Tuesday, 19 March 2024 »  Login
in

WANTED DOCUMENTARY CREW

Some of the best local talent on... everything! Check out the city's best writers here, as they take on the shackles!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

WANTED DOCUMENTARY CREW

by ZOOM » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:30 am

Hi
I am a graduate in film-making, specializing in Direction. Though, for earnings, I am working in regular commercial cinema field, my main interest is to make Documentaries about various issues and ignored/forgotten/mis-reported historical facts of our state (and country too ). It is too ambitious , but everything will start small .
I dont have much funds for such projects, I dont think we have any commercial saleability for such documentaries here , as our people do watch tv soaps or mass films for entertainment. I do not want to work in corporate channels or foreign -funded channels, where I cant be my own boss. If a filmmaker loses freedom , he is virtually dead, I believe.
Anyway, what I am looking for here is , ASSOCIATES.
I need people who can accompany me in my projects. I cant pay you money, but I dont expect money from you too.
I will have the camera and sound equipment, you just have to part of team. And we become producers. You can also be the director ,if you evolve and do a concept, I will be your associate then.
To sum it up, I am looking for a good working partner , who is passionate about such works.
Before I finish , I would like to give a few examples of what kind of projects I am planning for (as many think documentary making is a boring stuff ,after watching doordarshan types)
1. the killing of life in cities like hyderabad in the style of famous documenatry koyaaniqatssi (google it n download n see if u dint know)
2. a collective compilated history of all ruined temples and about lost architecture and sculptors unknown to us
3. causes of flourosis
4. road trip across andhra pradesh, covering the remotest poorest tribal places etc etc
There are lot of other concepts involving women&child issues too,which I can tell later. Anyway, I seek partner sothat the work can be more effective as well as lively than being subjected to my personal moods or melancholic despairs or over-excitements . But I will be doing them even if no partner is available, so do join me only if you can be really passionate and committed to this kind of work. PLEASE IGNORE IF IT LOOKS TIMEPASS FOR YOU.
ZOOM

Re: WANTED DOCUMENTARY CREW

by Smilin_ » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:29 pm

hey Zoom,
good to see the passion which you carry for the objective you have set out to achieve,
i may not be so keen but surely know someone who may like to contemplate on getting on to a journey like this,
let me know how does he touchbase with you? any email or other means of communication ?

thanks.
chaou....
Smilin_

by surya.... » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi......i m very much appreciate with ur passion....i m also intrested in documentary film making......how can i contact..9985645565 this is my no
surya....

by wormdancer » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:10 pm

HI, I am a UK (scotland) based documentary maker,I was a social worker for years and then studied BSc in Zoology, which is my passion along with culture. I am currently completing an MA in media and am making some small docs over here in the UK. I would be really interested in talking with you as your ideas sound really good, and I would love to work in India. If you are still looking for people and don't mind that I am (a) from UK and (b) female then I would love to chat with you. I'm not sure if you can pm me or if you have to post here but I will check back.
wormdancer

by zoom » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Sorry people
I did not check any of your messages earlier
I thought I will get a note to my email if someone replies here, but seems settings are not adjusted for that.

I am right now, in the project of doing a feature film. But I will be free by February 2011. and then I will continue with documentary plans
Please reach me at kiddybank@gmail.com, for any kind of associations
Thanks and once again sorry for the late reply
zoom

Return to Creativity, Inc.