Thursday, 18 April 2024 »  Login
in

Office Romance

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Office Romance

by Betty » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:56 pm

Hi there :) ,

I am new to this forum, and though I have seen this topic written about in newspapers, I found that pretty incomplete. Going through the responses to other topics, I thought I'll throw this to you members, for a good argument...

What do you think about a relationship which starts in office between two persons who are unattached to anyone else?

Do such relationships survive?

Does it become boring later on to be with the same person at home as well as in office?

What are the problems?
Betty
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by mark » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:38 pm

welcome to the Boards Betty!

i think office romances work fine. obviously if you work very closly with someone, or in a supervisor/subordinate type situation, then there may be some strain on the relationship, but if the relationship is strong anyway you'll get over these things. you may have to make more effort to give your partner space and time to himself every so often (some people aren't happy unless left alone for a few hours a day)

If you both lead busy lives outside work anyway (lots of friends, hobbies, sports) then you'll be laughing.
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by lizard king » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:53 pm

as long as u can respect each othere s personal space, i think there should nt be a problem at all.
The ultimate
lizard king
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Re: Office romance

by Betty » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:02 pm

Personally, I feel office romances are boring...except during the first flush of romance when it all starts. Imagine seeing and discussing things with the same person throughout the day, going for office outings together, going for team parties together, heck even going for lunch together...too cramping...

However, my friends, who have been through it, insists that it is similar to any other romance and pretty exciting.

In some offices though, having a relationship with your colleague is banned, and your spouse cannot be working in the same office as you do.

Something to do with a reduction in productivity and interference with the professional environment....
Betty
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Re: Office romance

by lizard king » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:08 pm

Betty wrote:Personally, I feel office romances are boring...except during the first flush of romance when it all starts. Imagine seeing and discussing things with the same person throughout the day, going for office outings together, going for team parties together, heck even going for lunch together...too cramping...
However, my friends, who have been through it, insists that it is similar to any other romance and pretty exciting.
In some offices though, having a relationship with your colleague is banned, and your spouse cannot be working in the same office as you do.
Something to do with a reduction in productivity and interference with the professional environment....

oh well... i definitely dont work where u work then.
The ultimate
lizard king
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by The Jackal » Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:32 am

Isnt office romance frowned upon in all TNC's?
Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère.:Merovingian,TMR
The Jackal
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by CtrlAltDel » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:55 am

office romances would work well if the "romance" part is set aside during work...and the couple give each other a lot of space.

i have seen more 'flings' in office than any long term relationships. i wud rather not work in the same office as my girfriend or wife since at least somepart of the day its good not to see each other and have our own set of friends/colleagues. too much familiarity might breed contempt.
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

the best

by Scorpiouno » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:37 pm

that'll be the best thing to happen cos...

luv brings out the best in anyone :twisted:
Scorpiouno

Re: Office Romance

by lenari » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:59 pm

What are some really good action and romance anime? I need some really good action anime that have romance. Also, I don't want the long ones. I would like a range between 12 to 26 episodes. Don't suggest Zero no Tsukaima, Naruto, Full Metal Panic, Code Geass because I already watched these animes.
lenari

by Aarti » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:20 pm

Romance at office make the work environment friendly and filters out the strain at work. Recently i read a book on Office romance and found that interesting.

This book masters in - How to have romance in office. Very interesting one.
Aarti

by Barbara789 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:35 pm

I agree with above thoughts. if some one works together they may develop this type of feelings automatically.
Barbara
Barbara789

Return to Human Relationships