Saturday, 18 May 2024 »  Login
in

seven sins

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:57 pm

virgin_mary wrote:so CAD,what did you hear about hell?.........a very beautiful place,where you find all the things you want........and enjoy life with a bottle of wine.....is it so?
:D well, according to Lucifer, its a 24X7 nightclub! and not just wine, we have an immense choice of liquor! :P
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by vakibs » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:02 pm

hmm.. let me spam this thread with some materialistic philosophy. :idea: I wont go to hell, wont go to heaven. I will mix in the air (assuming I die on planet earth) and become part of a future politician, a musician, a suicide-bomber, a potato, a computer harddrive, a whore and a thousand other things. Whatever shit I do in this life will haunt me till I die and only till I die
vakibs

by daisy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:57 pm

ycr007 wrote:
akhilis2cool wrote:khoob jamega rang jab mil baithenge saare spammers :twisted:
BTW isnt spamming a sin?

If It indeed is,then we all Know Who's gonna be King at Hell !!!
and who is the queen Image
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to. :D
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Re: seven sins

by rock_26iin » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:18 pm

virgin_mary wrote:Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

I believe that I have some self-esteem, there are things I can do better than others and if I say that, am I not stating the truth? I have never heard that saying the truth is a sin therefore I don't think pride is a sin

virgin_mary wrote:Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

As long as I am not usurping them I see nothing wrong with me wanting them. In fact, seeing somebody owning a particular thing will motivate me to work towards it. So envy is not a sin according to me.

virgin_mary wrote:Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

A man may not consume more than he can produce, if he can produce more than he requires, he can consume more than he requires. It depends on his capacity to earn.

virgin_mary wrote:Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Am I to deny my body something it craves? Can I survive by denying it food and oxygen? If the body requires it, why should I not give it to it if I can? Lust is not a sin, it is only made out to be one.

virgin_mary wrote:Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Anger may be something not recommended but I won't go as far as calling it a "sin". Plus certain good things also can come out of anger. It acts as a steam vent on a boiler.

virgin_mary wrote:Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Ok, tell me, can the spiritual highness of mine put bread and butter on my plate? If all the people in the world stop producing, the money in your pocket will have no value and we will go back to the primitive ape forms where hunting and gathering is the way to live. Again, check my reply to the so-called sin of Gluttony.

virgin_mary wrote:Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

I agree excessive sloth is harmful. A little rest is required, you can't keep working 24/7, can you? But I will still not call it a sin.
Things are supposed to happen the way they happen. And the reason they happen the way the happen is because you try to make them happen in a certain way and may or may not be succesful.
rock_26iin
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by ycr007 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:12 pm

daisy wrote:
ycr007 wrote:
akhilis2cool wrote:khoob jamega rang jab mil baithenge saare spammers :twisted:
BTW isnt spamming a sin?

If It indeed is,then we all Know Who's gonna be King at Hell !!!
and who is the queen Image

*Damn!!!! Can't seem to Find the Cupid Smiley!!!!*
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by daisy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:19 pm

what shall we name the kingdom 8)
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by ycr007 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:21 pm

daisy wrote:what shall we name the kingdom 8)

'Sin'dom of the Seven Spammers!!!
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by daisy » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:25 pm

ycr007 wrote:'Sin'dom of the Seven Spammers!!!
and who are the other 5 spammers?

btw are we spamming here again :?
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Re: seven sins

by mark » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:05 am

rock_26iin wrote:
virgin_mary wrote:Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

I believe that I have some self-esteem, there are things I can do better than others and if I say that, am I not stating the truth? I have never heard that saying the truth is a sin therefore I don't think pride is a sin

virgin_mary wrote:Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

As long as I am not usurping them I see nothing wrong with me wanting them. In fact, seeing somebody owning a particular thing will motivate me to work towards it. So envy is not a sin according to me.

virgin_mary wrote:Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

A man may not consume more than he can produce, if he can produce more than he requires, he can consume more than he requires. It depends on his capacity to earn.

virgin_mary wrote:Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Am I to deny my body something it craves? Can I survive by denying it food and oxygen? If the body requires it, why should I not give it to it if I can? Lust is not a sin, it is only made out to be one.

virgin_mary wrote:Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Anger may be something not recommended but I won't go as far as calling it a "sin". Plus certain good things also can come out of anger. It acts as a steam vent on a boiler.

virgin_mary wrote:Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Ok, tell me, can the spiritual highness of mine put bread and butter on my plate? If all the people in the world stop producing, the money in your pocket will have no value and we will go back to the primitive ape forms where hunting and gathering is the way to live. Again, check my reply to the so-called sin of Gluttony.

virgin_mary wrote:Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

I agree excessive sloth is harmful. A little rest is required, you can't keep working 24/7, can you? But I will still not call it a sin.

The reason pride is a sin is because you are feeling proud of something (being good at a skill) which God has given you. Being proud is thanking yourself when you should be thanking God. As for the rest of them, I would say the 7 deadly sins do cause most of the suffering in the world, so while I don't agree with the idea of sin, good, evil (and I hold God at the same level as Santa Claus, except I find the Santa story slightly more believable) I would say to highlight them as deadly flaws in the human race is fair enough from a subjective point of view (point of view of the moral masses)
While one who sings with his tongue on fire Gargles in the rat race choir Bent out of shape from society's pliers Cares not to come up any higher But rather get you down in the hole that he's in
mark
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by agonys_requiem » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:01 pm

i really dont see the point to any of this... i dont see the point to needles either.. but.. just cuz i dnt see it dnt mean it aint there... so basically.. wht m trynna say is tht.. lets do somethin bout tht virginity prob of yours miss :wink: ......

and i just might keep goin ohh lorrdd ohh lorrdd.. godd yeaa.. and shit like tht.. so plz dnt take it as a sign of my religious devotion :D
Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.
agonys_requiem

Previous                

Return to Human Relationships