Saturday, 18 May 2024 »  Login
in

Are Women more 'Accommodating'?

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Are Women more 'Accommodating'?

by Sharjeel » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:33 pm

If someone would please get the ball rolling, then we can all share our views.

IMO, women may be nicer and kinder but they are NOT easy to deal with. They have rigid opinions and it is very difficult to change their evaluation about someone, however wild or stupid it might be.
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Jaszalcatraz » Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:17 pm

I think the assumption that at the very funda"mental" level women are different from men is wrong.

Hence the generalization that women are nicer/kinder and have rigid opinions is completely wrong.
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

hmph!

by wisecrack » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:41 pm

Well well...Sharjeelji... r u talking abt one woman in particular?..whom u happen to knw...? Then y generalize?? I agree tht some of em have rigid opinions nd arent inclined towards change ..but then... cud it not b the same with guys as well?? ***err...kahani mein twist? no no i dont belong to the league of male-bashing feminists plzz!:)** The reason may be partially coz women are weaker, emotionally and sentimentally..**hence the niceties and kindness** but sometimes the same weakness drives them towards some sorta unacceptable insanity ..which makes them think tht they r right/wrong abt an issue...

Moral of the story: Blame it on the MEMES!:D **plz chk out the article on memes**
wisecrack

by Great Atheist » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:53 pm

It's a man's world and to make a place in this world a woman has to be more compromising an accomodating. Its a survival skill.

As far as women having rigid opinions, I don't believe that is the prerogative of either sex. You find morons and geniuses among both men and women. Similarly you find both rigid people and tolerant ones.
Director - India Ops
EAC Globalization Department
Great Atheist

by Sharjeel » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:11 pm

This thread was more in response to pzeee's post that women are more accommodating. I assumed she would carry on the discussion on this page. We will just have to wait until she comes back.

wisecrack wrote:The reason may be partially coz women are weaker, emotionally and sentimentally...
Not so. Women are not weaker emotionally. They do seem to make a hash of it in tear jerking movies, etc, but it is the males who break down sooner under emotional pressure.

Jaszalcatraz wrote:I think the assumption that at the very funda"mental" level women are different from men is wrong.
Is it? Are they not? Wome are different from men physilogically, anatomically, clinically, etc, and it would be very stupid to expect them to be the same with men mentally.

Great Atheist wrote:It's a man's world and to make a place in this world a woman has to be more compromising an accomodating. Its a survival skill.
Being compromising andd accommodating has nothing to do with the fact that it is a man's world. It is a man's world because women are compromising and accommdating.

Great Atheist wrote:As far as women having rigid opinions, I don't believe that is the prerogative of either sex. You find morons and geniuses among both men and women. Similarly you find both rigid people and tolerant ones.
Nope. You wont find many men who will transfer a grudge against a person to an entire family or generation. You will also see that men are more likely to forgive and forget.

Ever read the book Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus?

Come on people, wherez the disagreement? Let's have one. :P
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by daisy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:21 pm

wow another male vs female thread.

hey HP, comon, lets turn this into gender jokes thread :lol:
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to. :D
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Sharjeel » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:31 pm

daisy wrote:wow another male vs female thread.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Maar khaoge... :x :P

This is my first male v/s female thread and I intend to use it to badmouth females and act smug about being a male. No spamming allowed except mine :P :twisted: :mrgreen:
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by daisy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:00 pm

Sharjeel wrote:

This is my first male v/s female thread and I intend to use it to badmouth females and act smug about being a male. No spamming allowed except mine :P :twisted: :mrgreen:

well.. in that case you have to bribe me :lol:

:P :twisted: :mrgreen: :P :twisted: :mrgreen:
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Sharjeel » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:06 pm

daisy wrote:
Sharjeel wrote:

Okie. I will let you stay alive... is that enough? :P
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by daisy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:13 pm

Sharjeel wrote:
daisy wrote:
Sharjeel wrote:

:evil: No

but lets make a deal, i will wait until monday and then start posting gender jokes here OK. you have 2 days for good discussions. how is that :lol:

(and this is my last post spamming in this thread, sorry Sharjeel :) )
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Sharjeel » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:17 pm

daisy wrote:
Sharjeel wrote:
daisy wrote:
Sharjeel wrote:

:evil: No

but lets make a deal, i will wait until monday and then start posting gender jokes here OK. you have 2 days for good discussions. how is that :lol:

(and this is my last post spamming in this thread, sorry Sharjeel :) )
*looks around at other FHites for support* Come on FH! Don't let this thread fall to the thorn-flower girl :P.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Jaszalcatraz » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:15 pm

Yeah......lynch her I say
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Jaszalcatraz » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:16 pm

Or better still.........give Raj her email address
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Jaszalcatraz » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:16 pm

Or maybe........
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Youve got to read this

by Aishwarya » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:56 pm

Ever read "women are from bras and men are from penus".It is a sppof on men are from mars and women are from venus.And what a spoof.. You will be in splits right from the start of the book to the end of it.Anyways, i just wanted to mention that.

Now coming to women being more accomodating than men.Yes they are, for several reasons:

1.They have to maintain the emotional balance and EQ of the universe .That is women have to compensate for the low EQ that men have.

2. Women have to raise kids, and to able to do that sussessfully they have to be more accomodative.

3 Most men I have come accross never help around the house, they still think it is below their dignity to do so.Women have to do housework have to have a career,have to raise her kids... I mean she better be accomodating to juggle all these jobs at one time.

4.If you were to compare the number female terrorists to the male terrorists,the ratio is pretty low.Why? Because women are more tolerant and accomodative to all the shit happening around the world.They are more balanced.ABOVE MENTIONED EXAMPLE PROVES JUST THE SAME.
Aishwarya

Re: Youve got to read this

by Lucifer » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:32 pm

This pro-feminist shit is rubbing me the wrong way. Here is why I believe that women have no reason to feel superior to me.

Aishwarya wrote:Ever read "women are from bras and men are from penus".It is a sppof on men are from mars and women are from venus.And what a spoof.. You will be in splits right from the start of the book to the end of it.Anyways, i just wanted to mention that.

No comments, since you 'just wanted to mention that'. :)

Aishwarya wrote:Now coming to women being more accomodating than men.Yes they are, for several reasons:

1.They have to maintain the emotional balance and EQ of the universe .That is women have to compensate for the low EQ that men have.

Men do not have a low EQ. Most men just do a good job keeping it under wraps. It is just the way we are made, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Aishwarya wrote:2. Women have to raise kids, and to able to do that sussessfully they have to be more accomodative.

Valid point. No reasons to disagree.

Aishwarya wrote:3 Most men I have come accross never help around the house, they still think it is below their dignity to do so.Women have to do housework have to have a career,have to raise her kids... I mean she better be accomodating to juggle all these jobs at one time.

May be. But isn't that purely a woman's choice? As far as I know, most men are happy whether their wives work or don't. If wants to pursue a career, she has no right to complain if her husband is being a pig by not helping her around the house. The husband did not ask her to work in the first place. If you cannot live happily with a choice that you have made, please let us make the choice for you. But just because you are raising kids and pursuing a career does not in any way give you the right to feel superior.

There are a lot of things that men have to do to ensure there is food on the table. Most wives are not even aware of that. That is because men do not like to burden their wives with such stuff. That is just the way we are. Besides, if you are one for feminism, would you have a husband who does the housework while you go out and earn the bread? I wager that in six months you will start nagging him.

Aishwarya wrote:4.If you were to compare the number female terrorists to the male terrorists,the ratio is pretty low.Why? Because women are more tolerant and accomodative to all the shit happening around the world.They are more balanced.ABOVE MENTIONED EXAMPLE PROVES JUST THE SAME.

Where did that come from? There are more men terrorists for the same reason that there are more men in the armed forces. Men are better at strategising, and for this there is proof. They are also physically better built for combat. Damn, saying that there are fewer women terrorists implies women are more tolerant is simply the most outrageous thing I have ever heard - after the chicken and egg theory of yours, that is.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Hee hee hee

by Aishwarya » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:58 am

I am so happy !!! So lucifer,I understand you are totally pissed.But why dont you start thinking outside the box for once.About the chicken and egg thingi that i talked about earlier,atleast i came up with an answer.I am not like,"and the argument continues",and wasnt my theory creative.Okay,bullshit but creative nonetheless.

ABout wmen having higher EQ than men,well freud agrees and so do other psychoanalysts.The other arguemtns you gave about men being pigs etc, well to an extent I agree with you.But this thing about which gender is more superior is something that will go on till there are two genders in any species, meaning will go on till eternity.

The theories that I talked about before are some mundane musings.Dont take them personally,if you do so you would only be proving me right!
Aishwarya

Re: Hee hee hee

by mark » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:27 am

Aishwarya wrote:well freud agrees and so do other psychoanalysts

Freud was a batshit crazy coke fiend. he came up with some really strange stuff. Personally i think the emotional/intellectual differences between the sexes are exaggerated. I think it's peoples love for a competition, if theres more than 1 of anything, lets see which is best sort of thing. i used to think this stupid cockcomparing habit was a male thing, but all the BS recently from the ladies has made me feel its a species wide disease, along with most of our shortcomings.
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

Re: Hee hee hee

by Lucifer » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:31 pm

Aishwarya wrote:I am so happy !!! So lucifer,I understand you are totally pissed.But why dont you start thinking outside the box for once.About the chicken and egg thingi that i talked about earlier,atleast i came up with an answer.I am not like,"and the argument continues",and wasnt my theory creative.Okay,bullshit but creative nonetheless.

There lies an inherent danger in doing that. If you think too much out of the box, chances are that they will come and put you away inside a box for a very long time. :)

That apart, I am all for creativity. Damn, I love when people come up with crazy notions. They are not supposed to make sense, either. But there is a line that I draw. That line is called the line of stupidity. Besides, I gave you much more profound theory regarding what came first. I did not go 'and the argument continues...' either, did I? 8)

Aishwarya wrote:ABout wmen having higher EQ than men,well freud agrees and so do other psychoanalysts.The other arguemtns you gave about men being pigs etc, well to an extent I agree with you.But this thing about which gender is more superior is something that will go on till there are two genders in any species, meaning will go on till eternity.

Since Mark has said most of what I would have said, I see no point in being repetiitive. Freud was a man who was charred emotionally when he saw his mother naked. I don't see why we should go by any of what he said.

Aishwarya wrote:The theories that I talked about before are some mundane musings.Dont take them personally,if you do so you would only be proving me right!

Next time could you please suffix all theories that are to be taken seriously with an S? It is hard to know otherwise. :)
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by lizard king » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:01 pm

the actual reason is that women have more accomodation, unlike men an extra inlet.
The ultimate
lizard king
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by mark » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:40 pm

lizard king wrote:the actual reason is that women have more accomodation, unlike men an extra inlet.

trust the man down under to sink this thread to a new low. :)
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by lizard king » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:25 pm

mark wrote:
lizard king wrote:the actual reason is that women have more accomodation, unlike men an extra inlet.

trust the man down under to sink this thread to a new low. :)

the problem is, everyone knows it is down under.... but how many aactually care?
The ultimate
lizard king
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by rabbithole » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
rabbithole

by akhilis2cool » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:15 am

Men and Women are different.

So theres no point in comparing them.
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by mark » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:59 am

akhilis2cool wrote:Men and Women are different.
So theres no point in comparing them.

hehe. surely the only way you can compare things is if they are different? like theres no point comparing things if they are the same. i know what what you mean though, apples and oranges. we're all people though, so you can compare. not saying it'll get ya anywhere though
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

Next         

Return to Human Relationships