Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

What do you think of Sex before marriage??

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Taher Ali » Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:30 am

One of the messages on board has raised concerns over this issue. Please express your sincere views on the topic to help people understand what sex means to Indians, specially women and particulary before marriage. Please give your sincere comments as I believe every Indian would be concerned about it. Please do not mess up the topic with irrelevant and inappropriate responses. Thanks
Taher Ali

by nandu » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:30 am

No way!!!!..Atleast not for this moment..Yeah! At Times i am tempted to think in that way. But the thought that \'what if my going to be gal thinks in the same way\' keeps me abstained,,,
nandu

by maverick » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:30 am

If u are a girl.....in the Indian society and if u go all the way before marriage.......theh God Save You!!!!!! I\'ve heard of a couple of cases and its sickening to hear her reputation being torn to shreds. But then again if u are willing to take such a bold step, u won\'t quite be bothered about your reputation, will u?
maverick

by Guest » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:30 am

and its ok for a guy??? if she does it,she is a slut and if he does it,he is a stud?
well i guess that is indian society...can\'t complain....but will always feel that it is unfair.

by tambourineman » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:30 am

is it really such an important issue......does premarital sex in some way degrade u or ur partner......why are ppl bothered abt who a girl might have slept with 10 yrs before she met u
tambourineman

by Girlfriend » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:30 am

Dear Taher now a days sex before marriage is just like an ice cream
VIRGINITY IS LACK OF OPPORTUNITY
for some poor guys only. not for girls.the more orthodox and strict a family A girl from yhat family will definitely look for a gentle soul by the way of a soft spoken boyfriend.She will have sex thereafter.You know sex not only gives physical pleasure but also DEEP EMOTIONAL BOND WHICH WILL NOT FADE EVEN FOR 100 YEARS.
so society is trying to have more sex and fun.Now a days almost 60% of girls have sex before marriage.
Please dont mind even if your life partner had sex earlier(Pl note my aim is not to hurt you by saying this) Life is changing in Metros and even in villages.Pl try to have sex as long as opportunity arrises.
Girlfriend

by maverick » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:30 am

It is unfair...........that\'s what I\'m trying to say.......Indian women are given a raw deal in this respect...but lets get one thing straight, you pay a price for the choices you make, more so if you are an Indian woman.......
maverick

by nandu » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:30 am

sex is not the only way to have an emotional bond for 100 years...there are many other ways....to have an emotional bond for more than 100 years (to say in your way)...
nandu

by sitalakshmi » Fri Apr 26, 2002 12:30 am

Mr Nandu gave a sweet blow to girlfriend.
But Mr Nandu dont be like this in real life also.
sitalakshmi

by JICAS » Sat Apr 27, 2002 12:30 am

Sex before marriage? Fifty years ago this question would have been deleted from the board. But it seems from other messages that it is very common not only to ask but also experience it. This is one of the many changes due to the influence of Western culture. We now prefer to eat burgers (not samosas), drink colas (not lassi), wear jeans (not dhoti or lungi), etc. etc. But the difference between these things and having sex before marriage is the moral aspect. If sex before marriage is becoming common, it definetly means that we (as society) are getting morally degraded. This will lead to disintegration of social order as is happened in the West. So beaware of the long term effects.
JICAS

Re: What do you think of Sex before marriage??

by mamita » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:08 pm

.I don't get seriously involved with dating someone without having sex with them...I wouldn't consider marrying someone I'd never had sex with. I like sex too much to have that be an after wedding 'surprise'.
mamita

by Sunlounger » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:18 pm

In today's world I think it is inevitable... Plus i want to be sure that I will get pleasure with my partner in sex... So I vote for!
Sunlounger

by imagebo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:34 pm

As we are living in India,which is a country of cultures and traditions,according to our society the sex before the marriage is mistake and wrong.But where as in London,many people are interested in dating and having sex before the marriage.
I would say that sex before marriage is wrong
imagebo

by asd;lfj » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:56 pm

I can't believe it's still a big deal.
asd;lfj

by jonspaker » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:02 am

This question again arise another question.

What do you all think about those couple, who have a kid before their marriage
jonspaker

by Sunlounger » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:48 am

Kids before marriage? I think it depends on the relations you have with your partner....
Sunlounger

by James Johnston » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 am

I think there is nothing bad about sex before marriage as a definition. Problem is when it happens happens too early in a relationship. Couple needs time to develop a rapport, deep emotional connection and skill to deal with issues that come up along the way. Trust and confidence must come first. Here is the study made by the Utah University that shows that, statistically, couples that waited are more satisfied with sexual life:
http://howtosaveyourmarriage.co/sex-before-marriage
I don't argue with facts, but in my opinion it is not as much connected to fact of marriage but to longevity of a relationship.
James Johnston

by Arshad » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Do not be misled by Satan’s lies. There is no lasting happiness in immorality. There is no joy to be found in breaking the law of chastity. Just the opposite is true. There may be momentary pleasure. For a time it may seem like everything is wonderful. But quickly the relationship will break down. Guilt and shame set in. We become fearful that our sins will be discovered. We must sneak and hide, lie and cheat. Love begins to die. Bitterness, jealousy, anger, and even hate begin to grow. All of these are the natural results of sin and transgression.

On the other hand, when we obey the law of chastity and keep ourselves morally clean, we will experience the blessings of increased love and peace, greater trust and respect for our marital partners, deeper commitment to each other, and therefore a deep and significant sense of joy and happiness.

Have a Great Day!!!
Arshad

by swathi2012 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:26 pm

y not live life fully no rules applicable

swathi2012,

swathi2012

by Cheated guy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:36 pm

I think it ought to be made cumpulsory.....so that a guy doesn't get cheated and the gal doesn't get beated!!..... Hope you got the point I am trying to convey instead of misleading our society, it's norms and any one for that matter!!!!
Cheated guy

by Bhaimiya » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 am

Good answer, thanks for the same.

Arshad wrote:Do not be misled by Satan’s lies. There is no lasting happiness in immorality. There is no joy to be found in breaking the law of chastity. Just the opposite is true. There may be momentary pleasure. For a time it may seem like everything is wonderful. But quickly the relationship will break down. Guilt and shame set in. We become fearful that our sins will be discovered. We must sneak and hide, lie and cheat. Love begins to die. Bitterness, jealousy, anger, and even hate begin to grow. All of these are the natural results of sin and transgression.

On the other hand, when we obey the law of chastity and keep ourselves morally clean, we will experience the blessings of increased love and peace, greater trust and respect for our marital partners, deeper commitment to each other, and therefore a deep and significant sense of joy and happiness.

Have a Great Day!!!
Bhaimiya
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Return to Human Relationships