Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Girl older than Boy in a relationship

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Mayavi Morpheus » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:02 pm

fl wrote:i wonder how many ppl who posted on this thread are in such a relationship :D :D

*ahem* :wink:

one or two years difference dont matter. YOu wouldnt notice any difference.
May the Fries be with you!
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by fl » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:14 pm

not a problem for me

as i always say +/- 2 is fine :)
I'm not in favour of Senseless Windows Bashing.
However,I'm all for Bashing Windows Senseless.
fl
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

Re: Girl older than Boy in a relationship

by HBK » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:08 am

Ar!e$ wrote:
Follow ur heart wrote:Hey guys!
This is the first time I m writing to this forum.
I've seen people getting along nice when the guy is older than the girl.
It's the norm of the society except for a few exceptionally identifiable exceptions like our Sachin Tendulkar's and I believe there are more which I am not aware of.
Is it so that a relationship would not end up in a long term one i.e a marriage when the girl is older then the guy. Does the society accept this?
Is it Ok scientifically/ medically?
I want to know from u guys wat kind of difficulties would arise in the married life after tying the knot if at all the step is taken??

Y wuld it b an exception only for sachin tendulkar? the guy n girl wuld gt in2 a relationship only if they r truely in love wid eachother,and therefore it doesnt matter mostly 2 them if the girl is elder 2 the guy,n nw in 2day's world we gt 2 c many such couples as well,take the case of saif ali khan n amrita singh,even tho they r divorced nw but they did have a relationship for quiet a long time then there is parmeet sethi and archana puran singh and they r happily married since long and society does accept dis as well nw.i feel where there is love trust n understanding age shudnt matter at all.if we think abt all this then ppl shudnt gt in2 a relationship in the first place 2 have a heart break later on in life.

U r right to the most
HBK

by rock_26iin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:10 am

HBK wrote:U r right to the most

u r fkked up to the most
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by HBK » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:14 am

mark wrote:
Follow ur heart wrote:Hey guys!
This is the first time I m writing to this forum.
I've seen people getting along nice when the guy is older than the girl.
It's the norm of the society except for a few exceptionally identifiable exceptions like our Sachin Tendulkar's and I believe there are more which I am not aware of.
Is it so that a relationship would not end up in a long term one i.e a marriage when the girl is older then the guy. Does the society accept this?
Is it Ok scientifically/ medically?
I want to know from u guys wat kind of difficulties would arise in the married life after tying the knot if at all the step is taken??

makes more sense for the woman to be older cos women have a longer life expectancy than men so if the husband is younger than the wife then there's a better chance of dying close together

i dont accept it
HBK

by HBK » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:17 am

Lucifer wrote:
san wrote:Does not matter whether the woman is younger or older cause she will always be the wiser. We rule! :lol:

Agreed. One hundred percent!

i dont accept it
HBK

by black wizard » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:18 am

HBK wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
san wrote:Does not matter whether the woman is younger or older cause she will always be the wiser. We rule! :lol:

i dont accept it

like who giives a fck abt what u think
I ran into my ex-girlfriend the other day... I backed up and ran into her again... I miss her sometimes...
black wizard
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by HBK » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:20 am

CtrlAltDel wrote:well....a younger man pairing with an older woman is not at all harmful...medically, emotionally, sexually...whateverly....the tuff part is in convincing the Indian society :D

whoever is older, i advise against large age gap of more than 5-6 years coz IMO, the couple wud practically be of two different generations and think/behave differently.

btw, in some versions of the Ramayana, Sita is shown as being older than Ram...and i read somewhere that Prophet Mohammad was younger than his wife...and more recently its also said that Kasturba was older than Gandhiji

oh the Historic guy
HBK

by rock_26iin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:21 am

black wizard wrote:
HBK wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

i dont accept it

chod do, he is so self-possessed that he refuses to acknowledge the presence of other ppl here. :roll:
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by HBk » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:22 am

Neutron Star wrote:Age has nothing to do with true love.

i agree to the most
HBk

by HBK » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:25 am

daisy wrote:
Lucifer wrote:That may be because you have not really met a younger man. Wanna give me a shot? :wink:

sure, i will give you a shot, and how do you want it, with a gun or a riffle :P

thts great
HBK

by HBK » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:30 am

The Jackal wrote:I thought this was a serious discussion.Now all I see is SPAM.Damn I should have posted earlier. :cry:

oh
HBK

by HBK » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:31 am

rock_26iin wrote:

u r fkked up to the most

r u
HBK

by rock_26iin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:32 am

HBK wrote:
rock_26iin wrote:

u r fkked up to the most

r u

I may be mad, but unlike you I am not inanely dumb.
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by HBK » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:34 am

black wizard wrote:
HBK wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

i dont accept it

i think u r a SPAM
HBK

by rock_26iin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:35 am

HBK wrote:
black wizard wrote:
HBK wrote:
Lucifer wrote:

i dont accept it

i think u r a SPAM

oh my! my sides are hurting!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Sprinter » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:18 pm

I think girls are often more mature than boys during their late teens through to thirties but this should not influence a good healthy relationship.
Sprinter

by Moon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:46 am

Not sure about medical reasons or other things, but aging process is more quick in women compared to men. A 25 year old women would look much matured and elder to a man of same age. The way a women look changes drastically after giving birth to kids, no matter how much yoga, exercise you do or how much makeup you put, still they look old. That too with Indian weather, pollution, food people tend to get aged much more quickly compared to western people. And I'm not sure how many men really like to go around with the wife/gf who would like their elder sister or aunt :? Apart from looks, thought process is also different between a boy and girl of same age. Women again mature very quickly in their thought process and you find the relation in troubles because of this.
Moon

by Arshad » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Love is not bounded by age, creed, nationality or race. That’s what I think. This is based on ‘my own little world’ where love is a prerequisite for marriage and that personal decisions should be respected. Having said that, I let people be if they think otherwise. All of us live in our own little worlds. All of us make our own decisions and we are all the masters of our own lives.
Arshad

by Girlash Biga » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:30 pm

I dont it age matters this time anymore. Therte are several factors that are available today while couples are not of the same place and even worse far-aged.

The first is money. alot of young bride has been married to olders boys for the sake of dowry etc

religious costumes comes at hand too as well as socio economic brought up.

Plus there is a case of true love.

So may to mention but the point is, its not a question in the society any more....
Girlash Biga

by jeevansathi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:27 am

Your assumption is absolutely right that in our society, there are a number of relationships where the girl is elder than guy. It is nowhere written in any medical book that a wife cannot be elder than her husband. Being happy is more important in life. The society will itself give your example to others if you are happy with the partner and his/her family. It all depends on your mutual understanding and the sense of adjustment! If you don’t trust and understand your spouse then you will definitely face difficulties in your married life, no matter who is elder, the wife or the husband.
jeevansathi

by Yasaswy » Tue May 30, 2023 12:31 pm

In modern times, the acceptance of relationships where the woman is older than the man has been growing. Society's acceptance of such relationships can vary depending on cultural and personal beliefs, but it's encouraging to see that attitudes are evolving. It's important to approach relationships without getting too caught up in societal expectations. What matters most is finding a partner who loves, respects, and supports you, regardless of age. So, if you're considering a relationship where the woman is older, it's crucial to focus on building a strong foundation of trust, compatibility, and emotional connection. Remember, every relationship is different, and the most important thing is to find someone who makes you happy and with whom you can build a fulfilling and loving partnership.
Yasaswy

Previous                

Return to Human Relationships