Sunday, 28 April 2024 »  Login
in

Perfectspeak

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Perfectspeak

by Habitual Perfectionist » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:17 am

Its gonna be back soon....probably in a day or two.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Re: Perfectspeak

by black wizard » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:31 am

Habitual Perfectionist wrote:Its gonna be back soon....probably in a day or two.

coolcool
I ran into my ex-girlfriend the other day... I backed up and ran into her again... I miss her sometimes...
black wizard
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by akhilis2cool » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:10 pm

waiting saar. :D
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:37 am

suspense is killing me :D
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by azazel » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:37 pm

sabr ka phal meetha hota hai katey.. i hope HP has somethin sweet in store :P
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Scorpion's Sting » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:33 pm

Waiting for Edition 5 :D
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
Scorpion's Sting
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by black wizard » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:33 pm

how long do we have to wait :?: :x
I ran into my ex-girlfriend the other day... I backed up and ran into her again... I miss her sometimes...
black wizard
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Habitual Perfectionist » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:41 pm

Just one more day.

I wish the hypocrite named Ayaz Memon browsed the DB. I have somethign really sweet in store for him.
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

the Comeback

by Habitual Perfectionist » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:27 am

It looks like life has come a full circle. Those were days when I used to be a perenially bored creature, devoid of ambition and imagination, moving around listlessly in the maze that is our beloved Planet. A situation many people go through. I saw my father go through the same after retirement. I saw friends going through it while encountering a mid-career crisis. I myself went through it on numerous occasions; facing it in different ways. But this time was different. On the face of it, I wasn't in a position which could have led me into those depths of moderation. I had a decent job, a small and happy family, no big troubles to contend with. But under the seemingly calm periphery of life, there was a discontent brewing. Boredom was setting in and the perfectionist in me was tossing and twisting to escape its clutches.

Perfectspeak came as a manna from heaven. It started off as one of the thousands of posts that get etched into the discussion board where I sneak in every now and then. When I posted my first volume of perfectspeak, I didn't expect a heavy response to it. And I was proved right. There wasn't any save a few compulsive posters who, thankfully enough, kept the thread clean from the muck of the discussion board world - SPAM. But I had found my secret potion. Perfectspeak was the right platform for me as it gave me variety, which is my spice in life. I knew for sure that it would become popular some day, which it did. Response started pouring in, and the best part was that Perfectspeak threads were enver spammed - something I owe to the most mature discussion board in vogue today (though we do act like bullies at times but the best can afford to do that, can't they?).

but as they say, life is full of surprises. Suddenly, the peaceful bandwagon that my life ran into rough weather. A painful, though profitable transformation at my workplace landed me in an entirely new work environment. but the boredom hung on. Till when, though? Very soon, I was in a new process - something that was keeping this Devil busy. And Perfectspeak trickled off into memories. That's when I realised how important it was for me. How much I had come to depend on it. But lo and behold - I couldn't write the pieces anymore. Like a painter who cannot get his brush to breathe life into his works, here I was, a mere typist, who could write only insurance quotes.

I looked everywhere for that one spark that would get me into groove again. And somehow, it kept evading me for a full 2 months. I scanned everything in my radar but just couldn't get it right. And I suddenly started fearing the death of Perfectspeak. They say that when the masters are pushed to the wall, they come up with your best. And I was no different. Just when I had almost resigned to the untimely and painful death of my most prized creation, I managed to find the inspiration that was missing all along.

Along came one Mr.Ayaz Memon...he of the Grand old lady of Boribunder...he of the much maligned Extraa Innings. Mr.Memon gave me the perfect inspiration for the comeback of Perfectspeak. And I thank him for it.

So here you are...and I bet you must be quite anxious about what to expect next. Well...the wait won't be that long. In a few hours from now, Perfectspeak will be back in its new avatar. And it will be back to stay.
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:01 pm

that ^^^ was a sorta mini-perfectpost...:D
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Habitual Perfectionist » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:28 am

This is what I've decided. Perfectspeak, the column would be appearing on the boards as well as my blog simultaneously. The difference would be that the blog would also have some other random thoughts penned in here and there. I won't be posting those thoughts here.
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by azazel » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:09 pm

not fair :( we also want 'em random thots here..
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Return to Creativity, Inc.