Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

Humour in fullhyd

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Humour in fullhyd

by vivek » Fri May 28, 2004 5:30 pm

Its been long since i started a board. Thats because all were flops. Anyway, heres something i have been wanting to open a board on.

The Humour in this site is great. Sarcastic, something which when you get used to, comes easily. Try and chronicle the best humour lines/phrases that fullhyd has used to slam/describe a movie/event

Here are mine

1. Describing swimming pools in Hyd : Some are small, some are large, even olympic standards. The best ones have water

2. Percussion in B&C : Bored of all the DJs and their remixes? BNC brings to you, Roberto Narain, a magical percussionist. Bored of him, too? BNC has beer.

Add yours
http://www.wiredbeats.com - Download Attitude for Free!

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Flying Idlis ...

by Happy Hyderabadi » Fri May 28, 2004 6:47 pm

Flying Idlis ...

* The Govt in repeated bouts of "Entertainment Tax" over the years managed to send Entertainment Out of the Movies and hit and hurt the Cine-Goers ...

* The CGs after the Cine Attacks would then flock into Eateries called Hotels ... Only to see dwindling size of Idlis, thanks to efforts to hold firmly the Price Line ... The Poor Idlies were growing smaller and thinner ... So much so the Harried Citizens would request to "Please Switch off the Fans" to hold on dearly to their Idlies ... The "Price Line" Hold Jargon got blown off ... But the Citizens continue their "Empty" Protests as the Big Notes get blown off, now, in their efforts to get a "Square Snack", if not a "Square Meal"!

:oops: :?:
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
Happy Hyderabadi
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Scorpion's Sting » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:43 pm

review of Incredibles:

Saving the world is a thankless job. No matter how many times you save it, it always manages to get back into mess again.

And also the entire year 2003, a review. That was hilarious!
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
Scorpion's Sting
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: Humour in fullhyd

by mark » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:30 pm

vivek wrote:Its been long since i started a board. Thats because all were flops.

your thread are always good.

my favourite review actually isn't a review at all, it's from the movie "This is Spinal Tap", on their album "Shark Sandwich" the review was "Shit Sandwich".
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by akhilis2cool » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:48 am

This was from the review of the balayya movie"Vijayendra Verma"

Vijayendra Varma will give you everything you need to come down from the top of the theater, head first, via the roof.
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by Sharjeel » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Review of Vidarthi:

Vidyarthi was made to depict the metamorphosing primary aspirations of the continually evolving post-modern student generation of today - i. e. have sex.
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Scorpion's Sting » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:05 pm

On the eve-teasing thread:

fullhyd wrote:Give your theories on eve-teasing in Hyderabad here. We at fullhyd.com have, for instance, discovered that it happens mostly to women.
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
Scorpion's Sting
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Habitual Perfectionist » Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:09 am

From the movie Aitraaz...

Priyanka Chopra to Akshay Kumar : Unhone apni company ke liye mujhe Brand Ambassador banaya hai.

My comments : Company ke liye brand aur apne liye ambassador banaya hai (so that he can happily ride her)
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Habitual Perfectionist » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:11 am

This came to me on email through my school's old boys' net.

A current student of the school wrote:DISTINGUISHED SAINIKS
IF ANYONE OF YOU ARE IN SOME FOREIGN COUNTRY PIZ
TELL ME HOW CAN I APPLY TO FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES
&HOW TO INCREASE MY CHANCES OF GETTING AIDS

The next day I see another mail from him.

The same guy wrote:respected sir
sorry to use the word "AIDS"WHEN i actually meant
"financial aid"also thanks for your overwhelming response
i have done class 12 with 86% and all india highest {99/100} in
english, my SAT SUBJECT TEST SCORE IS 2150
OUT OF 2400 WITH 790/800 IN MATH 780/800 IN PHYSICS 580/800 IN ENGLISH
.MY EXPECTED SAT-1 SCORE IS 1400-1450 OUT OF 1600. KINDLY GUIDE me to
know about where i stand a chance to pursue ENGINEERING B.TECH courses

If he could score All-India highest in English, I wonder what the examiner might have been doing.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Just Another Human » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:06 pm

http://www.fullhyd.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=40188&highlight=

Am trying to add good ones that I come across - not limited to one liners though..

(btw, didn't know there's a humor thread already and hence, started another in haste - Thanks to HP for guiding me on this :-)
ek minut....
Just Another Human
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

Return to Creativity, Inc.