Tuesday, 21 May 2024 »  Login
in

What Makes Little Boys and Girls Cry?

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

What Makes Little Boys and Girls Cry?

by I too almost did that » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:45 am

I received a mail frm one of my friends
Yesterday while at my son's field trip and having lunch with him and some friends, the question was brought up, kids style of "What makes you Cry". The response from most of the 10yr boys were..."when someone sticks something in my eye". But it was the response of one little boy that hit right at home for me..."My Mom and Dad's divorce". At that moment I wanted to grab that little 10 yr boy and hold him until his pain went away, but I knew I couldn't make him feel better; nothing I could do could change his pain. You see, I, almost a month ago, caused this same pain in my own children's lives. I didn't see a lawyer or anything like that, but my husband and I yelled and screamed that we might get a divorce and my son heard it.

On the way home that day, I told my son about his friend and what he said. I also said how sorry I was to have scared him in that way, when he heard his father and I fighting. I'll never say I'm perfect or that life is full of all good times and marriage is easy. But after yesterday, I can say, I will never use those words again (I want a Divorce) because I will remember what that one small 10 yr boy cried about. I am forever grateful that God puts little miracles into my life everyday, to remind me of his love. I have 3 of them, my children, and to remember those cries that I want them never to have.

Thank you for letting me share,

I too almost did that

Return to Human Relationships