Sunday, 28 April 2024 »  Login
in

10 best business jargons of CEOs - 'De-jargonised'

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by vivek of themavericks » Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:29 pm

“The key to success to be a great actor” – unknown.<br> “Only a man with inferiority complex would run behind women” – Atlas Shrugged (I think). <br><br>Now, these are some of the best statements that would take sometime to get into your thought process. But, what many don’t know is that there are loads of such statements passed by the corporate CEOs on daily basis which take the twisted route of logic and get stuck somewhere between, leaving the interpretation to the listener. It takes some experience and pondering to demystify the ‘jargonised’ statements passed by those white collar souls. Since I had taken a pledge to make your life simpler, I therefore present the 10 best business statements – De jargonised.<br>
<br>
Statement 1 – We are looking at newer growth opportunities to leverage our expertise which would add value to our core competence .<br> What they mean – We want to become big.<br> Statement 2 – Our main focus is cost cutting, restructuring in processes and in the entire value chain. Which we expect to pushup the topline.<br> What they mean – We are not making enough profits.<br>Statement 3 – Since we have a global delivery model, all our strategies are customer-centric. This is the reason we feel that we would be able to service the investor’s interest in a more productive manner.<br> What they mean – we lack money, please give some.<br> Statement 4 - Since the downslide of the global markets, there has been a pressure to cut costs and to right size human resource. As, our core business processes are a function of the global markets, the downslide made the bottomline to shrink. Our new strategy involves competitive pricing.<br>What they mean – Our idea blew, we don’t know what to do now <br> Statement 5 - I think we have harnessed all areas of growth and added value to our services. Now, we are exploring the arenas of newer inorganic growth, particularly the M&A way.<br>What they mean – we are for sale.<br>Statement 6 - Our business model revolves around the needs of the customer. Delivering quality to the customer and ensuring and seamless integration of values, vision and strategies to facilitate an ambience of growth, innovation and skills within the parameters of the customer’s needs. This, we feel, would make us the best the business. <br>What they mean – No one knows exactly, what we do and we want to keep it that way. <br>Statement 7 – The global demand for radiator caps has gone up by 6.34% YoY and the demand for cap washers by 2%. We now leverage our production capabilities to the maximum to capitalise in this increase in demand. We hence expect a jump in our top line by 15% and our bottom line by 4%. Our earnings estimate would grow by 4% QoQ.<br>What they mean – Finally we are expecting to make some money.<br> Statement 8 – Since the market for software solutions in USA, particularly of those which have been converted into a software product from the most popular customised software solutions, is showing signs of recession, we are exploring markets like Africa who seek end-to-end solutions.<br>What they mean – Since USA did not buy what we produced, we think Africa will!!<br>Statement – 9 - Since the last 1 year the market for BPO is grown at 110%. India’s key role in setting up outsourcing centers to provide strategically important customer care prompted us to open our new BPO third party process outsourcing center.<br>What they mean – we want to join the band wagon.<br>60% of GE’s calls are processed in Indian ITES centers. Bill Gates donates $400Mn to Microsoft India dev centre. India does bulk of the back office work of major US corporates.<br>What they mean – Finally, years of prayers and worship to the United States of Andhraites by desperate pseudo-patriotic Indians has paid off!!<br>I am sorry about the last one, but it is 100% true.
http://www.wiredbeats.com - Download Attitude for Free!

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

by Hyderabadi » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:23 am

Vivek - where did you get this from? Sounds pretty good.... not that you cannot author it ... but what is the source yaar?
Hyderabadi

by vivek of themavericks » Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:59 pm

The statements, were ofcouse passed by the top CEOs like Nandan Nilekani, Jerry Rao etc. But, the intrepretation is mine. Its original and not so copied stuff. I don\'t do that.

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

by RP (changed name - since there are other » Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:39 pm

No insult VoTm. I trust your intellect and your wit. Thanks for sharing wonderful items on these boards. I liked everyone of the items as I too love to read between lines of statements that sound real good but with strings attached to most of them. I guess one of the things I learned from my MBA Program is to \'sound good\' and be optimistic in the face of adversity - and you bet you will be a CEO some day (if you choose to). My unscientific study of executives suggest that they \'believe\' in what they do - even if they collect waste and start a company called \'Waste Management\' .... and then there are those that start companies, cook books, cheat and when exposed, hire an ex-FTC Chairman to (ab)use connections and fix the damage.
RP (changed name - since there are other

by vivek of themavericks » Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:05 am

Thanks, i shall respond that in detail shortly

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

by erpid69 » Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:44 pm

well that was a nice deduction vivek - accept my appreciation. To say further on what you have de jargonised, lets assume u turn out to be the CEO of a MNC soon <all the best> what would your statements be like. Would you choose to say anything different. Can you state some examples enivsaging a situation.. Thanks
erpid69

by Indefeasible » Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:16 pm

Crap, tell me the day when Microsoft will invest $400 m. It is all hype, total nonsense. White asses just know to exploit Indians
Indefeasible

by vivek of themavericks » Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:00 am

They did not invest $400Mn to Microsoft India developement centre, but gates actually invested $100Mn to MIDC fo expanding the work force of microsoft. This happened when he came here to India.

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

by vivek of themavericks » Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:05 am

Thanks a lot, as far as these jargons are concerned, well, ona has to learn to these garbage when you get to interact in the business circles on your professional capacity, when you want to convey some aspect of your company\'s performance you bette keep it simple because people holding your company\'s shares don\'t understand you words, however they are sensible enough to get irritated

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

by vivek of themavericks » Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:06 am

<B> The original message of the board starts below </b>

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

by 10 best business jargons of CE » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:46 pm

“Only a man with inferiority complex would run behind women” – NOT FROM Atlas Shrugged (I am sure).
10 best business jargons of CE
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Jargon / Hackney All the Time!

by Happy Hyderabadi » Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:17 pm

Jargon / Hackney All the Time!

Thank You Vivek for Your De-Jargonising What Some CEOs said ...

I have repeatedly heard VIPs' Begin Their Speech(es):" ... By Virtue of the Authority wasted * in me ... " (* for vested )

More of Jargon & Hackney ... A CEO also states " The Annual Report is with You and is deemed read^" (^it may not be ever seen by the Shareholder, in fact) ... Much Time may be saved if they also say," My Speech is Deemed Delivered!"

Greetings for a Great Effort!

HH

8) :) :D :lol: :!: :arrow:
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
Happy Hyderabadi
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: Jargon / Hackney All the Time!

by akhilis2cool » Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:42 pm

Happy Hyderabadi wrote:[ The Annual Report is with You and is deemed read^" (^it may not be ever seen by the Shareholder, in fact) ... Much Time may be saved if they also say," My Speech is Deemed Delivered!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by azazel » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:20 am

by virtue of the authority wasted in me, i declare this skeletal remains dug out.. ALIVE :lol: :lol:
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by ZC » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:20 am

:wink: :wink: :shock:
ZEE: the Colossus
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

jargon

by akhilis2cool » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:32 pm

azazel wrote:by virtue of the authority wasted in me, i declare this skeletal remains dug out.. ALIVE :lol: :lol:

but this is a new topic man....
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

topic

by akhilis2cool » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:33 pm

oh s***

forgot to see the date it was posted...

*eats his own words* buuuuuurp :)
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

Re: jargon

by ZC » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:33 pm

akhilis2cool wrote:
azazel wrote:by virtue of the authority wasted in me, i declare this skeletal remains dug out.. ALIVE :lol: :lol:

but this is a new topic man....

yes 2002 is very recent :x
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by azazel » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:14 pm

ZC wrote:yes 2002 is very recent :x

hyderabadi parsu, yaar :wink:
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by ZC » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:26 pm

azazel wrote:
ZC wrote:yes 2002 is very recent :x

hyderabadi parsu, yaar :wink:

and then he realised it
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by akhilis2cool » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:53 pm

heheeeeee,

azazel bhai u said it,

hyderabadi parsooon :lol:
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by vivek » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:45 pm

Offlate i have been in touch with top brass of various Amru firms. Most of these guys are Indian-Americans. Mostly gujjus. They are one who irritate on phone calls.A sample

" Hey can you instead of pasting the graphs in to Microsoft word, change it to Microsoft Excel and may even try embedding the graph into a Microsoft powerpoint ppt as agraphs as in when we click on it we get a Microsoft excel opned WITHIN the microsoft powerpoint slide.. also can you figure out a way to embedd microsoft project spreadsheet into a microsoft powerpoint slide in succession to the slide which contains the embedded microsoft excel spreadsheet... do you think this is something that can worked out?

Me : Ya point taken.. can be done

They : Great then ask XYZ to enter this task as a line item into the action item

me : (in my mind) Ya whatever.

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Return to Creativity, Inc.