Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

hey

Friendship, love, live-in and extra-marital relationships, marriage, family - share the views of diverse people on everything that makes up life.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

hey

by PR » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:25 am

hey there

i wanted some advice here...im a hindu guy and i love this muslim girl, right? we both want to get married but theres some complications...

my gf said tht if i marry her but i do not convert to islam thn her marriage is considered as not being one..meaning she'll just be living wit me and we wnt b considered as being married...

im nt religious but i do feel weird when i thnk abt converting to another religion...guess i do like my religion...

but if i hav to convert to be wit her, i'll do it...i just wanted to know if theres no other possibility of me being her and everyone's happy without me changing my religion?

i'd like to know wht u think about this...

thnks again
PR

hey there

by vapourlock » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:46 am

dude, Don't get me wrong here and I don't, not even for a sec, wish that this should happen, but then, If I were you, I wouldn't do that. It's really not about the religion. It is about acceptance - if you can accept as she is, complete with her religion and everything, she should be able to do it too. Period.

I would ask her once, twice and move on. NEXT! But you take your call, buddy ! :)
vapourlock

by Sachin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:56 am

well its all upto you gentleman!!!! I would never ever do it just because of the simple fact that " YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE " if people dont accept you better find other ones.
Raj Singh Dungarpur to Mohammad Azizuddin Azharuddin
"Miya captain banoge"
Sachin

I had a similar situation

by Biriyani_Chai » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi,

I faced a similar situation 7-8 years back. I was going around with a Christian girl (i am a hindu). When it came to marriage, I told her I would marry her as she is, no need to convert. But she insisted that I conver to Christianity or else no marriage. I dumped her faster than a hot potato.

There is no point in continuing. If she cannot marry you for what you are, where is the fun??? If she insists that you convert, you can insist too...

Just my view...
Di muazzin ne azaan, shab-e-wasl, pichli shab,
haay kambakht ko bhi kis waqt khuda yaad aagaya!
Biriyani_Chai

hey

by PR » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:55 pm

thanks for your views guys and opinions:)

well i dunno, i dnt wanna leave her nor does she want tht....needa find another solution :D either way, we've still got time to think abt it

thnks again
PR

by Portuguese Man-Of-War » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:05 am

I agree with everyone here. You cannot give in on this and expect a happy life thereafter. The thing will keep cropping up in eventual disagreements, and with increasing frequency.

It is certainly not as easy to leave her as others seem to suggest. It's kinda like a narcotic drug. In the beginning it feels great, then it becomes a necessity just to feel normal :D. Withdrawal is really painful even if you know that it is good for you, and that it was a bad thing you got into originally, either through your own naivete or because you got cheated into it (which kinda seems to have happened in your case).

You gotta fight it. You could try finding someone else - the easiest documented route out of stuff like this. Just make sure you do not cheat someone else in the process by using her as a temporary shield against your own mind.
Portuguese Man-Of-War

hey dude...

by shakes » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:09 pm

I always advice to everyone in this situation...

Dont convert into any other religion just for ur Gf (or) Bf.

thats all... :)
shakes

If you wanna convert...

by shakes » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:20 pm

and One more thing I'd like to add here very important...

If you wanna convert into any religion first of all you must know what their Holy Scriptures says about "GOD". What are the concepts of God, Angels, Worlds and everything. How this world is created and many more things.

Not like a blind person who moves holding others hand in every direction where that person took him along with.
shakes

Conversion for the sake of marriage

by Mazhabi_Taleem » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:15 pm

Hi. Why don't you ask HER to convert for your sake? Who is more important to whom? You to her or she to you? Or your respective religions to each other? Lets find out.

Better still, to please each other, you convert to Islam & she will convert to Hinduism.

Then both live happily ever after. !!
Mazhabi_Taleem

Hmm...

by shakes » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:52 pm

hahahahaaaa.... :D

No Comments...
shakes

hey

by Niveditha » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:15 pm

ask shah rukh khan and gauri :)
Niveditha

by Lucifer » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:21 pm

Can't say that I am qualified to comment on this subject because I have never had a first-hand experience in the matter. But there is one sure shot way I know of dealing with withdrawal in case you need to end it. No, no. I am not recommending wallowing as they do in the oh-so-numerous chick flicks.

Instead, have a string of one-night stands. These don't hurt anyone because there is no expectation, no commitment. And nothing gets frustration or pain out of the system better than good old fashioned gamming of the boots so to speak :twisted:.

However, this is not to be construed to mean that I am suggesting you break it off with her or even that I am not. Do what you believe is good for you both. Religion is a very personal issue, and even though I don't believe in God myself I don't think I would be comfortable changing my religion. In the end, I guess, it just becomes a question of what is more precious to you - religion or her.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by PR » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:58 pm

yeah, thanks a lot for these but i'd rather hav some advice abt how to solve it n still b wit her, nt end our relationship...no offence meant guys

thanks again 8)
PR

Re: hey

by Mazhabi_Taleem » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:16 pm

Hi thre, PR. You still with your GF? Married? Anyone converted? What solution did you get? Can you update us?
Mazhabi_Taleem

Re: some of the cases

by Sr.K » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:06 pm

Niveditha, looks like you are one of the oldest on this website forums.

anyway, just to let you guys know, two of my nephews who are muslim got married to hindu girls after they converted, but after some time we know that the girls are ultra modern and quite neutral on many issues. but still we are happy that they are happy also.

it is the happiness and the true love and understanding that counts.!! we never wanted any extreme or fundamental rigidness of any kind anyway..

well this is just a true story though....
Sr.K

Return to Human Relationships