Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Food for thought

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Food for thought

by Conscious » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:01 pm

It\'s been a while since I\'ve been on the bulletin boards, and I am disappointed to see that not a whole lot has changed since then. Except for a few, there are still the same old topics about movies, dating, silly news articles, and discussions that are neither constructive nor thought provoking. It would be nice to see articles and discussions that encourage development of societal intellect and awareness across the board. Let\'s try not to focus on topics that could potentially drive wedges into the existing cracks but rather work on cementing the breaking foundations.

We as any normal people would, try and measure our Nation\'s growth based on end points rather than the in-process drivers. I truly believe the \"drivers\" - a more intellectual and conscious society is the answer to most of our social and economic issues. I do not know if you have noticed that even the most constructive of discussions do not get very far since our perspectives are locked onto a biased leading rail that has been laid based on our social affiliations. We never want to budge from our opinions and would never deflate the little pseudo-ego bubble based on rational thinking.

We live in a country with a long history of culturally, religiously, and racially divided societies competing for power, space, and wealth. We have basically not changed in 3000 years. That to me is one the main reasons why even as individuals, we are still continuing down the same divided path even though we tie ourselves to a single nation. I believe the true concept of \"Unity in Diversity\" does not exist, and is not considered a pivot point for development. Countries that have embraced the concept have seen improvement in social consciousness and economics. I suppose what I am trying to say is that we should leverage our diverse backgrounds and thoughts to help build social intellect.

Bottomline, I think it would help for us to talk and probe into topics that will help us and the other readers think, and think again about their views until we all move towards rational and logical opinions on how we should work together as a Nation.
Conscious

Food for thought

by hiall » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:19 am

hmmmm.....u said that none of the boards were constructive, thought provoking...and were useless.......how do u think that ur bore doesnt fall in this category.....ur long message is with any message or conclusion.....still din understand what u wanted to say...after reading the whole msg....good luck, post some better messages....!!!
hiall

Food for thought

by hardcoder » Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:59 am

Conscious dude, what is it you are trying to say? If you want us to post more sensible messages in this site, maybe you can lead us by posting a sensible message first and expect to get some replies.
hardcoder

Food for thought

by sri » Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:35 pm

dear conscious good said and good done is the basic English saying. you are saying more things and doing anything.
sri

Food for thought

by sri » Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:36 pm

pl read doing nothing
sri

to conscious

by Subconscious » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:26 pm

i think what you wrote, though a tad warped, was quite good. most of the replies you have got, mr.conscious, are solely base don their already biased and narrow minded thinking, not to mention English.

it is interesting to note that someone is talking of a social intellect.
Subconscious

by JustaLittleUnwell » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:20 pm

Unity in diversity is a good concept / philosophy / paradigm, and i'm not sure if many here would disagree. But to expect that all topics of discussion should be dedicated to that cause seems to me to be an unreasonable expectation. After all, we have diverse people here - those interested in movies, others in dating, some others in music and so on. That there is space for all of them is proof for the inclusive nature of this online community.

I also disagree that all of us should be intellect-driven. I have my own doubts on the potential of intellect to transform anything. It is over-hyped, and though there should be place for intellectuals, i disagree that there should be place only for intellectuals. Intellect often becomes an excuse for laziness, and it is this (i.e. laziness) that needs elimination.
JustaLittleUnwell

Return to Creativity, Inc.