Saturday, 27 April 2024 »  Login
in

Calling for resume revisal horror(s)tories...!

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Calling for resume revisal horror(s)tories...!

by Resume revisal blues... » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:12 am

My wife Aparna and I usually revise our resumes jointly.
Excellent in planning that we are, we begin well ahead of time with planning discussions like this:

Aparna: We really should start doing our resumes this Saturday.
Me: You're absolutely right. I'll start formatting and revising our resumes this week.

In coming six weeks we've made impressive progress:

Aparna: We really should start doing our resumes this Saturday.
Me: You're absolutely right. I'll start formatting and revising our resumes this week.

Our resume revisal culminates promptly on the day before the deadline, when I boot up the computer, load Winword, and do whatever it is one does with resumes. While I man the keyboard, Aparna's official role is to hover behind me, feed me suggestions, and say encouraging things like "Why the heck did you do that?" "Even sloths can do it faster than you. Born loser!"

This year, however, Aparna is too busy for such resume togetherness. So much to my chagrin, I'm forced to do it solo.

To her credit, Aparna tried to bolster my confidence when she begged out of resume duo duty:

Aparna: If you can write for city portals, you should be able to do resumes without my help.
Me: But I don't write informative, high-tech resumes. I write reviews.
Aparna: That's debatable.

She tosses me several tons of her previous and current project related material which apparently were written in Quenya (LOTR anybody?!).

"Maybe Super-Resume.com's Web site is in English," I muttered to my blank computer screen. So I surfed over to http://www.super-resume.com, clicked on Resume Help, and spotted this heartening headline:

Flustered? Horrified? Perplexed about preparing your resume? We have good news. Not for you, but for our Marketing Department. The IT market has outdone itself this year. The new jargon, expectations, and resume-format regulations are so complicated, we expect to quadruple sales!

I was this close to a resume panic attack. Then I remembered - Aparna and I only need to "revise" a resume, not make one!

So I moved on to Winword, which cheerfully underlined all the changes I made in "Red" - as being inexplicable. Within seconds I was mired in a dissertation on Software Life Cycles, Tools, Operating Systems, Personal Strengths.. blah blah blah. Mercifully, I fell asleep at the keyboard. But my slumber didn't last; I accidentally hit the speaker volume control and was awakened by a blaring Internet Radio ad:

Doing your resumes can be as easy as eating pie.
But only with Super-Resume's resume builder.
Otherwise you'll die.

I'd tell you more about my resume revisal misadventures, but I'm very pressed for time.

Revised,
Musafir_Hyderabadi.
Resume revisal blues...

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:57 pm

why dont u put it in the fullhyd blogs? i dont think anyone wud read such long essays
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

:(((((

by Musafir Hyderabadi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:55 pm

Man, I should say that this is pretty sad...! :(
Musafir Hyderabadi

Re: :(((((

by The Jackal » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:03 pm

Musafir Hyderabadi wrote:Man, I should say that this is pretty sad...! :(
because..... :?
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: :(((((

by Musafir Hyderabadi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:05 pm

The Jackal wrote:
Musafir Hyderabadi wrote:Man, I should say that this is pretty sad...! :(
because..... :?

Looking at the kind of response my topic evoked... I thought no one would even bother to ask "because"...! :wink: So... ...
Musafir Hyderabadi

by asli badmash » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:36 pm

Too long.. :(
asli badmash
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by Portuguese Man-Of-War » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:23 pm

I like your avatar, Musafir_Hyderabadi. I know a person who looks like that. She's very rich, which is the only reason I put up with her.
Portuguese Man-Of-War

by Jaan » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:23 pm

Portuguese Man-Of-War wrote:I like your avatar, Musafir_Hyderabadi. I know a person who looks like that. She's very rich, which is the only reason I put up with her.

ROTFL!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaan
Have you seen Neville's toad, Trevor?
Jaan
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by The Jackal » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:36 pm

Portuguese Man-Of-War wrote:I like your avatar, Musafir_Hyderabadi. I know a person who looks like that. She's very rich, which is the only reason I put up with her.
Your friend looks like gandalf? :? :? :?
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by ycr007 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:42 pm

The Jackal wrote:

Maybe its Rajmata Gayatri Devi :?:
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by The Jackal » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:51 pm

ycr007 wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

And who is this person. :?
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by ycr007 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:54 pm

The Jackal wrote:
ycr007 wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

And who is this person. :?

http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/users/sawweb/sawnet/people/gayatri_devi.html
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by Musafir Hyderabadi » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:33 pm

The avatar is of my favorite character from the "Lord of the Rings": Gandalf the grey pilgrim.

I will take that as a compliment to myself :D. Thank you.

Gandalf the grey pilgrim:

-----------------------------

Dates: Immortal. In Middle-earth c. III 1000 to 29 September III 3021

Race: Ainur

Division: Maiar of Manwë and Varda

Order: Istari (Wizards)

Other Names: Incánus, Mithrandir, Olórin, Tharkûn

Titles: The Grey, Grey Pilgrim, Grey Wanderer, Stormcrow, The White

Meaning: 'Wand Elf' (but note that this name was given mistakenly by Men; Gandalf is a Maia, not an Elf)

Pronunciation: ga'ndalf

(A note in Appendix E of The Lord of the Rings that final 'f' should be pronounced 'v' leads some to mispronounce this name 'gandalv'. 'Gandalf' is not an Elvish name, however, and this rule does not apply)
Musafir Hyderabadi

by The Jackal » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:25 am

So I am assuming you read LOTR... :? Or did you take all that from TheOneRing? :D
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Duh

by Musafir Hyderabadi » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:05 am

The Jackal wrote:So I am assuming you read LOTR... :? Or did you take all that from TheOneRing? :D

I did and three times :D

Hope that confirms your "assumptions" :wink:
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
Musafir Hyderabadi

by Musafir Hyderabadi » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:17 am

I thought I would write my heart out about how much I adore the LOTR :D

But bearing in mind our weaker brethen, who have a lesser threshold for post sizes, I withdrew the idea. ;)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
Musafir Hyderabadi

by ycr007 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:23 am

Musafir Hyderabadi wrote:I thought I would write my heart out about how much I adore the LOTR :D
But bearing in mind our weaker brethen, who have a lesser threshold for post sizes, I withdrew the idea. ;)

If I may suggest so,it would be better if you start a Blog and post the link to that blog here so that interested readers may visit the url and Read through.
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by The Jackal » Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:26 am

ycr007 wrote:
Musafir Hyderabadi wrote:I thought I would write my heart out about how much I adore the LOTR :D

If I may suggest so,it would be better if you start a Blog and post the link to that blog here so that interested readers may visit the url and Read through.
Yup I will second that. :D
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Musafir Hyderabadi » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:00 pm

The Jackal wrote:
ycr007 wrote:

Yup I will second that. :D

I will third that. :wink:

http://hobbespot.fullhydblogs.com/#4039

Bellcome to my chpot.
Musafir Hyderabadi

by Musafir Hyderabadi » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:15 pm

Musafir Hyderabadi wrote:I will third that. :wink:

http://hobbespot.fullhydblogs.com/#4039

Bellcome to my chpot.

I've changed my mind :arrow: http://musafirmusings.fullhydblogs.com
Musafir Hyderabadi

Return to Creativity, Inc.