Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

V for Vendetta

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

V for Vendetta

by vivek » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:54 am

V for Vendetta : Either you like it, or you simple hate it. The world would soon be divided into 3 catagoroes. PEople who have seen the film,people who have not and people who have chose not to watch it.

A anarchist view of a sole man who is determined to upthrone the present government for reasons explained by 'V' himself in perfect diction. I am not going to give away the story. However heres he copy paste version from rotten tomatos

V For Vendetta tells the story of a young working-class woman named Evey who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a masked man known only as "V." Profoundly complex, V is at once literary, flamboyant, tender and intellectual, a man dedicated to freeing his fellow citizens from those who have terrorized them into compliance

The movie is slick in editing and dialouges are an absolute delight. Sometimes you just want english subtitles for the very english thats being spoken.

This is not a movie for fun, it has got the right dose of philosophy and reality. Some common scenes have been dealt in an awesome way which might come as a pleasant surprise. Hugo Weaving altough not shown is a pleasure to watch.

Watch it. Watch it alone or with someone with a taste of movies that require slightly higher intellect to understand the metaphors used to convey the underlying substance.

Watch it for its dialouges and screenplay.
http://www.wiredbeats.com - Download Attitude for Free!

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Re: V for Vendetta

by pingu » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:28 pm

vivek wrote:V for Vendetta : Either you like it, or you simple hate it. The world would soon be divided into 3 catagoroes. PEople who have seen the film,people who have not and people who have chose not to watch it.

A anarchist view of a sole man who is determined to upthrone the present government for reasons explained by 'V' himself in perfect diction. I am not going to give away the story. However heres he copy paste version from rotten tomatos

V For Vendetta tells the story of a young working-class woman named Evey who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a masked man known only as "V." Profoundly complex, V is at once literary, flamboyant, tender and intellectual, a man dedicated to freeing his fellow citizens from those who have terrorized them into compliance

The movie is slick in editing and dialouges are an absolute delight. Sometimes you just want english subtitles for the very english thats being spoken.

This is not a movie for fun, it has got the right dose of philosophy and reality. Some common scenes have been dealt in an awesome way which might come as a pleasant surprise. Hugo Weaving altough not shown is a pleasure to watch.

Watch it. Watch it alone or with someone with a taste of movies that require slightly higher intellect to understand the metaphors used to convey the underlying substance.

Watch it for its dialouges and screenplay.

havent seen the movie (yet)

but im thinking if you liked the movie so much , then you should deff read the comic as well vivek ... its good stuff.apart from the writing, the art work will blow you away at times ...
The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it."
pingu

by vivek » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:46 pm

Infat i never heard of such character and watched the movie because the screenplay was by wachowskys. Its well paced and narrated.

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Peter Camenzind » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:36 pm

Went to the movie yesterday...

Cudn't able to understand some parts in teh movie and it felt me like the movie is at the higher abstraction level .

And for high intellect the movie may make more(extraordinary) sense..

some of the scenes are really awesome..

In my opinion its a "Must watch" movie
For me..Journey of life is important than just destinations

Pete's world!
Peter Camenzind

by vivek » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:28 am

Peter Camenzind wrote:Went to the movie yesterday...

Cudn't able to understand some parts in teh movie and it felt me like the movie is at the higher abstraction level .

And for high intellect the movie may make more(extraordinary) sense..

some of the scenes are really awesome..

In my opinion its a "Must watch" movie

Ya you cud say its a must watch because its still a story of a mutant wearing a mask beating up the bad guys, but only different. Its not a bloddy movie, but a movie with an awesome treatment of the subject.

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

V for Vendetta

by MrAnderson » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:00 pm

im a BIG fan of the Wachowski brothers. just bowled over by their intricate plots and hints at todays philosophies, politics and nuances in the Matrix trilogy. the way they brought the thoughts of Christianity and Hinduism through the trilogy was awesome.

they are known to make complex, intriguiging plots which require a higher level of sophistication to be understood. Anyone who can say that they have completely, i repeat myself- COMPLETELY, understood the Matrix trilogy deserve a standing ovation.

it is from the stables of such awe inspiring directors that this new movie arrives. gud luck watching it. hope u all are inspired by and marvel at the talent of these amazing guys.
MrAnderson

by Lucifer » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:53 pm

I saw the movie too, and I totally loved it. I loved it from the moment V spoke the entire 'V' centric intellectual balderdash (oh, I mean this as the highest form of compliment) right after he rescues Evey. Absolutely wonderful.

The script of the movie is fantastic, and more than anything else, it makes the movie what it is. The movie's setting, absurdly inane though it may seem, manages to strike a note for it may very well be a world that we are building for ourselves.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by rock_26iin » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:23 pm

SPOILER :

This is the "V-centered" dialogue that V says in the movie :

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

:D :D :D
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by vivek » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:01 pm

Increase your GRE scores by 100 pts. Translation of the the non-balderdash follows.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian (Vaudeville is a style of theater, also known as variety) veteran, cast vicariously (indirectly, as, by, or through a substitute ) as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes (continual or successive changes of circumstances, often for the worse.) of Fate. This visage (The face, countenance or appearance of a person.), no mere veneer (A thin facing of finishing material ) of vanity (Nothingness, emptiness, wastefulness.), is it vestige (A trace, mark, or visible sign left by something) of the vox populi (public opinion), now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude (refers to the extent to which the drama appears to copy the offstage reality) now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous (valiant: having or showing valor) visitation (any disaster or catastrophe) of a by-gone vexation (annoyance: anger produced by some annoying irritation), stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish (beat: come out better in a competition, race, or conflict) these venal(corruptible: capable of being corrupted) and virulent (deadly: extremely poisonous or injurious; producing venom) vermin (an irritating or obnoxious person) van-guarding (the leading units moving at the head of an army) vice (a specific form of evildoing; "vice offends the moral standards of the community") and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious (Eating with greediness, ravenous) violation of volition (the capability of conscious choice and decision and intention;). The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta (a feud in which members of the opposing parties murder each other), held as a votive (an object dedicated or vowed to a deity), not in vain, for the value and veracity (unwillingness to tell lies) of such shall one day vindicate (justify: show to be right by providing justification or proof;) the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily (truly or confidentially;), this vichyssoise (A soup made from potato, leek, stock and cream and served chilled with chopped chives) of verbiage veers (Major General Maximilian Veers was the Imperial General who led the assault on Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back) most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Peter Camenzind » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:51 pm

I think the script(story) for the Movie is slightly different( at some parts) from Alan Moore's graphic novel " V for Vendetta", and i am surprised to know that He worked on it for 7 years (1981-1988).

btw if anybody wants the e-book of the graphic novel, they can PM me.. i can provide the links to download. :wink:
For me..Journey of life is important than just destinations

Pete's world!
Peter Camenzind

by Fun Kay » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:56 pm

One of the lines at the end "ideas are bulletproof" really kicks ass man!!! :lol:

and even though it probably hasn't followed the original story very exactly, this version's got a thing of it's own going on...don't u think? :wink:

and very smartly they've incorporated "avian flu" into the movie :twisted:

:?: makes you wonder doesn't it.......
Fun Kay
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by labelle » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:15 pm

"remember remember the 5th of november" V for Vendetta is an excellent movie and a must watch. it is an absolute delight to watch Natalie Portman delivering an excellent performance. the language and the intonation is fabulous. they have done wonders with the script and dialouges. i am planning to see it again!
how happy is he born and free,
who serveth not anothers will,
whose armour is his honest thought and,
simple truth his utmost skill..........
labelle
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Moviee

by Spazzo » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:34 pm

Saw the Movie,

Need not say the Screenplay was good, bcause, it was provided by the masters - The Wachowski Brothers, Movie was good on the whole, but they should have shown V for once.

Maybe the heroism of the character would go down as he always has a mask in the movie, but why hugo weaving, ofcourse, it was due to him the dialogues were excellent, due to his way of speakin and all....
Spazzo

by Spiff » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:34 pm

Not as spellbound
I dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it !
Chiasma Crossed
Spiff

by Reality » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:35 pm

Spiff wrote:Not as spellbound

Its definetely not spell binding but the way they make you believe that one man can make a difference makes the dialogue " Ideas are bulletproof " even more effective.
"REALITY IS THAT WHICH, WHEN YOU STOP BELIEVING IN IT,DOESN'T GO AWAY."-PHILIP K._.
Reality
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Screenplay!!!

by TankyGirl » Mon May 01, 2006 3:48 pm

Hello to everyone. I am new here, and i got to this forum by surfing the net for the screenplay of the movie, I am actually desperate to get it because i really want to read it, i belive its trully amazing the way the wachowsky brothers got to pull this off (by this i mean the screenplay).

If not, i could use the subtitles in english......well thank you all and i do agree with all of you, V for vendetta is amazing.
TankyGirl

Return to Creativity, Inc.