Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Every Begining Has An End

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by patient pingu » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:25 pm

Sensei HP wrote:
student fp wrote:do you mean that
1.all we are is a piece of soul? meaning that everything is basically soul ..

or

2. whatever is worth saying we are , is soul. as in whatever
gives us identity ;and makes us different from , say , a dead thing or a non-existent thing .... ( :) )
or

3. neither of the above and something very different

or

4. all of the above
hell , why not

Your second option is the closest to the Adwaita theory. Will elaborate soon. And I'm really sorry for this late reply.

still waiting gurujee ... :)
The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it."
patient pingu

Jiva Atma ... Param Atma ... The Master Of The TIME ...

by HH » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:21 pm

patient pingu wrote:...
still waiting***** gurujee ^^^^^... :)

Jiva Atma ("You" ... Part Of WHOLE ... :? ) ... Param Atma ("WHOLE" Of You ... ) ... :roll: - ***** For Life ... May Be Another ... :) ... ^^^^^ May Be In Search Of The GURU ... The Master Of The TIME ... eh eh eh :D
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Apologetic HP » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:55 pm

patient pingu wrote:still waiting gurujee ... :)

I'm so sorry. I was thinking all the while that I had posted what I'd promised. I'll surely do this tomorrow. Right now, I'm out of time.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Apologetic HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Sensei HP » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:51 pm

student fp wrote:do you mean that
1.all we are is a piece of soul? meaning that everything is basically soul ..

or

2. whatever is worth saying we are , is soul. as in whatever
gives us identity ;and makes us different from , say , a dead thing or a non-existent thing .... ( Smile )
or

3. neither of the above and something very different

or

4. all of the above

I'll quote a couple of shlokas from the Gita to highlight your second option.

na tva evaham jatu nasam
na tvam neme janadhipaha
na chaiva na bhavishyamaha
sarve vayam ataha param

There was never a time when I didn't exist. Neither was there a time when you or any of these kings didn't exist. And there will never be a time when either of us won't exist.

This means that the soul is eternal and it just takes different forms from time to time.

vashamsi jirnani yatha vihaya
navani grahanati naro parani
tatha sharirani vihaya jirnany
anyani samyati navani dehi

Just like one gives up old clothes and gets into new ones, similarly, the soul also gives up one form (body) and takes up another.

Our body is being compared to clothes here. This shows that the body is insignificant and the soul is what matters.

nasato vidyate bhavo
nabhavo vidyate sataha
ubhayora api drishtontasa
tva anayosa tattva-darshibhihi

The seers of truth have concluded through careful studies that there is no endurance of the non-existant (our body) and there is no change in the existence of the eternal (the soul).

I hope the elaboration was enough to answer your query FP. :)
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Sensei HP
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by CtrlAltDel » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:08 pm

good explanations pundit HP!!!! :)
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by student pingu » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:07 am

Sensei HP wrote:I hope the elaboration was enough to answer your query FP. :)

well , it'l do for the time being ... ;)
The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it."
student pingu

The SEARCH Should Go On ...The Desire To Know Will Drive You

by HH » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:51 pm

student pingu wrote:
Sensei HP wrote:.... :)

well , it'l do for the time***** being ... ;)

Well Said, "HP" Sir & "sp"!! ... Go Through ... ***** Pause, Comma ... Semi-Colon ... Colon ... Till ... Full Stop ... Till You Meet "The Master Of The Time" ... For Better Understanding & Greater Realisation ... The SEARCH Should Go On ... The Desire To Know Will Drive You On, On & ON!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

No end

by VJ » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:23 pm

Every Beginning has an End, But there is no End to a Beginning :wink:

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

That's Life!

by HH » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:21 pm

Once Begun ... It Goes ... on, On & ON! >>>>> That's Life!

:!:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: That's Life!

by VJ » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:44 pm

HH wrote:Once Begun ... It Goes ... on, On & ON! >>>>> That's Life!

:!:
That's Y I said "There is always an end to a beginning, but there is no end to beginnings". Beginnings r always there. They r immortal. :) It's confusing isn't it.......... :lol:

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

by Bubbles » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:20 pm

Sensei HP wrote:... There was never a time when I didn't exist. Neither was there a time when you or any of these kings didn't exist. And there will never be a time when either of us won't exist.
This means that the soul is eternal and it just takes different forms from time to time.
Just like one gives up old clothes and gets into new ones, similarly, the soul also gives up one form (body) and takes up another.
Our body is being compared to clothes here. This shows that the body is insignificant and the soul is what matters.
The seers of truth have concluded through careful studies that there is no endurance of the non-existant (our body) and there is no change in the existence of the eternal (the soul).

These are profound thoughts. How do we relate these thoughts to our everyday lives ! I remember having read in Swami Vivekananda's writings that the spiritual consciousness of a person depends on how evolved he is. A rare few amongst us can perceive spirituality and are eligible for Moksha. Others are not even on the same level to think of life in those terms. I had believed that at that time. But, if anything, it just made me self-centred, which I realized at a later point in life. It sets you upon thinking of your soul, your enlightenment, your moksha, your self.. While I'm all for self-improvement and an aim to become a better person each day, such abstract spiritual concepts as 'soul' , 'moksha', 'eternity' do not help me in this.. and moreover while I'm set about self-improvement I do not forget my friends, family, relationships and numerous other 'concrete' parts of my existence. Could anyone throw a light on how we can practise spirituality without compromising on any of these ?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Bubbles

by Portuguese Man-Of-War » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:53 am

Bubbles wrote:
Sensei HP wrote:... There was never a time when I didn't exist. Neither was there a time when you or any of these kings didn't exist. And there will never be a time when either of us won't exist.

These are profound thoughts. How do we relate these thoughts to our everyday lives ! I remember having read in Swami Vivekananda's writings that the spiritual consciousness of a person depends on how evolved he is. A rare few amongst us can perceive spirituality and are eligible for Moksha. Others are not even on the same level to think of life in those terms. I had believed that at that time. But, if anything, it just made me self-centred, which I realized at a later point in life. It sets you upon thinking of your soul, your enlightenment, your moksha, your self.. While I'm all for self-improvement and an aim to become a better person each day, such abstract spiritual concepts as 'soul' , 'moksha', 'eternity' do not help me in this.. and moreover while I'm set about self-improvement I do not forget my friends, family, relationships and numerous other 'concrete' parts of my existence. Could anyone throw a light on how we can practise spirituality without compromising on any of these ?

<my 2 cents>

Spirituality is about finding eternal happiness (through slowly attaining detachment).

Now if you believe in soul and hence in karma, then you will know that any happiness comes because you have earned it through deeds done in the past.

Eternal happiness (i. e. spiritual evolution) is the greatest gift of all - so to get it, you have to have done deeds in that league.

So your mind will not enter the spiritual path just because you try to get it there (e. g. by reading religious texts or meditating), just as you will not become rich simply because you work very hard. You should have the karma to deserve that.

I have seen people who haven't put much effort in praying, actually see/experience God, and I have seen people who pray all their lives, never experience anything. It strengthens my belief in the above.

I do not think we should forcibly try to become spiritually evolved.

We should try instead to be good human beings. We should help others, going out of our way to an extent where it means compromises in our own lives.

And pray for a little while every day. Just to the extent that it keeps you interested, or at least doesn't seem like an effort.

I think we should live life logically. At every step, ask ourselves what is the logical thing to do now based on our own understanding and experience of the world in our lifetime, instead of thinking about religion and God. Enjoy what life is giving you, be selfish as along as that doesn't harm anyone unfairly.

If spirituality does not make sense to you, do not try it. If you have the karma for it, it will come to you anyway :D. We should just be good, and we should not be bad - that much is logical, even if you do not believe in the karma theory since you have not seen it in your lifetime.

</my 2 cents>
Portuguese Man-Of-War

hi

by Mungalla Rama Krishna » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:04 pm

like life- its gods creation
Mungalla Rama Krishna
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Previous                

Return to Creativity, Inc.