Sunday, 28 April 2024 »  Login
in

About Love

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

About Love

by krishna » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:58 am

Hi guys, I am 26yrs. When I was in my graduate level, I loved a girl. Strictly in my opinion, love is life. But we must not neglect our studies. Love is anything and everything, but only if we are something. If we are nothing, then it will be nothing. So, first our career and next love. We must think about career before thinking about love. Parents love us, friends love us, our relatives love us. But in order to maintain love with our mate forever, we must maintain a good career.
krishna

About Love

by DuDe_iN_tOwN » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:52 pm

Of all the things love\'s not, its not materialistic. I understand how \"standing up on one\'s one feet\" is essential in life. But I dont think it has anything to do with love. IF a girl falls in love with you, not for who you are, but what you are, then well, buddy it\'s not love ..its just love \"stuff\". Oh well, thats what i think anyway!!!<br><br>
Cheers !
---------------------
-LiFe=HaPPiNess
-LiTe TheeSkO
-nuVVu liTe aNte neNu piCHHa LiTe
-maA-Ki-KiRkiRi
DuDe_iN_tOwN

About Love

by arrow » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:38 pm

Well...what you say sounds impractically idealistic....if one has parental love, friend\\\'s love and relative\\\'s love and ad nauseaum as mentioned by krisha and yet if one pines for a mate (with whom one mates), the love must be surely the result of that darwinian trait - Evolutionary variation by sexual recombination, no?? So what harm if one preens oneself with a good career so that one can mate with the best of the breed?? Seriously speaking, it makes good sense to become independent (financially or otherwise) before getting entangled in a relationship. After all a hardship here, a hardship there, the best of the loves can go out of window.
arrow

About Love

by krishna » Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:23 pm

My meaning is love and career must be simultaneous as a two wheels of one cart.
krishna

About Love

by Z C » Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:24 pm

we have discussed enough on this topic over a period of time in these boards. Not again :-)
ZEE: the Colossus
Z C

About Love

by krishna » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:37 pm

There is no end for love and for this topic too. Interested guys can discuss about their love and their opinions on love.
krishna

About Love

by Arch » Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:51 pm

Could you be saying that A man needs to provide for and protect his family which wells out from love just as a woman needs to nurture and raise the family? and For the man to be able to provide for, and provide well, he needs to be concentrating at his career as well as at the development of his personality- physical, mental and emotional? Whats\' an apt role for a woman in this situation for her Man and her children? Is one of the most important roles of a human to procreate? and procreate healthy little ones for them to grow into similar adults in turn?
Arch

About Love

by ME » Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:04 pm

This is such a cliched topic... only the non-practical keep podering over this. The practical ones either love and/or pursue a career instead of \'discussing\' love.
ME

About Love

by Arch » Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:40 pm

! aw come on, ME ! dont be a spoilt-brat! We share each others opinions when we discuss and we might improve over that .. and u kno it. just coz\' u r clear on a certain issue and already understand something does not mean somebodyelse cannot !
Arch

About Love

by krishna » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:39 pm

tajmahal and emperor shahjahan\'s love towards his wife teaches historical love lesson for many generations. so many opinions and somany words are their for love. I am searching more from you.
krishna

About Love

by arrow » Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:44 pm

Is one of the most important roles of a human to procreate?...good question Arch... and if one looks from the point of view of evolution, introducing evolutionary variation in one\'s own species through sexual recombination is just but one aspect of selection/Inheritance. Imagine, after billions of iterations of random steps in the genetic space we are here from the days of Amoeba. If life is destined to procreate, and if the need for procreation is termed as love (why else one pines for mates loves if one already has all other kinds), there\'s no harm waiting to be independent before one makes that tiny iteration in the genetic space.
arrow

About Love

by krishna » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:06 pm

Today if we see worldwide, the main subject of any commercial films in any language is based on love. Ex: Titanic is a superb film. Love has become a commercial element and what not nowadays. But true love itself wins and it is the gift of God which will be enjoyed by only some in the world.
krishna

Return to Human Relationships