accompilshments are big and encouraging he did a lot for people and nation. Whilst, everyone has the right for their views and for sure their views either positive or negative will never ever distort the image of Sir Iqbal. So lets not fight with each other and as a hyderabadi try to undersatnd each other. Theres no need to correct the spellings or grammar of each other..dont divide urself ... if u understand that Telegu is Telugu..thats more than enough... enjoy life and have fun !!! am not here as a critic or supporter for any one... Cheers !!!

Past, Present and future .. the nation sing SARE JAHAN SE ACHA HINDUSTAAN HAMARA...
kamkhoon

Return to Dakhni-Mehfil - The Old World Hyderabad