Tuesday, 21 May 2024 »  Login
in

Are Women more 'Accommodating'?

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by mark » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:59 am

akhilis2cool wrote:Men and Women are different.
So theres no point in comparing them.

hehe. surely the only way you can compare things is if they are different? like theres no point comparing things if they are the same. i know what what you mean though, apples and oranges. we're all people though, so you can compare. not saying it'll get ya anywhere though
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by akhilis2cool » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:30 am

mark wrote:
akhilis2cool wrote:Men and Women are different.
So theres no point in comparing them.

hehe. surely the only way you can compare things is if they are different? like theres no point comparing things if they are the same. i know what what you mean though, apples and oranges. we're all people though, so you can compare. not saying it'll get ya anywhere though
yeh it wont get us newhere...

so what do we do with this thread?
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by daisy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:20 pm

akhilis2cool wrote:so what do we do with this thread?

i already gave an idea :D

what do you say sharjeel , its monday :lol:
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to. :D
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:41 am

I think I will take Daisy up on her offer, and post the first of the gender jokes!

God made man, he made him out of string

He had a little over, so he gave him the thing

God made woman, he made her out of lace

He ran a little short, so he left her a little space
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by daisy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:58 am

What is the thinnest book in the world?

What men know about women!

What do you call a man with an I.Q. of 50?

Gifted!

What is the difference between men and government bonds?

Bonds mature!

What do men and beer bottles have in common?

They are both empty from the neck up!

What's the difference between a man and E.T.?

E.T. phoned home!

What does a man consider a seven course meal?

A hot dog and a six pack of beer!

How do men exercise at the beach?

By sucking in their stomachs every time they see a bikini.

:D
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by san » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:33 am

Looks like I am too late to post on topic :roll:
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Lucifer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:36 am

san wrote:Looks like I am too late to post on topic :roll:

Post off-topic then. But post, nonetheless.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by daisy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:49 am

no san, you go ahead with the topic, we will wait. :D right lucifer ?
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:51 am

daisy wrote:

You want me to wait? I sure will!!! Anything for a whiff of that fragrance, Daisy!
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by CtrlAltDel » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:58 am

"Something About Wives"

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

-Rodney Dangerfield

-----------------------------------------------------------

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.

-Milton Berle

------------------------------------------------------------

The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.

-Henny Youngman

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After a quarrel, a wife said to her husband, "You know, I was a fool when I married you."

The husband replied, "Yes, dear, but I was in love and didn't notice."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't spoken to my wife in 18 months - I don't like to interrupt her.

----------------------------------------------------------

A man said his credit card was stolen but he decided not to report it since the thief was spending much less than his wife did.

-------------------------------------------------------

Man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished.

A little boy asked his father, "Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?"

The father replied, "I don't know son, I'm still paying."

Young Son: Is it true, Dad, that in some parts of Africa, a Man doesn't know his wife until he marries her?

Dad: That happens in every country, son.

---------------------------------------------------------

Then there was a man who said, "I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; then it was too late.

Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life Thinking they had no faults at all.

-----------------------------------------
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Red Combat » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:09 pm

FINE This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they are right and you need to shut up. Never use "fine" to describe how a woman looks - this will cause you to have one of those arguments.

FIVE MINUTES This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your football game is going to last before you take out the trash, so it's an even trade.

NOTHING This means "something," and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards.! "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with "Fine".

GO AHEAD. At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

GO AHEAD (With Raised Eyebrows) This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine"

GO AHEAD (Normal Eyebrows) This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care" You will get a "Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools off.

LOUD SIGH This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at that moment, and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

SOFT SIGH Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" mean that she is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe, and she will stay content.

THAT'S OKAY This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you back for whatever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and in conjunction with a "Raised Eyebrow."

PLEASE DO This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay"

THANKS A woman is thanking you. Do not faint. Just say you're welcome.

THANKS A LOT This is much different from "Thanks." A woman will say, "Thanks A Lot" when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh." Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh," as she will only tell you "Nothing".
Let's get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini.
<I>-Every Day's a Holiday</I>
Red Combat
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by san » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:03 pm

Lucifer wrote:
daisy wrote:

You want me to wait? I sure will!!! Anything for a whiff of that fragrance, Daisy!

Flirt :roll:

Still waiting for your re-worded post hon - you know the one i'm talking about!
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Re: Youve got to read this

by daisy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:25 pm

Lucifer wrote:May be. But isn't that purely a woman's choice? As far as I know, most men are happy whether their wives work or don't. If wants to pursue a career, she has no right to complain if her husband is being a pig by not helping her around the house. The husband did not ask her to work in the first place. If you cannot live happily with a choice that you have made, please let us make the choice for you. But just because you are raising kids and pursuing a career does not in any way give you the right to feel superior.

There are a lot of things that men have to do to ensure there is food on the table. Most wives are not even aware of that. That is because men do not like to burden their wives with such stuff. That is just the way we are. Besides, if you are one for feminism, would you have a husband who does the housework while you go out and earn the bread? I wager that in six months you will start nagging him.

:shock:

take back lucifer.

you dont know the reasons behind every working women. and it is none of your business if she just works for her career or what ever reasons. the point is if she is supporting her family financially along with her husband, why not the husband support her with house work as well?

and again this is not the case with every family though. there are people who help out each other both in careers and home.
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:11 am

daisy wrote:you dont know the reasons behind every working women. and it is none of your business if she just works for her career or what ever reasons. the point is if she is supporting her family financially along with her husband, why not the husband support her with house work as well?
and again this is not the case with every family though. there are people who help out each other both in careers and home.

First of all thanks for digging that thread up totally out of context. I will go down this road just this one time, and defend what I said.

I am all for equality of the sexes. In fact, I truly believe that women are wasting their time by claiming equality to men. I think they are far superior to men, and that is something that most men are now beginning to realise. Those men who do not will do so in time. Till then, they will just rot in hell.

Again, I am not questioning the motives behind a woman working. Hell, I have a working mother and I never felt that I was missing out on something that my friends whose mothers were housewives did not miss out on. And, if you ask me, I know that only a woman is capable of juggling a career and a home effectively. Men just screw up.

That said, it is the whining that totally gets to me. So, you are a career woman who has to manage a household. Big deal. There are countless others who do it without any hassles. Why should you be the one to complain? It is a bit like PMS. During that time it is like women get a licence to act weird and difficult. Everything is blamed on hormones. Hello! Like you are the only one to go through with this. Half the world goes through with it. God makes you go through with it because he knows that men would royally suck at it.

And that is my only bone. I have never stated what women should not work. I have never stated that they should be confined to the four walls. I have not stated all that because I do not believe in those theories. I think the world would be a lot more balanced place to live in if more women held high positions. In fact, whenever it has been in my powers I have been very supportive of a woman taking up a position provided she had the qualifications for it.

Yes, I do stand by all that I said in my previous post. But, is any of it indicative of my being as horrible as I am made out to be? Seriously, if a man prefers his wife to not work I do not see anything wrong with that. What is definitely wrong is if he does not let her. Even if he does not like it, he should be encouraging and let her do her thing.

These are just some of the things that I believe in. They might be contrary to what you believe in. Just because we have opposing views it does not mean that either of us is right or wrong. It is just a difference of opinion to a subject as profound as the meaning of life itself.
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Mayavi Morpheus » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:11 am

daisy wrote: :shock:
take back lucifer.

you dont know the reasons behind every working women. and it is none of your business if she just works for her career or what ever reasons. the point is if she is supporting her family financially along with her husband, why not the husband support her with house work as well?

I think this is the first serious post made by daisy :o
May the Fries be with you!
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Lucifer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:14 pm

This is grossly unfair. I draft a pretty decent defence of my honour, and no one reads it!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by san » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:51 pm

Lucifer wrote:This is grossly unfair. I draft a pretty decent defence of my honour, and no one reads it!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Dear Lucifer

Ofcourse I did read. Do bear in mind we are in different time zones.

Anways, you leave me confused. What you've said above is very sensible indeed. No objections what so ever! However the post on the other thread still does not seem to fall on the same principle. Maybe you could clarify over coffee?
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Lucifer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:10 pm

san wrote:Dear Lucifer

Anways, you leave me confused. What you've said above is very sensible indeed. No objections what so ever! However the post on the other thread still does not seem to fall on the same principle. Maybe you could clarify over coffee?

Glad to know that you found that post of mine sensible. Gladder to know that you are looking for clarifications. Gladdest to know that you would like that done over coffee.

And, a lady that you are, it is your prerorogative to choose the time and the place. I will drop in, gladly!
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by daisy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:17 pm

huyya for just for 4 of my lines, lucifer had to post more than 40 lines. am i great or what Image

btw i didnt read your post lucifer, its too long and i am too lazy.anyways what ever yous say is ok with me :P no big deal. friends again :D .

Mayavi Morpheus wrote:I think this is the first serious post made by
daisy :o

:oops: i know and i am back to my normal posts :D
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:35 pm

daisy wrote:btw i didnt read your post lucifer, its too long and i am too lazy.anyways what ever yous say is ok with me :P no big deal. friends again :D .

*makes mental note to reserve special hell fire for daisy for not reading long post that she inspired*

*makes mental note to fry her instead since she made a proposal of friendship*
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by daisy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:46 pm

daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Lucifer » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:17 pm

daisy wrote:Image

After a smiley like that, even the devil has no alternative but to reserve special air-conditioned corner for Daisy in hell. :D
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by san » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:59 pm

Lucifer wrote:
daisy wrote:Image

After a smiley like that, even the devil has no alternative but to reserve special air-conditioned corner for Daisy in hell. :D

You softy! :lol:
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by san » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:08 pm

Lucifer wrote:
san wrote:Dear Lucifer

Glad to know that you found that post of mine sensible. Gladder to know that you are looking for clarifications. Gladdest to know that you would like that done over coffee.

And, a lady that you are, it is your prerorogative to choose the time and the place. I will drop in, gladly!

5pm tomorrow my place. Being the devil himself, you know where I live right?
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Lucifer » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:18 am

san wrote:5pm tomorrow my place. Being the devil himself, you know where I live right?

Of course it is within my means to know where you live. But doing that would be a vulgar display of my power.
-- Douglas Adams
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

PreviousNext      

Return to Human Relationships