Tuesday, 16 April 2024 »  Login
in

10 best goof-ups by politicians (a must read)

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by vivek of themavericks » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:38 am

Now now, I know most of you feel I really suck! .But there has to be some sort of balance in everything that happens. So there are boards, which are good enough to discuss and then there are boards like mine, where I start and finish the discussion!. Well, this time my top 10 goes political in a pugilistic way . An, I am sure those who blindly accuse of some doing the copy – paste job won’t do that here, cause I don’t do that! And I know that you know that.<br>Politicians are at a place which is referred as the last resort of a scoundrel, at such a place the synergy between the mind and the tongue goes astray .Have a peep at the 10 best ones.<br>Instance 1 – Who says law doesn’t work in this country, don’t I go to jail? - Laloo Prasad yadav <br>Instance 2 – I may not be married, but I am not a Brahmachari – Atal Bihari vajpayee in a lucknow election campaign( If you have read between the lines, you are right)<br>Instance 3 - I am thrilled in Bill Clinton’s visit, because Clinton is from South Amrika and Cyberabad is in South India and this is first time President from south amrika has visited south India – N Chandrababu naidu during Clinton’s visit to Hyderabad opps cyberabad!<br> Instance- 4 - Now we have to bills who have visited cyberabad, Bill Clinton and Bill Gates, I wish this becomes into dollar bills – Unknown MLA, AP during bill gate’s first visit to cyberabad .<br> Instance 5 – I am sure, Margaret Thatcher will remove what ever shes got in order to facilitate lowering of prices in UK’s retail market – Member of parliament , UK during Thatcher’s regime as the prime minister!<br> Instance 6- We are locked for about 50 days in the north block to keep the developments of the annual general budget confidential, we are not allowed to go out and sleep with our wives – Senior member in Ministry of finance on commenting on arrangement for the budget document<br> Instance 7 – My wife as the new CM of Bihar can make a bhel puri of all the departments that are corrupt and fry the corrupt ones like phulkas – Laloo yadav on an exclusive interview to start news <br> Instance 8 – I wanted to marry Lataji for her voice, ashaji for her sensuous appeal , aishwariya rai for her eyes and Meena Kumari for the feminine gestures but since, I cannot maintain more than one wife I buy their cassettes and manage with that – Senior BJP activist <br> Instance 9 – Nowadays everytime we bring the import duty on garments down, the skirts worn by girls become even shorter, I don’t want to reduce prices even further – Yashwant Sinha as the Finance minister<br> Instance 10 – The similarity between Holi and Budget is , both are a big joke – Yashwant Sinha celebrating Holi <br>
<b>Mother of all</b> – I think some thing seriously went wrong on Sept 11th when the World trade centre collapsed!!??? - Senior official from the office of the mayor of newyork on Larry kind live, CNN
http://www.wiredbeats.com - Download Attitude for Free!

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

by srenee » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:30 pm

Couple of more..
Most of the foreign Direct Investments in America are from Foreigners, which reflects tremendous amount of Confidence by foreigners in American Economy\' - J.w.Bush president of US of A when he was asked about US economy.

\'Japan Must take immediate measure to control Devaluation\' (He meant Deflation) J.Bush in his speech to Japanese parliment.he did not know the meaning of devaluation and deflation, Japanese Yen tumbled on this day,after which presidential spokes men had to give explanation to the press that J.Bush meant Deflation and not Devaluation.
srenee

by vivek of themavericks » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:42 pm

President bush is attributed to be a dumb guy, the best of email forwards are a take of his spoken blunders. Thats was a good one. Any more with more content?

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

by Mirror » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:49 pm

Parliament of Liars : Three world leaders did not speak the entire truth at the United Nations General Assembly. They did not speak the truth as it is, but as they perceived it to be. This blurring of distinctions makes the difference between the statesman and the ordinary politician.
1.US President George W Bush concentrated on Iraq, and twisted the facts to justify an immediate attack on that country. He spoke part of the truth, but not the entire truth as he sought to convince the world that a change in regime in Baghdad was essential because, of course, the people of Iraq wanted it.
2.The second leader to play with the facts was Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf who kept insisting there was no cross-border infiltration. There is, and there is sufficient evidence of it. But then again the General chooses to see the truth in colours.
3.The third leader was, unfortunately, Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee who spoke of his government’s commitment to secularism at a time when his well-protected Chief Minister Narendra Modi was spewing venom against the minorities in Gujarat.
Vajpayee forgot that a Prime Minister cannot take refuge in rhetoric, he is judged by his actions. And although the Prime Minister said in New York what he has not said yet in India, he could not list concrete steps taken by the government to check violence and restore communal amity and even more important, a sense of confidence and security amongst the victims.
Has Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who presided over the Gujarat violence, been removed? Have the victims been rehabilitated? Has a sense of confidence returned in the people of Gujarat? Have further attempts to communalise the situation been stopped by the State?
Has a check been put on the highly vitriolic and divisive Gaurav Yatra. The answer to all these questions is a “No”. So then how is secularism being preserved in India? Just through rhetoric? Even as the Government of India steps out to defend and protect the Chief Minister, who is continuing with his “hate Muslim” propaganda.
An ordinary person would have been arrested and tried for saying half of what Modi has been broadcasting all over the State. Instead, Deputy Prime Minister L K Advani has given him a warm pat on the back, encouraging him to keep up the good work of dividing the society.
Mirror

by vivek of themavericks » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:00 pm

Great work my man!, i shall reply to this soon

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

by Burp » Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:53 am

anybody remembers Lakshmi Parvathi\'s political comments, if so, please write them here - for good laughs !
Burp

by Srinu » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:01 pm

\"I did not have sex with that woman\" - Bill Clinton
Veni Vedi Veci
Srinu

by vivek of themavericks » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:45 pm

No, i remember. It was \" i did not have sexual relationship with Miss lewensky\". This was under the oath. Phew!

How will it end?
vivek of themavericks

Return to Creativity, Inc.