Sunday, 28 April 2024 »  Login
in

what exactly is creativity?

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Vertical ... Lateral ... Round ... Around ... Surround ... T

by Happy Hyderabadi » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:08 pm

Vertical ... Lateral ... Round ... Around ... Surround ... Thinking ... All Linked to Creativity ... Why Think and Sink ... Just Relax ... Eyes Will Close ... To See ... Visions ... To Deep Sleep ... I have been told by those rare individuals who keep a pad or paper handy near their cot and catch their thoughts on it in the dead of night for further cogitation / agitation ... Great Words of Poetry Get to Be Received Through Such Sleep "Sittings" / "Writings"

8) :!:
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
Happy Hyderabadi
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Spyglass » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:41 am

I believe thought is the only thing that can be created atleast the only thing we humans have been given the power to create ...to introduce into the universe...baki everything else is just recycle and reuse.

these thoughts,however, if not shared will die with us. still...if you look at the bigger picture ..we're all going to be extinct someday...so all that created will eventually be nullified. So basically creativity is a catch-22 phenomenon.

just sharing thoughts... :idea:
I dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it !
Chiasma Crossed
Spyglass

by kaikO » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:21 am

thoughts are mere impressions of our past and present.

more we learn, more we think and vice-versa
kaikO

by ZC » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:56 am

CREATIVITY DEFINITELY IS NOT STARTING THE DB ON CREATIVITY AND MAKING IT ONE OF THE LONGEST/BIGGEST OF DB'S :D
ZEE: the Colossus
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Re: what exactly is creativity?

by Fiddler » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:56 pm

CAFE wrote:as all of us know, nothing can be created nor destroyed

Perhaps you're a little confused here. It is said that MATTER can neither be created nor destroyed. Of course, e=mc (squared) begs to disprove that, but the point is that you've started out your argument on a slightly shaky foundation, don't you think?

What people refer as 'creativity' is not the creation of something PHYSICALLY new. Creativity is the creation of IDEAS, of new ways of thought. And if you think this should be referred to as 'talent', please realise that the word 'talent' in itself is meaningless without a connection to another human quality. A talent is the ability to do something well instinctively and without much training.

CAFE wrote:am i getting tooooooooo deeeeeeeeeeep :?:

Definitely not as deep as you think.
'Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum!'
Fiddler

by Red Combat » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:31 pm

Am on my way to 100 - Shambar.

Spamming is Creativity
Let's get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini.
<I>-Every Day's a Holiday</I>
Red Combat
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Red Combat » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:38 pm

I think I will just leave it here. May be become 100 tomorrow. OR just quit at 99. start spamming with another ID. Thats Creativity.
Let's get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini.
<I>-Every Day's a Holiday</I>
Red Combat
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by CAFE » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:39 pm

Fiddler wrote:What people refer as 'creativity' is not the creation of something PHYSICALLY new. Creativity is the creation of IDEAS, of new ways of thought.

ideas already exist. ppl who see them in a way others couldn't see , call themselves creative.

they dont create ideas.

a simple ex: first flight's design was inspired from birds..but they call it creativity.

same way, for everything..an original already exists. we just see it in a new way
CAFE

by Fiddler » Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:45 pm

CAFE wrote:ideas already exist. ppl who see them in a way others couldn't see , call themselves creative.
they dont create ideas.
a simple ex: first flight's design was inspired from birds..but they call it creativity.
same way, for everything..an original already exists. we just see it in a new way

Hmm. So where do you see the original form of the style of art known as Cubism, as represented by Picasso? Or how do you explain the revolution brought about by Jimi hendrix and his guitar in the world of music?

I think you're confusing the word 'idea' with the word 'concept', which has a slightly broader definition. If your argument is to be believed, ideas float around in the cosmos just waiting to be plucked out of the ether.

Where do you think the 'idea' of the lightbulb came from. The sun? Candles? Those two work on an entirely different mechanism.

Look at yourself. How would you define your opinion that creativity doesn't exist? As an idea? As a talent? As a philosophical question? It could go on and on...
Fiddler

by Lucifer » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:54 pm

Could never let up on an opportunity to be vain. You people asked what creativity is, right? To find the answer read:

http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com

:D :P 8) :lol: :lol: [/url]
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Major TP » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:26 am

[quote='Fiddler']It is said that MATTER can neither be created nor destroyed. Of course, e=mc (squared) begs to disprove that[/quote]

Could somebody explain to me what the Law of Conservation of Energy is all about ? ....not a science student, me.
Chiasma Crossed
Major TP

by Major TP » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:28 am

Fiddler wrote:It is said that MATTER can neither be created nor destroyed. Of course, e=mc (squared) begs to disprove that

Could somebody explain to me what the Law of Conservation of Energy is all about ? ....not a science student, me.[/quote]
Chiasma Crossed
Major TP

by rabbithole » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:07 am

Major TP wrote:
Fiddler wrote:It is said that MATTER can neither be created nor destroyed. Of course, e=mc (squared) begs to disprove that

Could somebody explain to me what the Law of Conservation of Energy is all about ? ....not a science student, me.
[/quote]

law of conservation of energy states that the energy is conserved by conserving the energy which needs to be conversed( :roll: am gettin confused my self.. :roll: :roll: )...damn u for screwin up my science basics :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
rabbithole

by Adonis » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:30 am

[/quote]

law of conservation of energy simply means that energy can not be created or destroyed !!! it can only be changed from one form to another !! there fore the sum of all the energy in the system is a constant..

for example when ur burning coal, you are not destroying the energy in the coal, you are just changing the form of energy in the coal to heat .

hope that helps ! :)
Adonis

RE:

by Jaan » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:05 am

I think creativity is like BREATHING FOR YOUR SOUL.

Jaan
Have you seen Neville's toad, Trevor?
Jaan
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by creative » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:51 am

Fiddler wrote:Look at yourself. How would you define your opinion that creativity doesn't exist? As an idea? As a talent? As a philosophical question? It could go on and on...

i dont define creativity because i dont believe normal humans have it.

either you got to be extra-ordinary or the CREATOR yourself.

what above average people has are IDEAS and they call it CREATIVITY to show their intellectual superiority over others
creative

by ZC » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:30 am

everyone says BULLSHIT.........

one fine day..if u walk in and say COW-DUNG..........its isnt called Creativity !!
ZEE: the Colossus
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Creativity ... Creation ... Go On and On ... New Solutions!

by Happy Hyderabadi » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:29 pm

Creativity ... Creation ... Go On and On ... New Solutions!

* Someone ... "The Creator" said Eons and Ages Ago: "I Am Bored ... Let There Be ... " ... And Creation Started ... Since Then ... Creativity ... Creation ... Go On and On ... !

* Dr Ed Diener, the "Guru " of Happiness Studies says:"Health, Creativity 8), Productivity and even Altruism are higher in Happy People :D ... They Do Better at Complex and Creative Tasks because they're more likely to Search for New Solutions, while Depressed People are more Vigilant against Making Errors." [RD}

------------

8) :idea: :lol: :arrow:
Happy Hyderabadi
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Fiddler » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:52 pm

creative wrote:what above average people has are IDEAS and they call it CREATIVITY to show their intellectual superiority over others

Ah, now we get to the crux of the matter! You're blaming the process of coining a word in the English language on a few egoists who think they're better than everyone else. Hmmm. Bad experiences in life, huh?

Maybe you can take consolation in the fact that JRR Tolkien takes the same view and calls such people 'sub-creative'. Congratulations!
Fiddler

Creativity Pool!

by Happy Hyderabadi » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:38 pm

Visit:

http://www.creativitypool.com/

"IDEAS

Welcome to a database full of creative and original ideas. The Creativity Pool is the home of future innovation and tomorrow's most (in)famous inventions. This service is basically free and works like the penny cup next to the cash register. Have a brilliant suggestion or ideas for a new invention? Add it and be rewarded. Looking for inspiration or some great ideas for your business? Just ask.

"Browse the Pool!"

Some Samples:

* Ultrasonic Blender

Many accidents occur with high speed mixies and blenders. It may be possible to make a blender based on ultrasound on the lines of the tissue disintegrators used in biology research.

* Eco(nomical) Toilet

Toilets could be designed with a flush tank that has two levels - one for liquid waste and the other for solid waste. If level (2) flushes 3 galons of water, level (1) could be designed to flush half of that as liquid waste does not need too much water to flush.

This would save millions of gallons of precious water everyday in every home around the world.

Reward: not sure. but if this productized, it would help save precious water (which we take for granted) and save our planet

* Sleep 'N' Learn

This product would help you study or learn a new language in your sleep. Before you go to bed, you would insert the learning chip of your choice in your subliminal output unit (possibly would look like a miniature CD player) on top of your bedside nightstand. How this would work is, just as you're going to sleep, push the on button, if you're still awake, all you would hear is a barely there white noise, but when you go to sleep, the soundwaves deliver information to your brain, and is catered to each sleep cycle. When you wake up the next morning, just push the off button.

Reward: A free Sleep'N'Learn, and a free gift basket from veganstore.com

* Silent Students

The students these days are too talkative, that's why we have suggested that we should get sound proof cubbies for each student. This way teachers can not only limit the talking amongst the students but also all the outbursts in class. With this process the teacher will have full control over who can talk and his/her voice is projected to each cubby. The teacher could also control who talks to who and whoever sleeps will hear a loud buzzer. We think that teachers should be in some what of control of their class. :)

----

Happy Creativity Times!

:) :idea:
Happy Hyderabadi
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by CAFE » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:46 am

those don't come from bad experiences Mr.Fiddler

observation is enuff
CAFE

Challenge, Opportunity and Creativity!

by HH » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:20 pm

* Challenge, Opportunity and Creativity!

In an ever changing world new challenges are constantly thrown up. These have to be converted into opportunities. Creative solutions are needed most. (UK’s National Health Services have been interested in treating British patients in Indian medical institutions …) – post@anitapratap.com

Visit: http://www.outlookindia.com/

-----

:idea: :arrow:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Rajesh Seshadri » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:05 pm

CAFE wrote:as all of us know, nothing can be created nor destroyed

everything exists and we, only can present/see things in different forms.
then what is this word 'CREATIVITY?'
why are few people called 'creative'?

they forget that, those people are only channels, that present existing things in some form to this world. they didn't/can't create anything.

am i getting tooooooooo deeeeeeeeeeep :?:

If Edison were to meet you, we would'nt have had the electric bulb. :D
Rajesh Seshadri - Multimedia Professional. http://www.rajeshgemini.com
Rajesh Seshadri

Previous                

Return to Creativity, Inc.