Thursday, 2 May 2024 »  Login
in

Customised Merchandise

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Customised Merchandise

by ycr007 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:08 pm

Hi,

We are this bunch of around 40 n00bs at the Office and are on the Lookout for some stuff that would be Customized with Each one's name (but the 'Object' would be the same ) and we'd be flaunting it at the Workplace. Basically its a sorta exercise to showcase our Unity & Solidarity!

And I've been made incharge of this thingummyjig! Some of the ideas that moi not-so-fertile mind could think of were:

:arrow: A Porcelain Mug with the Name Stuck/engraved on it

:arrow: A Pen Stand with the Name embossed/engraved on it

:arrow: PC Monitor covers with the name emblazoned on it

:arrow: Mini-Parchment like hanging with da name & designation

:arrow: A Mini Bean bag with a cuddly toy on top of it

:arrow: Mini Globe with a name-bearing-flag sticking out

I am on the lookout for yet more funky & whacky ideas but they should truly encompass the attitude that we n00bs are popular for...and yes it should be professional,well, in a sense :mrgreen:

There a lot of creative minds out here who dabble in designing, multimedia & whatnot, so I thot it better to ask for suggestions here.

If yo ppl find it off-topic & feel that it does'nt merit a place here, no issues.

Jus' remember that the 'Object' in question should not be too big or too eloquent and ideally should cost less that 200 bucks per piece! All ideas and tips to Fructify those ideas are welcome....

I've scoured some Fancy shops in & around Punjagutta & Begumpet but all are either too costly or too tacky :? I was told to scour Ramgopalpet sumthing or Gowliguda chaman for such stuff but I've no Idea where those places are :shock:

The best suggestion seemed to go for Customized Porcelain mugs with Names on them but I dunno where I can get them painted. Any ideas on that front?

And regarding the parchment thing, it should be something like this:

But made of cloth and the bottom should be left Frilly & in a Tapering shape

Do ya get moi drift :wink:

Any Ideas would be welcome. Successful ideas will get one such 'Merchandise' in your name from me as a Diwali Gift :twisted:
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by OsmaniaBiskit » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:40 am

How 'bout creating your own 'movie' poster? I think it can be personalized to the minutest aspect (like the katara kawasaki one may ride) :lol: or an 'ACTION' poster with Bruceleesque pose.

And it can get everyones creative juices flowing and a lot more fun than a mug.

Not sure where it can be done. But thought it would be neat and original.
OsmaniaBiskit

by RK » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:59 am

OsmaniaBiskit wrote: or an 'ACTION' poster with Bruceleesque pose.
And it can get everyones creative juices flowing and a lot more fun than a mug.
Not sure where it can be done. But thought it would be neat and original.

Yeah, an action poster(or your group photo or some self made design) with some writing on it which ends like "<your name> I am" or "<your group name> we are" will be original and more visible than a mug or penstand with your name on it. The writing part may be common for the group except for the name part.

You can try the same thing on a T-shirt also which can be wore on a certain day(friday?) everymonth by everyone in the group. The Tshirt will be more visible but getting something printed on a Tshirt will definitely cost more than 200 bucks.(We did the same thing back in college on a Tshirt which costed us around 270 Rs per peice).

A poster can be done in any printing press but I don't know whether printing on a T shirt can be done anywhere in HYD.

Cheers :)
RK

by ycr007 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:45 pm

well, We already have tees & mousepads & other such stuff that bear the company's logo...

But we were thinking of having identical 'memorabilia' so as to say with a select few people,with their names emblazoned on them.

and since they'd be kept on one's desks, they should not be too large ( A poster, hence, would definitely not be it!)

Anyone knows where the Filmi types get the sheilds that they distribute for the silver jubilees functions etc to all the cast members? Mebbe we can get something on those lines which would look pretty on one's desks!
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by OsmaniaBiskit » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:39 pm

Thought you wanted something different - trophies - come on dude.

Anyways -you can order those at any major sports shops on MG Road in Sec'bad or S.A sports (good collection) in Abids (road towards Kothi).
OsmaniaBiskit

by OsmaniaBiskit » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:43 pm

There are lots of printers who do this stuff now, print posters, T-shirts etc., Screen printers do this too. Check the yellow pages. There is one in Basheerbagh beside the restaurant (opposite LIC building).
OsmaniaBiskit

by Vishrasayan » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:12 pm

do check out online shops like ebay and fabmall - you may get quite a few ideas and sources too
Dil pe mat le yaar....
http://vishrasayan.blogspot.com/
Vishrasayan

by Vishrasayan » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:29 pm

Like Osmania Biskit says yellow pages are a good idea - search under the section "Gifts and whatever"

However from experience I can tell you that 40 is not a very interesting number for most of these guys, they need an order for at least 100 pieces of any thing

Hey… check out Walden’s too – they used to offer customized mugs/ Ts etc – My vote goes for Mug – Nothin even remotely compares with the sheer attitude of a customized mug - but please stay away from 'mug shots' on Mugs - it is so very Bachha…

hmm... YOU suggested this to the grp right yc?---- classic case of tune kaha…phir tu hi mar.....happens with all ethu' types...
Dil pe mat le yaar....
http://vishrasayan.blogspot.com/
Vishrasayan

by ycr007 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:28 pm

Hmm....haven't tried fabmall or ebay...will do so! Thanks....

And I'v been hearing suggestions from various quarters that stuff like this would be available at Koti,Abids,Troop Bazar,Bashherbagh,Gowliguda Chaman :? :? Now except the first two, I dunno where are the rest...so seems that saturday would be devoted in roaming these areas :shock:

And Vish, Yes...it was my 'seemingly-bright' Idea and Now i have to fend for fructifying it! So much for Leadership skills :roll:
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by betty » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:46 pm

There is a shop in Prasadz, ground floor which is into cutomized merchandize....but knowing that they have set up shop in Prasadz, it might be expensive....
betty
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by ycr007 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:09 pm

Hmmm I Suppose so.......

Thinking abt Finalizing Mugs....but still keeping options open......

NamePlate sounds too old-fashioned !
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:06 pm

the parchment scroll seems to be a good idea
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by pingu » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:07 pm

this might be a pretty dumb idea ... but whatever

since you guys are techies ... and (presumably) are working on your computers a lot, why not have a theme involving you guys...

by theme , i mean a desktop theme .. like the one KDE and XP gives .. with customised icons and look and stuff ...

you could use people's pictures to define stuff ...

like have the irritating arse in your gang as the recycle bin ...

have your boss as my computer ...

and have like a screensaver with each a pic of each member of the gang ..

and since its a theme , you can somehow have each one the 40 invloved ...

pros:

1. cheap

2. should be script kiddie level of implementation

3. can pass off working on it as WORK

cons:

1. its a crappy idea
pingu

by OsmaniaBiskit » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:50 am

Pingu - not a bad idea - might not work for everyone, but a good one.
OsmaniaBiskit

Return to Creativity, Inc.