Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

What\'s up with this Bulletin Board?

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by ex-hyderabadi2 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:40 am

I am browsing through these articles and the way this bulletin board is organized, it doesn\'t make sense! Can they order the articles in date order?
Also, the topics should be arranged in chronological order or last postings!

Must say, it\'s a pretty poorly organized setup for a very useful AND active communication forum.
ex-hyderabadi2

by srenee » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:22 pm

I agree..
srenee

by Faheem » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:12 am

Agree. Add to it the latency in loading pages.
Faheem

by ravi » Sat Oct 12, 2002 12:24 am

I think u better watch the entire postings once again with their dates before coming up with such criticism. U r too busy searching for things that can be criticized and u do that irrespective of whether they need or not. Hundreds of visitors never found this problem except you. Now don\'t come up with questions like, r u working with fullhyd??? bla bla bla... surely I am not.
ravi

by Me » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:02 am

y doest the board delete the old messages..nobody wants to read a post 2months old!!
Me

by ex-hyderabadi2 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:26 am

come on guys. Just look at the bulletin board thread
Girls...clubs...in Hyd and you can see that the messages are not in chronological order! It doesn\'t take a genius to see that...
ex-hyderabadi2

by The fullhyd.com moderator » Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:04 am

There are two options discussion board post sortings have: displaying posts in reverse chronological order or showing all replies to a message along with that message. It\'s just a choice, and we follow the latter.
The fullhyd.com moderator

by CriticalLimit » Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:05 am

how come it hasnt been made right yet..am surprised at such poor management..and what is the criteria that a message hits the front page? the way it seems to me is by nepostism and favourism..
CriticalLimit

by popesmokesdope » Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:42 pm

firslty, i think this \'bulletin board\' shud be baptised into a forum with a proper structure... the existing one is very dull and to an extent slow. firstly u cannot have paragraphs or enuff spacing which makes the message very restrictive and bland. and secondly Mr. moderator stop deleting my posts!!! i do not use commercial profanities... it is just the uncannny knack i have to irritate ppl. no offence!
popesmokesdope

by ex-hyderabadi2 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:30 pm

Mr. Moderator, I respect your decision to pick the way you prefer...but I am not sure you realize that it\'s a real pain in the neck to have to load all the messages and scan through to figure out where the latest responses are. Next, all messages topics should also be sorted in reverse chronological order so you know which threads have been updated without thumbing through a few pages! In my opinion this will tremendously help the users and will also improve your site performance considerably as you have fewer page loads. I have never seen it any other way in a number of bulletin boards I have used over the years. I don\'t know about others, but I like scanning through the fullHyd board regularly but I also don\'t have hours to spend!
ex-hyderabadi2

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests