Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Genius!

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Genius!

by vivek of themavericks ..remember!! » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:06 am

Mr Hial, I am an old man... of 22 years :(
vivek of themavericks ..remember!!

Genius!

by vivek of themavericks..remember!! » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:29 am

Thanks neethika, I have not thought about what you said. Yes, I guess hands down you are absolutely right in what you said. Unless normal people declare an outcome as extraordinary, genius can never be traced. So let\'s add one more component for our requirements of a genius. To all that we discussed, your point that what a genius makes should relate to a common man. And about my boards, I did expect much replies this time unlike my previous one.
vivek of themavericks..remember!!

Genius!

by genius » Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:19 pm

Vivek,i feel your definition of genius is revolving aroung \"success\"..but why do u think unless u r not successful u can\'t b a genius..is genius alone the only ingradient to become success..u call harshad a success but i feel he is a loser he got caught, died of a heart attack..can a genius fail like this...i am sorry but i feel u r looking at this as an MBA..let me ask u this..do u think gandhiji a genius??..he \"invented\" a new technique..he won the biggest prize i.e people\'s support..he got freedom almost single handedly (i know there r many ppl involved but again the credit goes to the CEO)...he is a successful man....so do u think he is a genius..
genius

Genius!

by Vamsi Reddy ... don\'t worry. you don\' » Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:37 pm

vivek of themavericks...remember!! wrote:
\"Hence, I would say Dell is a genius, Jack Welch is, Moor is, Dhirubhai Ambani is, Bill Gates is not.\"

Oink! VoTM dude, could you tell me why Bill Gates is a low-life er! not a genius? Thanks.
Vamsi Reddy ... don\'t worry. you don\'

Genius!

by Vamsi Reddy ... Hello there! ;-) » Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:55 pm

I really don\'t understand the connection between emotional stuff and being a genius. I have high regard for Sachin Tendulkar(although it started dwindling after the Ferrari controversy and the batting order thing), and his batting that day further reinforces how professional he is. And so are thousands of jawans/soldiers who put their duty first 24x7x365. That doesn\'t make them geniuses. I can give innumerable examples of players who played under similar or even worse circumstances. I think he is one of the most \"talented\" (not genius, I don\'t see any genius stuff in playing cricket) cricket players ever to play cricket.

Yours truly
Vamsi Reddy ... Hello there! ;-)

Genius!

by Vamsi Reddy ... enjoy freedom not rules » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:13 pm

Harshad and Ketan are no geniuses in some sense??? LMAO. Excuse me. dude, they are not geniuses in any sense. They are just plain bast*&rds & crooks. Good Heavens! Harshad died a horrible death. Hey Ketan Parikh, eat sh$t and die dude!
As outsiders not victims of the scam, we have this luxury of contemplating whether they are geniuses in one sense or other. People who lost their hard-earned money ... well, don\'t get them started. Loopholes are everywhere. It doesn\'t mean you should exploit them to others grief. Harshad, so-called genius, could have improved SEBI\'s rules and regulations in other ways. Along the same argument, even MCH officials are geniuses who make a mockery of our system. I think in some sense these rules, regulations and bureacracy shows the ethical side of a region/country. the more the bad apples, the more the rules and bureacracy.
Vamsi Reddy ... enjoy freedom not rules

Genius!

by Vamsi Reddy ... Invent! » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:53 pm

Vivek, I believe you don\'t know a zilch about Compaq and HP. I think this comes as a rude shock to Neethika. ;-) \\
Vamsi Reddy ... Invent!

Genius!

by Vamsi Reddy ... god upgrade my long-term » Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:12 pm

Like Dell, Compaq and HP were started by entrepreneurs. About Compaq: \"The history of the Compaq Computer Corporation dates back to 1981 when three Texas Instruments employees Rod Canion, Bill Murto and Jim Harris sat in a Houston restaurant and sketched out the design of a personal computer on a table napkin. They established a corporation with backing from famed computer venture capitalist Ben Rosen (who funded the start-ups of such firms including Apple, Intel, Lotus, Silicon Graphics and Electronic Arts). Compaq produced its first computer in July 1982 and its Portable PC was an immediate success. In 1983 the company turned over $111m. The introduction of a Compaq desktop and increased sales of the laptop trebled that figure in 1984 when Compaq began operating...\". Oh table-Napkin! Tell me what you can\'t do!!! I love you! Same with HP. The founder\'s garage is considered as birth place of Silicon Valley. Comparing Compaq/HP\'s sales model to Dell\'s is like comparing apples to grapes. They are different. Dell doesn\'t have bleeding reseller channels unlike CPQ/HP and they invest next to zero in R&D. And CPQ/HP are not just a PC company and they are more than that. For ex: non-stop, fault-tolerant Himalaya servers (these are the servers that power securities exchanges and critical stuff like that). These are the companies who made personal computer really personal by commoditizing it (remember when IBM PC Clones were first introduced).
Dell is a smart ass who runs his company lean (and to competitor\'s chagrin MEAN). So, watch your words!
Vamsi Reddy ... god upgrade my long-term

Genius!

by Vamsi Reddy ... IIT/IIMs - India\'s Prid » Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:22 pm

Dudes, please give well-deserved respect to IIT/IIMians. They are the ones who make us proud abroad. I am not saying go build a temple but really they are smart people. Vivek, don\'t write loose that only 10% earns the name and others are junk. I donno where you got this 10/90% (always in well-rounded numbers isn\'t it? I wonder why) breakdown, but don\'t belittle their accomplishments (getting into IIT itself is a BIG DEAL). Please, give at least \"10%\" of your respect towards Harshad Mehta & KP to \"90% of IIT/IIM junk\".
Vamsi Reddy ... IIT/IIMs - India\'s Prid

Genius!

by vivek of themaveriks remember!! » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:20 am

Thank you for assuming and also typing it. I knew most of what you have written here, but I kept in mind that this a discussion board and that the point is to start a topic and discuss it. If I started off with Dell, HP et al with the intention of defining genius, then it would become an essay.
vivek of themaveriks remember!!

Genius!

by vivek of themavericks remember!! » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:29 am

Hello Mr Vamshi, I feel good that someone like you has joined this discussion. I agree with you about Sachin. Although I remember a cover story in THE WEEK magazine about 6 years ago stating that a DNA analysis about Sachin\'s DNA sample showed a rare trait that usually is branded as \"gifted\". Anyway, that\'s just theory. I would take each of your replies seperately.
vivek of themavericks remember!!

Genius!

by vivek of themavericks remember!! » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:35 am

I found no justification to write everything. In fact,if you peep though a magnifying glass, most of the Silicon Valley start-ups were with impressive ideas. I request you to keep your assumptions a bit down and contribute in the spirit of a discussion board. Everyone is actually bombarding their comments on my views here! That\'s interesting - less the comments.

Genius!

by vivek of themaverisks remember!! » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:42 am

Ok, this table napkin story of Compaq is news to me. The idea is not to put the definion of a \"genius\" in a box made of HP or Compaq or even Dell. I was a bit out of the box in stating that a genius does stuff that cannot be replicated and even if it is replicated, the results are not the same. \'Cause only the genius knows what creates the diference. Hence, according to my perspective Dell is a genius and so was Harshad. Forget about the consequences. It\'s just a matter of how you view the concept.
vivek of themaverisks remember!!

Genius!

by vivek of themavericks..remeber!! » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:49 am

Look, I have no business gathering the actual numbers. So whether it is 10% or 9.4% it doesn\'t really matter. I don`t want to elaborate further \'cause I don`t want this board to take a diversion again! But I do remember my friend showing me an interview of an ex-IITKgp director in Business India sometime last year, where this 10/90 stat was mentioned in bold. Even the IIM stat was mentioned. I do realise that the director did mention the 10/90 stats used to convey his point. It\'s just left to us now to take his view, I just stated what he mentioned.
vivek of themavericks..remeber!!

Genius!

by vivek of themavericks remember!! » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:00 pm

Hi there! I would like to reiterate. Try this perspective - Forget about the consequences of what a genius does and try to focus on how he does it. \'Cause, a bad intention would always have a bad end no matter who attempts it. I have not seen a more agressive and \"kickass\" bull then Ketan Parekh. One man swinging the markets overnight is mind boggling. His technique is what impressed me. Again, a matter of perception.

Genius!

by BeerYanni » Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:42 pm

Genius is a perception. The border between lunacy and genius is real thin, and the border happens to be society and its perceptions. And the important point here is that IQ has very little to do with Genius.
BeerYanni

Genius!

by mrk » Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:17 pm

Genius will have this kind of qualities:-
<br>
1. Vision
<br>
2. Desire
<br>
3. Faith
<br>
4. Commitment
<br>
5. Planning
<br>
6. Persistance
<br>
7. Learning from mistakes
<br>
8. Subject Knowledge
<br>
9. Mental Literacy
<br>
10. Imagination
<br>
11. Positive Attitude
<br>
12. Auto Suggestion
<br>
13. Intuition
<br>
14. Honesty
<br>
15. Coverage
<br>
16. Creativity
<br>
17. Love of the Task
<br>
18. Physical Energy
<br>
19. Sensual Energy
<br>
20. Truth
<br>
All the above things will be in a genius. One who have all the above qualities will be known or called as genius. I read the above in a magazine.
mrk

Genius!

by b. » Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:38 pm

Hey Vivek, what do you think about Prez A P J Abdul Kalam?
<br>
I think he is one, what do you think?
b.

Genius!

by Learner » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:01 pm

Thanks both of your Vivek and Vamsi, we have learnt a lot by your discussion, very well discussed. Thanks for your time.
Learner

Genius!

by BeerYanni » Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:47 pm

Oh Mmmmmmmannnn,
<br>
<br>
Show me a person with all those qualities and I won\'t call him a genius, man! No way... that\'s God, man! Get your ideas clear... we are talking of a genius, not God.
BeerYanni

Genius!

by mrk » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:23 pm

No, man I am also talking about genius itself. Thats not myself quotes about genius. It was given in the magazine.Ex:are in India Ramanujan.
mrk

Genius!

by HALLim » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:32 pm

I have everything except quality numbers 18,6,5,19,12,1,15,20,3,14,7,10,11,8 what does that make me.. ??
HALLim

Genius!

by b. » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:36 pm

hey and I have 1,2,3 so far...
b.

Genius!

by vivek » Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:43 pm

nope APJ is a mis fit for his post, he is a scientist. The father of Indian defence research, a humble who made it big through hard and conviction. This does not make him a genious, but makes him a role model for one and all
http://www.wiredbeats.com - Download Attitude for Free!

How will it end?
vivek

Genius!

by BeerYanni » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:58 am

Hey HALLim.....dude u got 8 of the qualities....so I can call u half a god or a demi-god (i consider the person who has all of these to be a god).......congrats....all you need is a small temple underneath one of the flyovers of the city dude.......
<br>
<br>mmmmmmmmmm.......hey and b, u are on the way of becoming a demi-god...work hard at it and u might just become one.....
<br>
<br>mmm.....to get serious....aaaaaawwwww...forget it .... you cannot classify a genius......(like for example quite a bit of the population considers pink floyd and Jimi hendrix to be genius....but the remaining population doesnt give two bit to them)......whaddya say to that...
BeerYanni

PreviousNext      

Return to Creativity, Inc.