Sunday, 28 April 2024 »  Login
in

Double Life?!

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Double Life?!

by HH » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:00 am

Double Life?!

The Double Life

How very simple life would be
If only there were two of me
A Restless Me to drift and roam
A Quiet Me to stay at home.
A Searching One to find his fill
Of varied skies and newfound thrill
While sane and homely things are done
By the domestic Other One.

And that's just where the trouble lies;
There is a Restless Me that cries
For chancy risks and changing scene,
For arctic blue and tropic green,
For deserts with their mystic spell,
For lusty fun and raising Hell

But shackled to that Restless Me
My Other Self rebelliously
Resists the frantic urge to move.
It seeks the old familiar groove
That habits make. It finds content

With hearth and home dear prisonment,
With candlelight and well loved books
And treasured loot in dusty nooks,
With puttering and garden things
And dreaming while a cricket sings
And all the while the Restless One
Insists on more exciting fun
It wants to go with every tide,
No matter where… just for the ride.
Like yowling cats the two selves brawl
Until I have no peace at all.

One eye turns to the forward track,
The other eye looks sadly back,
I'm getting wall-eyed from the strain,
(It's tough to have an idle brain)
But One says "Stay" and One says "Go"
And One says "Yes," and One says "no,"
And One Self wants a home and wife
And One Self craves the drifter's life.

The Restless Fellow always wins
I wish my folks had made me twins.

- Don Blanding

How About FH Members' Double / Triple / Multiple Life Considering Their Multi-Talent / Multi-Task Capacity!

------------

Visit: http://home.att.net/~e.zeiser/poetry/double_life.htm

------------

Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Sharjeel » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:38 am

And treasured loot in dusty nooks...
Thats me!

My introverted self holds more sway over me. In this mood, me will generally be just observing and listening to the regular 'attention-grabbers', more into the hidden conversation of silence and eye/body language. This is the Sharjeel that most people know; silent, content, but cheerful.

But ever so often, I cast away my veil of silence and self-restraint, metamorphosing into a very talkative, a very fun loving and mischevious person. All my friends are generally very pleasantly surprised by this behaviour of mine.

My behaviour is a bit like what Alexis described sometime back (about her impulsive behaviour).
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

"Double Life" / "Double Roles" ...

by HH » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:11 pm

Sharjeel wrote: ... My introverted self holds more sway over me. In this mood, me will generally be just observing and listening to the regular 'attention-grabbers', more into the hidden conversation of silence and eye/body language. This is the Sharjeel that most people know; silent, content, but cheerful.

But ever so often, I cast away my veil of silence and self-restraint, metamorphosing into a very talkative, a very fun loving and mischevious person. All my friends are generally very pleasantly surprised by this behaviour of mine ...

Thank You, "Sharjeel"! For Your Spontaneous Response ...

"Double Life" Examples: "Restless Inside" / "Restful Outside", "Cat At Home" / "Lion Outside" (OR Vice Versa ... :wink: :roll: ) ... "Wise" / "Other Wise" ... Our "Distinguished" / "Extinguished" Leaders ... Classical "Dr Jekyll" / "Mr Hyde"!

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Sharjeel » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:22 pm

Thank You HH sir!

This was such a nice topic, i cudnt help myself. Going by your examples, I would describe myself as:

1. Wise inside - Stupid outside (a bit like mm2).

2. Silent and Serne inside - Loud and hopeless clown outside.

3. Lamb at Home (and in front of my elders) - Lion outside (and with my friends).
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by ~akidna~ » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:31 pm

that was a really nice poem HH....it truely describes one of my deepest desires..that there be 2 of me.....so i wont have to fight with myself in my head all the time ... :lol:

i think everyone will identify themselves with it :) :)
~akidna~
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by ~akidna~ » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:31 pm

that was a really nice poem HH....it truely describes one of my deepest desires..that there be 2 of me.....so i wont have to fight with myself in my head all the time ... :lol:

i think everyone will identify themselves with it :) :)
~akidna~
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by ~akidna~ » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:32 pm

Sharjeel wrote:

And treasured loot in dusty nooks...
Thats me!

My introverted self holds more sway over me. In this mood, me will generally be just observing and listening to the regular 'attention-grabbers', more into the hidden conversation of silence and eye/body language. This is the Sharjeel that most people know; silent, content, but cheerful.

But ever so often, I cast away my veil of silence and self-restraint, metamorphosing into a very talkative, a very fun loving and mischevious person. All my friends are generally very pleasantly surprised by this behaviour of mine.(only very close friends have ever seen this side of me...)

^^THATS ME 2...

(freaky)
~akidna~
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Scorpion's Sting » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:53 pm

HH saar wrote:There is a Restless Me that cries

Thats me..i really wud like to travel the world discovering new things, visiting new places. forget abt the quiet guy who stays at home coz tht doesnt exist with me :D

*starts winamp - Musafir Hoon Yaaron*
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
Scorpion's Sting
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: "Double Life" / "Double Roles" ...

by HH » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:27 pm

Thank You, "Scorpion's Sting", "~akidna~" and "Sharjeel"! For Showing You, Too, Are SPECIAL Through Your Appreciation of the Poem "Double Life" and Your Identification With Some of Its Thoughts & Facets ...

How About Our Observations of Our Fellow FH Members ... as Reflected and Revealed By Their Responses in the Various Discussion Boards ... Of Course, They Are Welcome To Do So On Their Own!

-----------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by HH » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:39 pm

HH wrote:... How About Our Observations ***of Our Fellow FH Members ... as Reflected and Revealed By Their Responses in the Various Discussion Boards ... Of Course, They Are Welcome To Do So On Their Own!

*** An Outsider's Story of An Insider's Life :wink: :P :!: :idea:

-----------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by HH » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:40 pm

HH wrote:... How About Our Observations ***of Our Fellow FH Members ... as Reflected and Revealed By Their Responses in the Various Discussion Boards ... Of Course, They Are Welcome To Do So On Their Own!

*** An Outsider's Story of An Insider's Life :wink: :P :!: :idea:

-----------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Alexis » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:20 pm

Thanks for the poem, HH-sir!

"How very simple life would be
If only there were two of me
A Restless Me to drift and roam
A Quiet Me to stay at home.
A Searching One to find his fill
Of varied skies and newfound thrill
While sane and homely things are done
By the domestic Other One
".

"I wish my folks had made me twins". I wish that too.
Whenever you can't sleep
May you be treated to a song
And heaven cracks
A song falls softly from the light of heaven.
Alexis
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Sharjeel » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:46 pm

Welcome to the club ~ekidna~!

Let me start with my take on A2C's online persona:

Very cheerful, helpful and a team player. Dunno why, but me always gets the impression that he be a shy one from his messages and stuff.

That was a very bad desc. Will add to it later...
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by CtrlAltDel » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:47 pm

on the inside i am actually a shy and tongue tied person with a dirty wit, but over time i have learnt to suppress that and become a motor-mouth with a dirtier wit...:D

but the side of my persona my friends and the world sees is totally different to the persona my relatives (elders) see...many of them still think i am a silent studious type (i was like that once upon a time long long ago...!)
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Personalities ...

by HH » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:03 am

CtrlAltDel wrote:on the inside i am actually a shy and tongue tied person with a dirty wit, but over time i have learnt to suppress that and become a motor-mouth with a dirtier wit...:D

but the side of my persona my friends and the world sees is totally different to the persona my relatives (elders) see...many of them still think i am a silent studious type (i was like that once upon a time long long ago...!)

The Split Mind and the Two Selves
Enlightenment is a realization, not an accomplishment. In our unenlightened state, we seem to be looking at or experiencing something that is not whole. This we experience within ourselves and outside us in the world. Our search for enlightenment stretches before us as a pathway that will lead us to wholeness or truth. However, our distorted view of truth keeps us chained to this questing pathway.

# As an analogy, imagine you are holding two halves of an apple. The halves come from different apples. In your mind the two halves of different apples cannot be halves of the same apple. Yet, in reality, the two halves do form one entire apple. The problem lies in differentiating between apples. Because they are halves of different apples they cannot be the same apple. But apple is apple; and two half apples constitute a whole apple. Imagine you are the apple. Within yourself there is a split that seems to resulting two halves. One is your self, the other is not your self, or your ego self. This split extends out from you to the world you see. You are half or part of something and the world you see is half or part of something different.
The pathway to enlightenment is a process of relinquishing the thoughts you hold that keep these parts separate and different. Like the two halves of the apples, they are seen as not the same apple, not the same self, not the same world or experience.

# For example, peace and war are two ideas. The experiential value of one or another of them lies in how it makes us feel. This is how we judge them. But within the totality of mind, any divisiveness, judgement or conditionality obscures the absoluteness of that totality.
This is why forgiveness and unconditional non-judgement is the way to peace. And peace is where there are no warring divisions or factions within the mind. This is what we seek, peace of mind.
When you literally bring your mind together, just like the two halves of apples, to form one whole, in which the idea of separate selves and separate worlds or experiences is seen as illusory, you haven’t actually accomplished anything. You simply see that you are whole and the same as everything else that pertains to that wholeness. You and apple are the same. Differentiation disappears as your mind assimilates and reintegrates what was whole all the time.
There is only one thing happening here. A repetitive division of wholeness that stretches interminably before the one who refuses to move out of the gap resulting from this division. The one who refuses to bridge the gap and admit the wholeness.

A Course in Miracles™, this exquisite expression of our own Infinite Self, is the light that shines the gap away and illuminates our wholeness. It does nothing but this, so, of necessity, it repeats and repeats itself. The Course facilitates the realization that is enlightenment. It is not just something we do to gain something we lack, but rather our admission and correction of our own distortion. The split mind and the two selves disappear into one. Like the two halves of apple, the “you” and “I” of our experience are then known to be one.

---------

Visit: http://images.google.co.in/imgres?imgur ... D%26sa%3DG

---------

ImageImage
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Return to Creativity, Inc.