Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Just One Life!

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Re: An Old Lady's Poem... JUST ONE (MORE) LIFE?!

by HH » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:25 pm

Alexis wrote:
HH wrote: An Old Lady's Poem... JUST ONE (MORE) LIFE?! :o
Woah, I had watery eyes by the time I got to the end of this poem, HH-sir!
Sure, Im an emotional fool. But can you blame me?! This poem is sooo heavy!

Thank You, Ms "Alexis", For Your Appreciation of the Pathos of the Poem ... You Are Indeed A Special Person ... Greetings.
Other Readers May Also See ... Not Just The Person ... But Those With Them / Behind Them ... May They Also See What is Special of This "One Life" of The Person!

--------

8) :idea:
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

JUST ONE ... YOU!

by HH » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:14 pm

JUST ONE ... YOU! :) :D

JUST ONE

One song can spark a moment,
One flower can wake the dream.
One tree can start a forest,
One bird can herald spring.
One smile begins a friendship,
One handclasp lifts a soul.
One star can guide a ship at sea,
One word can frame the goal
One vote can change a nation,
One sunbeam lights a room
One candle wipes out darkness,
One laugh will conquer gloom.
One step must start each journey.
One word must start each prayer.
One hope will raise our spirits,
One touch can show you care.
One voice can speak with wisdom,
One heart can know what's true,

One life can make a difference,

You see, it's up to You!

- Author Unknown

-----------

Visit: http://www.wow4u.com/justone/

-----------

-----------

:P :idea:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

One Just Life ...

by HH » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:02 pm

One Just Life :) :D

* The Game of Life

# The Game of Life (or simply Life) is not a game in the conventional sense. There are no players, and no winning or losing. Once the "pieces" are placed in the starting position, the rules determine everything that happens later. Nevertheless, Life is full of surprises! In most cases, it is impossible to look at a starting position (or pattern) and see what will happen in the future. The only way to find out is to follow the rules of the game.

# Play Life Now!

# Rules of the Game of Life

- Life is played on a grid of square cells--like a chess board but extending infinitely in every direction. A cell can be live or dead. A live cell is shown by putting a marker on its square. A dead cell is shown by leaving the square empty. Each cell in the grid has a neighborhood consisting of the eight cells in every direction including diagonals.

- To apply one step of the rules, we count the number of live neighbors for each cell. What happens next depends on this number.

* A dead cell with exactly three live neighbors becomes a live cell (birth).

* A live cell with two or three live neighbors stays alive (survival).

* In all other cases, a cell dies or remains dead (overcrowding or loneliness).

Note: The number of live neighbours is always based on the cells before the rule was applied. In other words, we must first find all of the cells that change before changing any of them. Sounds like a job for a computer!

** One Just Life:

* Dr. John Conway

# John Conway is a Professor of Finite Mathematics at Princeton University.

# He invented the Game of Life in 1970. He chose the rules carefully after trying many other possibilities, some of which caused the cells to die too fast and others which caused too many cells to be born. Life balances these tendencies, making it hard to tell whether a pattern will die out completely, form a stable population, or grow forever.

# Life is just one example of a cellular automaton, which is any system in which rules are applied to cells and their neighbors in a regular grid.

# There has been much recent interest in cellular automata, a field of mathematical research. Life is one of the simplest cellular automata to have been studied, but many others have been invented, often to simulate systems in the real world.

# In addition to the original rules, Life can be played on other kinds of grids with more complex patterns. There are rules for playing on hexagons arranged in a honeycomb pattern, and games where cells can have more than two states (imagine live cells with different colors).

# Life is probably the most often programmed computer game in existence. There are many different variations and information on the web.

One Life Can Make a Difference ...

You May Play Dr. John Conway's Game of Life!

- Paul Callahan

-----------

Visit: http://www.math.com/students/wonders/life/life.html

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: One Just Life ...

by Scorpion's Sting » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:10 am

HH wrote: One Just Life :) :D

* The Game of Life
# The Game of Life (or simply Life) is not a game in the conventional sense. There are no players, and no winning or losing. Once the "pieces" are placed in the starting position, the rules determine everything that happens later. Nevertheless, Life is full of surprises! In most cases, it is impossible to look at a starting position (or pattern) and see what will happen in the future. The only way to find out is to follow the rules of the game.
# Play Life Now!

This para brought back memories of when my parents, my sisters and my cousins all sat down together and played the board game |L|I|F|E|. We played for nearly three-and-a-half hours. we started the game at 9:30PM and we finished it at 12:30 or 1:00 in the morning. That was one fun night :D :D :D
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
Scorpion's Sting
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: Be Alive!

by Cowboy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:39 am

HH wrote: Be Alive!

Be Alive
Be Active
Be Reactive
Be Proactive

Be the Life
Be the Soul
Live One Life
Just One Life!
---------------

Go to bed!!!
If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is - infinite.
Cowboy

Re: An Old Lady's Poem... JUST ONE (MORE) LIFE?!

by Alexis » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:40 am

HH wrote:
Alexis wrote:
HH wrote: An Old Lady's Poem... JUST ONE (MORE) LIFE?! :o
Woah, I had watery eyes by the time I got to the end of this poem, HH-sir!
Sure, Im an emotional fool. But can you blame me?! This poem is sooo heavy!

[i]Thank You, Ms "Alexis", For Your Appreciation of the Pathos of the Poem ... You Are Indeed A Special Person ... Greetings.

Thank you HH-sir, so are you. :D
Whenever you can't sleep
May you be treated to a song
And heaven cracks
A song falls softly from the light of heaven.
Alexis
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by HH » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:03 am

Cowboy wrote:

---------------

Go to bed!!!

Thank You, "Cowboy" ... Prophet Did Not "Go to Bed!!!" ... EVER Awake For You ... Festive Greetings!

----------

:) :D
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: One Just Life ...

by HH » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:10 am

Scorpion's Sting wrote:
HH wrote: One Just Life :) :D

* The Game of Life
#...
# Play Life Now!

This para brought back memories of when my parents, my sisters and my cousins all sat down together and played the board game |L|I|F|E|. We played for nearly three-and-a-half hours. we started the game at 9:30PM and we finished it at 12:30 or 1:00 in the morning. That was one fun night :D :D :D

Thank You, "Scorpion's Sting", For Your Fun Time ... With |L|I|F|E| ... Be Happy Enjoy |L|I|F|E|!

8) :) :D :P :!: :idea: :arrow:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Life

by HH » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:41 am

Life :) :D

Look to this day

for it is life,

the very life of life.

In its brief course lie all

the realities of existence;

the joy of growth,

the splendour of action,

the qlory of power.

For yesterday is but a memory

and tomorrow is only a vision,

but today well lived

makes every yesterday

a memory of happiness

and every tomorrow

a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore,
to this day!

--Ancient Sanskrit Poem

-----------

Visit: http://www.xenodochy.org/ex/life.html

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Life - Charlotte Brontë

by HH » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:28 pm

Life - Charlotte Brontë :) :D

LIFE, believe, is not a dream,
So dark as sages say;
Oft a little morning rain
Foretells a pleasant day:
Sometimes there are clouds of gloom,
But these are transient all;
If the shower will make the roses bloom,
Oh, why lament its fall?
Rapidly, merrily,
Life's sunny hours flit by,
Gratefully, cheerily,
Enjoy them as they fly.

What though death at times steps in,
And calls our Best away?
What though Sorrow seems to win,
O'er hope a heavy sway?
Yet Hope again elastic springs,
Unconquered, though she fell,
Still buoyant are her golden wings,
Still strong to bear us well.
Manfuly, fearlessly,
The day of trial bear,
For gloriously, victoriously,
Can courage quell dispair!

- Charlotte Brontë

-----------

Visit: http://www.theotherpages.org/poems/bronte02.html#c2

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Leisure in LIFE - William Henry Davies ...

by HH » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:56 pm

Leisure in LIFE - William Henry Davies ... :) :D

Leisure In LIFE ...

What is life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

- William Henry Davies

-----------

http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/wil ... avies.html

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

PLEASANT LIFE ... SERVICE ...SELFLESS SERVICE ...

by HH » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:34 pm

PLEASANT LIFE ... SERVICE ... SERVICE LIFE ... :) :D

PLEASANT LIFE ...

A life spent in the service of God and
in communion with him, is the most
pleasant life that any one can live
in the world.
- Matthew Henry

SERVICE ...
# Service To Humanity Is Service To Divinity / "Manava Sevaye Madhava Seva"!

SELFLESS SERVICE ...
# Service expresses the divinity hidden in man. It broadens one's heart, it destroys narrow-mindedness, and it gives delight. The evil qualities and tendencies in us can be driven away through service.
# Service is the highest spiritual discipline. Prayer and meditation, or knowledge of scripture and Vedanta (holy scriptures of India), cannot help you reach the goal as quickly as service can. Service has a double effect: it extinguishes the ego and gives bliss.
# Hands that serve are holier than lips that pray.
# God is the embodiment of compassion. He watches for a grain of goodness or humility so that He can reward it with tons of grace. Deserve the grace of God by helping the weak and the poor, the diseased and the downtrodden.
# Service without idea of self . . . trains you to transcend all the artificial distinctions imposed by history and geography, and to realize that the human community is one and indivisible.
- SATHYA SAI BABA

-----------

Visit:

http://www.gracegems.org/12/most.htm

http://members.aol.com/introsai/works/service.htm

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Supers and "Supering" : One Super Life - 'Tripp' T

by HH » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:40 pm

Supers and "Supering" : One Super Life - Tales from the Tripped

One Super Life - Tales from the Tripped

“Wear the old coat and buy the new book." -Austin Phelps

There are those grasping souls who, no matter how much they have, want more. And will do whatever conniving and deceiving they must do to get it. To them, how they get it is unimportant. It’s all in the possessing. Well, also in the flaunting. But flaunting is a whole ‘nother story.

You know the type? Lots of stuff is good. Cheap is bad -- but inexpensive, now that’s getting religion. Getting it free is like finding out that getting religion will also make you smart, beautiful, famous AND rich. And getting over on someone to get it for free, well, that’s nirvana wrapped in heaven inside of Shangri-la. We all know someone like this. There are some such souls in our fair city, sad to say. In the upper west side luxury condo where I live and work, they bought and moved into Apt. 8D many years before I was hired as the super.

Now, to me at least, there are degrees. If a very poor person is seen grabbing and grasping, motivated by need more than greed, by wanting to better his life and that of his family, well, that’s one thing. But to see a human - who already has everything - want still more, not even allowing him/herself to be on familiar terms with the fact that he already has more than he needs… that’s another story altogether. Here’s one such short story:

I was taking my afternoon coffee one day about a year ago, when my doorman called me to say there was an emergency in 8D. She was yelling into the phone all high-pitched and scared and nervous: “Tell the super to come up here right away, my diamond wedding ring fell down the drain and I want it back immediately.”

Well, this day was beginning to look like it just might have an upside. A five minute job AND a nice healthy tip was almost assured. AND, I might possibly be up for hero of the year for a change (supers don’t get that enough). I went up when my break was over, separated the plumbing under the bath vanity, and poured the water into a container.

No diamond ring in sight. Suddenly, the under-sink plumbing I was holding in my hand had DISASTER stamped all over each piece in big scary lettering.

She was too upset to stand there and watch, but Slippery Finger’s husband was keeping his evil, ah, make that eagle eye on the proceedings. We were both stunned about where the ring was not. Mr. Slippery called Mrs. into the bathroom, and we both queried her about running water AFTER the ring had slipped off her finger. Definitely not, she said. She had made sure that after the ring had slipped off, she shut the faucet immediately and called for help.

Momentarily I didn’t know what to do. I had heard rumors about these nice people, under whose grand hospitality I was now pinned, but being new to the building I had no actual experience to explain that hairy feeling forming in the pit of my stomach. They had been suspected of staging incidents before (at least one of which involved a former employee and expensive jewelry), and this was starting to take on the look and feel of one of those. I unholstered my flashlight and peered down the drain with concentration to summon the plumbing gods. There appeared to be something hanging there, on the stopper lever, but I couldn’t be sure, and from my angle I could NOT see a diamond.

I asked Mr. Slippery for a wire hanger, and sweated through opening it up, wondering what good could come of this incident (or was it accident), and was I really as screwed as I was starting to feel? As I started probing the drain with the wire, I heard the unmistakable plunk of metal against plastic, of a heavy diamond ring hitting the bottom of the green plastic bucket below. Oh yes, it WAS going to be a good day after all. Ms. Slippery Ring Finger chirped and gasped loudly in recognition, as if to say, “That’s it, that’s it! I’ve heard that sound before!”

It had been there all along, having somehow hung itself, waiting for light persuasion from my wire poke before giving itself up. I was concurrently wiping the sweat off my forehead and saying a prayer of thanks for not getting the blame for inadvertently disposing of (or worse, stealing) a very expensive diamond ring, and all the while plotting how I could get out of there as fast as possible, when the husband stuffed $50 in bills into my hand. Hey now. Not only was I the hero of the story for a change, but I got some nice change to boot.

Before escaping, I commented on how beautifully the bathroom had turned out – new vanity, new mirrors, new tiles on the floor and wall – it looked GORGEOUS, and expensive. They both thanked me and smiled, Yes, they were very happy; the work had been completed just days before.

“Money can't buy friends, but it can get you a better class of enemy.” -- Spike Milligan

Three days later, the contractor who had just completed that tile work in 8D stopped by the building. He looked very irritated and frustrated, like he had just wakened with a sour stomach. “I thought you were finished here --what happened?” I asked him. “They told me yesterday that they don’t like the tile, that it’s uneven in color and installed poorly, and they want something done about it,” he said with a frustrated frown.

I was shocked. SHOCKED! Aside from the obvious (they HAD said, had they not, that they JUST LOVED the work – or had I dreamt it?), which caused my initial stunned astonishment, I couldn’t help but think: Why is it that anyone bids on, and accepts, a job in ANY building in this City without speaking to the super first? Who knows better than the super (and of course other staff who have prime contact with residents) whether or not the person or persons they will be spending lots of effort and time with – many thousands of dollars over many months in most cases, sometimes even millions of dollars and more than a year in others -- is honest, a good business person, above board, and will pay the bill at the end?

There has been much drivel written in magazine articles and books – okay, some of it good -- about finding a good contractor, much less about finding a good client. But a contractor could help himself and his sour stomach many times over by asking a few pointed questions of relatively disinterested parties (the super, the doormen, the handyman maybe?). In this case, if he had asked me, I would have told him to run -- not walk -- away from this particular potential client.

He never gave himself a running chance.
- John Tripp

-----------

Visit:

http://www.nysupersclub.org/tripped1.htm

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

The Summer Day - One Precious Life : Attention Is Prayer!

by HH » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:05 am

Who made the world?
Who made the swan, and the black bear?
Who made the grasshopper?
This grasshopper, I mean-
the one who has flung herself out of the grass,
the one who is eating sugar out of my hand,
who is moving her jaws back and forth instead of up and down-
who is gazing around with her enormous and complicated eyes.
Now she lifts her pale forearms and thoroughly washes her face.
Now she snaps her wings open, and floats away.
I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

- Mary Oliver

-----------

Visit:

http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/133.html

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Priceless Gifts!

by HH » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:14 pm

Priceless Gifts!

Priceless Gifts!

Life holds so many priceless things
The falling rain
The wind that sings
Each star on a high
A big full moon
And sunbeams dancing in your room
The river as it rushes on
A sunset when the day is gone
No wealth can buy a mountain tall
These priceless things belong to all
An autumn tree lends beauty rare
With leaves piled deep moss everywhere
As nature wears a glowing smile
To make each day a day worth while
Could anything be quite as dear?
As laughing children that we hear?
The gift of friendship that is ours?
The miracle of growing flowers?
Each magic moment treasured time
These priceless gifts are
Yours and mine

-----------

Visit:

http://www.4degreez.com/poetry/6888/992436767.html

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

THE BREATH IS LIFE'S TEACHER

by HH » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:15 pm

THE BREATH IS LIFE'S TEACHER!

THE BREATH IS LIFE'S TEACHER

Observe me, says the Breath, and learn to live effortlessly in the Present Moment.
Feel me, says the Breath, and feel the Ebb and Flow of Life.
Allow me, says the Breath, and I’ll sustain and nourish you, filling you with energy and cleansing you of tension and fatigue.

Move with me, says the Breath, and I’ll invite your soul to dance.
Make sounds with me and I shall teach your soul to sing.
Follow me, says the Breath, and I’ll lead you out to the farthest reaches of the Universe, and inward to the deepest parts of your inner world.

Notice, says the Breath, that I am as valuable to you coming or going… that every part of my cycle is as necessary as another… that after I’m released, I return again and again… that even after a long pause – moments when nothing seems to happen – eventually I am there.

Each time I come, says the Breath, I am a gift from Life. And yet you release me without regret… without suffering… without fear.
Notice how you take me in, invites the Breath. Is it with joy… with gratitude…? Do you take me in fully… invite me into all the inner spaces of your home? …Or carefully into just inside the door? What places in you am I not allowed to nourish?

And notice, says the Breath, how you release me. Do you hold me prisoner in closed up places in the body? Is my release resisted… do you let me go reluctantly, or easily?

And are my waves of Breath, of Life, as gentle as a quiet sea, softly smoothing sandy stretches of yourself….? Or anxious, urgent, choppy waves…? Or the crashing tumult of a stormy sea…?

And can you feel me as the link between your inner and outer worlds… feel me as Life’s exchange between the Universe and You? The Universe breathes me into You… You send me back to the Universe. I am the flow of life between every single part and the Whole.

Your attitude to me, says the Breath, is your attitude to Life. Welcome me… embrace me fully. Let me nourish you completely, then set me free. Move with me, dance with me, sing with me, sigh with me… Love me. Trust me. Don’t try to control me.

I am the Breath.
Life is the Musician.
You are the flute.
And music – creativity – depends on all of us. You are not the Creator… nor the Creation.
We are all a part of the process of Creativity… You, Life, and me: the Breath.

- Donna Martin, M.A. Box 834 Kamloops, B.C. V2C 5M8 donna@donnamartin.net

-----------

Visit:

http://www.donnamartin.net/poetry.htm

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by salamehyderabad » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:00 pm

Be Alive
Be Active
Be Reactive
Be Proactive

Be the Life
Be the Soul
Live One Life
Just One Life!
---------------
---------------
:) :idea:

Nice one HH saaar....
Don't expect to learn about people from books; a person can't fit in a bookcase
salamehyderabad
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Thank You, "salamehyderabad"! ... Re: Be Alive!

by HH » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:22 am

salamehyderabad wrote:....
Live One Life
Just One Life!

Nice one HH saaar....

Thank You, "salamehyderabad"! ... For Making The Morning Come ALIVE! 8) :) :D :P :!: :idea: :arrow:

---------------

---------------

:) :idea:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: Life

by Xeno » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:37 am

HH wrote: Life :) :D

Look to this day
for it is life,
the very life of life.
In its brief course lie all
the realities of existence;
the joy of growth,
the splendour of action,
the qlory of power.
For yesterday is but a memory
and tomorrow is only a vision,
but today well lived
makes every yesterday
a memory of happiness
and every tomorrow
a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore,
to this day!

--Ancient Sanskrit Poem
-----------
Visit: http://www.xenodochy.org/ex/life.html
-----------
-----------

I was a nice one HH I really liked it, you are one cool dude on these boards..
The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out.
Xeno

Thank You, "Xeno"...You Have also Made The Mornin

by HH » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:55 am

Xeno wrote:...
It was a nice one HH I really liked it, you are one cool dude on these boards..

Thank You, "Xeno", ... You Have also Made The Morning One Great Morning ... Have The Best of Times Ahead! 8) :) :D :P

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Pure Life : Traveling Through Costa Rica

by HH » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:33 pm

Pure Life : Traveling Through Costa Rica :P

Pure Life : Traveling Through Costa Rica ~ by Dawnelle Salant
* “Pura Vida”. In Spanish it means “Pure Life” and is a phrase you’ll hear and see, everywhere in Costa Rica. The locals live this expression to the fullest and their love for life is evident on their smiling faces and in their kind actions to strangers. Some of the happiest people I have ever encountered were Costa Ricans. And why wouldn’t they be constantly cheerful? – You would be too if you could call one of the world’s most beautiful and exotic countries home.
#
Monteverde Cloud Forest

##
Volcano Arenal
-----------
Visit: http://www.escapeartist.com/efam/54/Cos ... ravel.html

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Visual Poetry

by HH » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:00 am

Visual Poetry :P

Visual Poetry

Poetry is supposed to project images in your mind. VisualPoetry translates any text into a series of images by looking up the words on Google image search and projecting the most relevant results as a slide show.

You can use it to view your favourite poem as a series of images from the Internet to amuse yourself or you let other people guess which sentence or poem is displayed. Or you can just marvel at the weird pictures streaming from the Internet to your computer.

You can either use the form given to directly try the program. You will then get the pictures/words in a list of boxes. This works fastest, but is visually not as nice as the stand alone program. You can download the program including the source

The program was written in Delphi using a httpget component I found somewhere. You can find the source of the thing below, as well as the executable. All downloaded images are dumped into the current directory, no clean up for now.

Have fun with it.
-----------
Visit: http://douweosinga.com/projects/visualpoetry

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Special Life ...

by HH » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:07 am

Special Life

No one is more surprised than I am that I have started to write poetry. I'm sure I have never really liked it and yet... I have found that it provides a way to express my feelings in a special way where each word holds so much meaning. So here is a little bit of my poetry for your enjoyment.... or as it was for me in the past... for you to endure. -- Jim

"Spirit"

Within each one there lies in wait
the Love and beauty God has placed.
And held so deep that some can't see
this Spirit yearns for us to free.

But when it stirs and starts to flow
with open heart and child like faith.
We give this Love, we let it go
and through it's giving feel it grow.

Within our hearts this Spirit dwells
we feel this Love that in us swells
So blessed are those that let it out
and touch the lives of those about.

Here's One From A Friend, Ally
Hidden "Me"
There’s a part of me, yearning to be free...
Living in fear that someone will find
this deep, dark secret that I hide
pain and frustration--a part of my being
surely there has to be more to living.
Why must I keep this hidden
this part of me that’s so forbidden
no one knowing what I’m all about
can’t I let this secret out?

There’s a part of me yearning to be free...
What is “normal” anyway
nothing except what others say
I’m so mad at society
why can’t I just be me?
I’m sick and tired of having to hide
and through it I have realized
to myself and my loved ones, I must be true
there is something that I must do.

I hope they accept, I hope they understand,
what matters is not WHAT, but WHO I am.
It’s time that I help others to see
God doesn’t make mistakes, and He made me.
There’s a part of me, yearning to be free.

~

-----------
Visit: http://users.adelphia.net/~jimswanson/poetry.html

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Life Is A Long Song

by HH » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:16 am

Life Is A Long Song

Life Is A Long Song

When you're falling awake and you take stock of the new day,
and you hear your voice croak as you choke on what you need to say,
well, don't you fret, don't you fear,
I will give you good cheer.

Life's a long song.
Life's a long song.
Life's a long song.

If you wait then your plate I will fill.

As the verses unfold and your soul suffers the long day,
and the twelve o'clock gloom spins the room,
you struggle on your way.
Well, don't you sigh, don't you cry,
lick the dust from your eye.

Life's a long song.
Life's a long song.
Life's a long song.

We will meet in the sweet light of dawn.

As the Baker Street train spills your pain all over your new dress,
and the symphony sounds underground put you under duress,
well don't you squeal as the heel grinds you under the wheel.

Life's a long song.
Life's a long song.
Life's a long song.

But the tune ends too soon for us all.

-----------
Visit: http://remus.rutgers.edu/JethroTull/Alb ... yrics.html

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

One Sunny Day

by HH » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:47 pm

One Sunny Day

One Sunny Day

Kim Guilbeau
One sunny day, Karen woke to the sounds of a red robin serenading her at her window. She opened her eyes, blinked until she adjusted to the light, and after a few moments the realization hit her. The world was clear.
She sat straight up in bed. Her head was clear. Her thoughts were clear. The depression, which sat on her soul for the past year, had finally, mysteriously lifted. She didn’t know how, and she didn’t care how. All that she cared about was that it was gone.

-----------
Visit: http://wind.xephyrus.com/fal99/

-----------

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

PreviousNext      

Return to Creativity, Inc.