Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

'It rocks' and 'it sucks'... nothing in between?

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by vegmanjuria » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:57 pm

Is it that we just have extreme emotions or we love to talk only in the superlatives? Why don\'t we use words like beautiful, ok, fine, neat, bad, etc anymore? Is it because we don\'t have enuf vocab 2 do so???
vegmanjuria

by devi » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:44 am

Its called days of \'instant gratification\'. The days of balancing between several emotions on a stable ground aren\'t around much, I guess.
devi

by Vikas » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:40 pm

Dude/Dudette !
Let me introduce you to a lovely concept called COLLOQualism ( i hope i got the spelling rite !!) hehe! its just being out there man ..no fuss no bs !! ..and by the way ..I dont intend to offend you but you either sound rather old or ummn ..kinda gay ..not the happy-gay ..but you know what ! hehe ..roll with the flow buddy! Communication makes no sense when the opposite person has no idea what you\'re talkin about :P
Well anyway just chill and dont take my comments too seriously if you\'re comfortable with being traditional english ..please be yourself ! ..that would be kinda coool ..atleast to the people who really really really know you..but on a more generic note, try change if ya want 2 !!
cheers!
:)
---------------------
-LiFe=HaPPiNess
-LiTe TheeSkO
-nuVVu liTe aNte neNu piCHHa LiTe
-maA-Ki-KiRkiRi
Vikas

by popesmokesdope » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:00 pm

If you can\'t relate to a certain thing, you scream and holler to the world that it\'s just a lot of crap. If you do relate to it, then immediately it becomes the next best thing to hit the universe besides leather skirts. It\'s like saying you love something for the way it makes YOU feel... not your neighbour\'s dog, not the nice old lady who bakes chocolate-chip cookies, but YOU, you, YOU! We are an egoistic lot, aren\'t we? Egoism in itself doesnt piss me off as much as an unreasoned argument. I do respect egoists who have very good reasons for liking/hating a particular object/form/being.What I hate is insipid statemens like \"It sucks\" , \"It rules\" and \"I guess its not my cup of tea\" without delving into why it is so.
I am the ism, my hate's a prism
Let's just kill everyone and let your God sort them out
popesmokesdope

by fun loving guy (Not a freak !!!!!) » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:54 pm

HUH!! I could hardly find any relation between the post initiated by vegmanjuria and those posted by the rest. Buddies, pls let\'s respect the topics/subjects posted by the INITIATORS and respond to the same only if we can... Let\'s not digress... have fun!
fun loving guy (Not a freak !!!!!)

by avinash. » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:42 am

I spoke to her in a voice gentle and shy<br>
Yet she did not give me a reply<br>
So I found a way to erase her fear<br>
Holding her face, I drew her near<br>
Let all this not raise your hair<br>
For she was sitting in a dentist\'s chair.<br><br>

There. Words, words everywhere, not a single extreme emotion:).
Neat, no?
avinash.

by The fullhyd.com moderator » Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:27 pm

Dear Fun Loving Guy: We could hardly agree more! We really think all posts should relate to the original topic. Like we always say, money may not be everything, but that doesn\'t mean you can\'t take a medicine through a loud mouth, or even that a penguin can\'t type for free. No, sir! And to demonstrate our allegiance to vegmanjuria\'s original topic, here\'s a small poem that emphatically hallucinates (or is the correct word elucidates?) upon it:<br><br>
Do you have a phobia for hedge-trimmers<br>
Is it okay to throw your shirt into the fire<br>
And when you are clipping the nails of a praying mantis<br>
Can a man offer you a tyre?
The fullhyd.com moderator

Return to Creativity, Inc.