Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

New Year Resolutions

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

New Year Resolutions

by prakup » Sun Dec 24, 2000 12:30 am

I hope I can create a forun for resolutions and can get some people, me included, to stick to them!
prakup

New Year Resolutions

by prakup » Sun Dec 24, 2000 12:30 am

It’s almost the dawn of the real new millennium, and while we can gear up to celebrate, we must also realize that something more important is also on the cards. Yes! I’m talking about resolutions. Each year descends upon me and I make new resolutions. I keep some and fail to do justice to others. Yet, as the saying goes, hope lies eternal in the human breast! This year too, I have decided to make some resolutions. And I’m hoping that by putting them forth in a public space like this discussion board, I can stick to them. I invite you all to join me in this endeavor. By publicly putting out our aspirations and aims, I guess we are publicly acknowledging that we are serious about what we wish for ourselves. And if several others are willing to join up, then all the better. We can keep a check on each other and motivate ourselves to stick to the resolutions we have made. Let’s see how successful we are. Here are my resolutions:
1. I will quit smoking. It’s about time too. For long have I polluted my lungs and the air around me with the stench of tobacco. I want to quit this time around. AND I’M SERIOUS.
2. I’ll write a lot. I admit that I made this resolution even last year, but circumstances kept me from attaining it. Weak excuses apart, I really didn’t have the time, the inclination or the space to do so. Now that I’ve found the space, I guess I’ll create the time and the inclination!
3. I will get myself a good job by the time I finish my course in April. It’s been a long time now since I entered the job market. I’ve worked in a lot of piddly agencies and organizations. All the while I kept telling myself that I couldn’t juggle both college and work, and opted for a part-time job wherever I went. Well, I went nowhere! By April, I propose to join a reputed organization with a fat paycheck!
4. I’ll pay off all my credit card debts, AND WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER CARD! Believe me, it’s not worth it. I’ll spend if I have the cash and stay broke otherwise. Udhaar ki zindagi is no way of spending ones life!
5. I will learn to play one musical instrument. I don’t really care what it is. For all I care it could be the cymbals or even the Tibetan goat-horn pipe. But learn to play I will!
6. Last, but not the least, I will lose weight. I will take up an exercise regimen and will cultivate good eating habits. No more junk food! No more oils, lipids and fats. The new year is going to see the dawn of a lean and mean Prakup!
Well, there we are. Those are my resolutions and I hope you’ll help me stick to them. All I need is for you to egg me on. And I’ll do the same if you decide to put up your resolutions here. Together we can do it! What say?
prakup

New Year Resolutions

by Babloo9@aol.com » Tue Dec 26, 2000 12:30 am

Hmmmm.....you got me thinking! Here are mine:
1. Make a better effort at keeping in touch with friends and family 2. Invest more time in myself and do things I\'ve always wanted to (there are too many to list!) 3. Start my MBA program 4. Make someone happy every single day.
Babloo9@aol.com

New Year Resolutions

by Prakup » Tue Dec 26, 2000 12:30 am

Hey Babloo! Congrats on signing up for this community commitment. As regards your resolution no 4, you\'ve made ME happy for today! And all the best for your MBA program
Prakup

New Year Resolutions

by Babloo » Fri Dec 29, 2000 12:30 am

Hey P,
I was at the music store and saw a CD you\'d love! It\'s a Native American Spiritual flute one......I can get it for you....I mean if you want it.........your Tibetan Goat horn pipe reminded me of what I heard at the store (:)))) )......... lemme know :)
Babloo

New Year Resolutions

by Prakup » Fri Dec 29, 2000 12:30 am

Hey! Thanx for the offer Babloo! But you need to have a CD player, or at the very least a computer to enjoy the music man! Neither of which I am blessed with. Nevertheless, I\'ll persevere and make my own music! :-)))))
Prakup

New Year Resolutions

by mamata » Fri Jan 05, 2001 12:30 am

hey prakup are from hyd?care to enlighten us at to who u are and what u do??
mamata

New Year Resolutions

by sunny » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:40 pm

hey an advance Happy New Year to all the members of the boards... i think u know what 2 do??? right make a resolution. mine would be to study well.
sunny

New Year Resolutions

by mesmer_boy » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:14 pm

well i too have few new year resolutions.
<br>1. I will start smoking, drinking, and chewing tobacco as I have been sober and clean all these years and watching most of my friends give-in to these things...so i hv decided the next year i will be \"riding the crest\"
<br>2. I am going to quit my job and relax for at least six months........I will again be busy 10 hours a day until i find a job!!......
<br>3. I will try to do a american pie next year......u know what i mean......don\'t u?
<br>4. I will travel a lot and try to runaway from this message board as long as i can!
<br>
<br>more to cum.........
I sat down
brokenhearted
tried to shit
but only farted!
mesmer_boy

New Year Resolutions

by Srinu » Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:44 pm

well, i once made a new year resolution and i have stuck to it since. the resolution: not to make any new year resolutions. :D (hmm... it does sound a bit clichéd)
Veni Vedi Veci
Srinu

New Year Resolutions

by Habitual Perfectionist-With a funny bone » Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:35 am

I\'ve got only one resolution.
<br>
<br>I\'ll flame certain fullhyderabadis to cyber-extinction.
<br>
<br>
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist-With a funny bone

New Year Resolutions

by Fiddler » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:08 am

\"Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly??\" Bwahahahaha!!!
'Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum!'
Fiddler

New Year Resolutions

by Pavan » Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:13 pm

like archana?? hehe...
I doubt, therefore i might be :evil:
Pavan

Return to Creativity, Inc.