Friday, 19 April 2024 »  Login
in

You are a true Hyderabadi if...

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Queen of fwds » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:01 pm

1. Your address reads as 23-404-32/67A-43 (New MCH number 56-678/4A/B-22), while you actually live in the second house beside Zamzam cafe in lane behind Anand Theatre on SP Road.

2. You end up buying only a salwar kameez, whether it is a theatre workshop, food mela, consumer expo, designer jewellery show, science show or an automobile convention.

3. Your street has at least one roadside mobile hotel that serves Chinese delicacies such as Vegetable soft needles, Navrotten Kurma, Chicken Manchewurea or American Chompsee.

4. Your answer is \'seedha chale jao\' when somebody asks you for directions, whether it is to Malakpet, Masab Tank, Malkajgiri or Moosapet.

5. You come across tailors sporting the board: Immidiot delivery in two days onli.

6. If you can speak Hindi, Urdu, English and Hyderabadi, except Telugu, fluently.

7. Your answer is \'not in my pockets\' when somebody asks you \'Where is XYZ?\'...and you also roll on the floor laughing at your joke.

8. If you ask the waiter to get you some \'Mango pickle\' even if you are sitting at a lavish continental banquet dinner with exotic Chinese, Mexican, Italian and Lebanese cuisines.

9. You order for a tea just after having had a Caramel custard.

10. If you have at least one Srinivas, Raju or Venkatesh within six square feet. In other words, you have at least one cousin, friend, colleague or acquaintance with these names.

11. If you have at least one cousin, friend, colleague or acquaintance in the US in software.

12. If everytime somebody gives you a piece of good news, the first thing you ask them is \'Party kab hain?\'

13. You are reading this and secretly admitting that you are, after all, a true blue Hyderabadi.
Queen of fwds

by Kulcha Hyderabadi » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:19 pm

Waiting for someone to post true Hyderabadi traits from accross the Musi river, without which, the list is incomplete.
Kulcha Hyderabadi

by The fullhyd.com moderator » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:10 pm

An interesting revelation - this popular write-up that\'s making the rounds of Hyderabadi lists on the Net in a huge way now was originally written by Manju Latha Kalanidhi, a fullhyd.com freelancer! Like we at fullhyd.com like to say, the puck starts here!
The fullhyd.com moderator

by Pagglii » Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:14 am

Hahahahahahah............. Thats sooo funnyyyyyyyyyyy, iam also waiting for what more people are going to add to that, to spice it up some more, BTW iam also hyderabadi,and i just registed for the this site:D its tooo funnyyy, acha time passs hai, :D yup;) iam a true blue hydrabadi:P
Pagglii

by sri » Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:29 am

My objection for point no 4. Generally whenever I ask for a route, I get the correct direction. No seedhe javo business. I always think for a second or two of whom I can ask the route. A girl or a boy. If I ask a young twin city girl I always get a 100% correct response, with 10% feeling shy and 10% looking as if I am a joker. But guys are dizzy a bit. Some of them don\'t give the answers at all.
sri

by Shaad-Aabaad » Sat Sep 14, 2002 3:17 pm

Yeah I totally agree with Kulcha bhai. No doubt this was a great effort but you missed out some things that are quintessentially Hyderabadi...Kulcha bhai, why don\'t you do the honours. I beleive there is another thread on HYD culture (Hyderabadi Kalchar-Walchar -WaGhaira WaGhaira of August 21 2002) Maybe we could derive something from there...Nice one anyway!
Shaad-Aabaad

by Amt » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:40 pm

Hi Queen are you from techsoft
Amt

by Queen of fwds » Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:58 pm

Nope.
Queen of fwds

by coolrahul » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:24 am

hey there,
the check list for a true hyderbabadi was indeed interesting and a definite measure of \"hydity\".......there are some things missing though.....like the mention of the perennially popular statement/response \"light lele\"....especially for engineers from hyd(as in completed engg from OU).......this gotta figure on the checlist

wassay fellow engineers (pronunced aingeneyrs)
coolrahul

by Banjarabadi » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:42 am

LITE LELE !
Banjarabadi

by Fellow Banjarabadi » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:46 pm

Le liya!
Fellow Banjarabadi

by pittalodu » Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:09 am

mama log, quintessenshal pintessenshal bolrey lekin ek chai nahin pilarey? whatever happened to the unmistakable irani chai? ek chai do MT lao yaaron...
pittalodu

Return to Creativity, Inc.