Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Fullhyd Netpals

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Fullhyd Netpals

by Doc » Fri May 09, 2003 5:29 pm

Punter, You said it. Netpals is a forum for likeminded humans to know each other in a remote way without knowing their real personalities. This is a fact and every one should understand. Mohini, there is no reason to threadbare one such PAL in a board.
Doc

Fullhyd Netpals

by Mohin Sharma » Fri May 09, 2003 9:14 pm

My my! Such vitriol! Considering that there are some 83 gals to 1500 something guys on netpals it does not seem to me that it is the girls that are desperately seeking dates. I posted my profile on netpals because I wanted to find some friends to hang out with - go to the movies, talk about politics, go to the pub, drink coffee, and so on. I drink occasionally because I happen to like it, same as I like Cola or Rasna. I am not an alcoholic and I dont drink and drive so where the heck does anyone get off calling me a bad person? <br>
<br>
The mails I received mostly ranged from stupid to some that were disgusting even to the sexually liberated person that I am. I am not against sex or romance for that matter in the slightest, but I do subscribe to the notion of consent. If persons (male/female) are looking for sexual partners and say so in their profile then it is perfectly right to respond to them in kind. However, most girls at any rate are looking only for either friends or romance and to send them mails about sex is annoying and often for more sheltered women frightening. As it happens, in my profile I explicitly stated that I was absolutely not interested in any sort of romance or sexual activity. I was looking for nothing more than generally friendly company.
<br> <br>
I did get a couple of responses that I will paste as an example of the kind of folk I was looking for.
<br>
\"Hey there , I too am gonna be there in HYD on the ****. It\'s been like 3yrs that I\'ve been out of the city. I\'ll be there for a month & I\'m looking forward to meeting you. I too am looking for people who can argue like hell & have a good time. No hard feelings/no romance or sex. \"
<br>
Now there is a guy who read my profile and decided our interests match and wrote to me. In almost 60 mails there were about 5 people that I wrote back to because I felt that we shared enough interests to be friends and another handful that I did not quite resonate with but whose mails I appreciated because they were friendly and polite. All the rest of the mails were only fit for trashing. <br>
<br>
In short the answer to the original post which basically asked why it was that girls never seemed to respond to any mails is simply because most guys just send stupid, insensitive and annoying mails. If guys concentrate on quality instead of quantity and write letters that respond to a girl\'s profile and her stated interests they are likely to get more replies and who know\'s they might even get a date.
Mohin Sharma

Fullhyd Netpals

by Naz » Fri May 09, 2003 9:44 pm

Way to go, Mohini - I guess calling a spade a spade does not go well with a lot of people. I like your reply.
Naz

Fullhyd Netpals

by Doc » Fri May 09, 2003 10:32 pm

Dear Mohini, it is normal to expect replies bothways. If you don\'t like the reply from a PAL, simply delete and forget.
Doc

Fullhyd Netpals

by Fiddler » Sat May 10, 2003 10:41 am

Mohini, I think the problem is that you expect mature, decent messages from guys who very obviously, are the intellectual age of a premature cucumber. Why\'re you lowering yourself by arguing with these morons? Live your life the way you want. If other people can\'t handle it, they can go take a hike!
'Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum!'
Fiddler

Fullhyd Netpals

by Naz » Sat May 10, 2003 1:05 pm

Good thinking!!!!
Naz

Fullhyd Netpals

by Z C » Mon May 26, 2003 10:59 am

i just logged in chat as a female and man.......the kinda messages i see .......sucks !! it makes a lot of sense now when i read the protests . i regret some of the comments ive made previously.
ZEE: the Colossus
Z C

by Twilight1947 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:58 pm

This is one of those 'dead and gone' topics but just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Have mailed only 2 females in the Netpals section. Wrote the first one a long mail about how I wanted some info on an MBA and the girl sent me a one liner in return! Was soo insulted!! Maybe she thought I wasn't straight or something!!! The second girl seems nice.

I can't decide on whom to mail among the guys because there are just way too many!!
Twilight1947

by Mayavi Morpheus » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:21 am

Whoa! How did I miss this board. Mohini if you are reading this, post more mails here.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by fullhyd.com » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:51 pm

Hi everyone,

We've just added a new feature to Netpals where you can search for a person by name. It's part of the search form.

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
fullhyd.com

Previous                

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests