Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Who is financing fullhyd.com?

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by peeping tom » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:16 pm

I wonder how come .com has been able to run this net page since ages. the day to day live entries, changing and updating all the data from time to time is surprising? some times their pages are better than the net pages of multinational banks (page set up and liveliness) . I really wonder who is financing them to do all these things. I dont see much advertisements. For a long time this has been one of my really innocent doubt.Totally how many staff you have? how many programmers? who are all sweating their salt and blood for us(debaters) Please clear boss.
peeping tom

by archana » Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:00 am

a site like this can be done in about a week or two; its no big deal!! just copy and paste stuff from other sites or hire someone to get info. you may need to spend a few extra rupees/dollars, but look at it from the popularity point of view. the owners of this site get immense popularity and name, which is very important. do u get it now tom?
archana

by I_am_who_I_am » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:10 am

I think a lot of work went into this site and I certinaly appreciate it.I donot think a few dollars can produce something like lively as this, obviously apparent is staff putting their creative minds to work here. It is certainly a job well done, I feel at home away from home. Bravo
I_am_who_I_am

I don't agree at all

by vivek » Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:54 pm

Archana says :
a site like this can be done in about a week or two; its no big deal!! just copy and paste stuff from other sites or hire someone to get info.

Archana, it not that easy. There are many studs surfing the net who would have figured that out if the guys are copying and pasting. Firstly its not ethical, secondly if its an amateur page then you can - many do and no one notices. Professional ventures work differently.

If having a content heavy website was a matter of one or two weeks, then why are there so less good websites, when so many have so much time.

Most of the fullhyd type websites become popular only by word-of-mouth. They cannot even cross link or be a part of webrings because that just comes with pop-ups or irrelevent banners. Kinda spoils the look.

There are tons of issues you need to monitor when you have a website as a source of your source of income.

Remember, in such companies your website is your company.
http://www.wiredbeats.com - Download Attitude for Free!

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by shaikh » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:38 pm

Sir,

pls chk my msg from my yahoo account re. online book.

and kindly respond.

thks.rgds.
shaikh

by Mayavi Morpheus » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:37 am

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?w=379&h= ... hak.comWho ever is funding FH.com is doing a good job. Have you guys checked out the page ranking?

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=fullhyderabad.com/htdocs/jobs/home.phtml

FH is ranked 101,750.

This is a comparision of traffic of FH to BR

Not bad at all if you realize the fact that there are hardly 10 - 20 posts FH forums in a day and on BRF there are 10 - 20 posts in a minute.

Good job, whats the secret?
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Mayavi Morpehus » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:39 am

Damn, there is a goof up and I cant edit the the post.
Mayavi Morpehus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by fullhyd.com » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:10 pm

Hi Mayavi,

We have more authentic sources to substantiate FH being popular - such as our own log file :).

Alexa only uses its own users to get its stats, and we do not know any Alexa users among our own friends, so it's not too authentic. Most Alexa users are abroad (US and Europe) whereas most fullhyd.com users are in Hyderabad (about 75% of our traffic).

Also, the Alexa rank you've given is just for the Jobs section of fullhyd.com, which accounts for just about 10% of our traffic.

fullhyd.com gets large traffic on the following sections, which will not be indicated in the number of forum posts (these are the top 5 sections of fullhyd.com in popularity, though the order varies):

1. The Directory (searching for resources in town)

2. Movies

3. Netpals

4. Classifieds

5. Discussions

Two points here:

1. Discussion forums on fullhyd.com are, like they are everywhere else, elitist - restricted to knowledgeable writers and, more importantly, the more articulate users. Most of our users use fullhyd.com as a Hyderabadi search engine, and like to read about movies and stuff happening in town, and make friends. We get significant traffic on editorial sections.

2. Several more people browse the discussion forums than actually post.

Our traffic grew over 50% just last quarter, so that graph you put above is completely erroneous. (BTW, unlike several other sites we know, including Hyderabad's largest news site whose traffic URL we happen to know, we never make even misleading statements about our traffic, forget blatant fudging).

We believe fullhyd.com is today the 3rd largest city guide in India after chalomumbai.com (now mid-day.com) and perhaps chennaionline.com (though we're not sure we're lower than chennaionline.com).

In 2 months, fullhyd.com is going to appear in a completely new avatar, and it will be the best city guide in the world. A massive effort is on, and has been on for over 6 months now, on the next version of fullhyd.com. We expect to be the second largest city guide in India by end-2004, and perhaps among the largest 12-15 sites of India.

Like you said, not bad for a city guide :).

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
Last edited by kishore on Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fullhyd.com

by The fullhyd.com Team » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:14 pm

shaikh wrote:Sir,

pls chk my msg from my yahoo account re. online book.

and kindly respond.

thks.rgds.

Dear Shaikh,

Thank you for writing to us (and please don't call us "Sir" :)). It's always been a pleasure reading the online novel! A lot of us at fullhyd.com want o contribute, but somehow have just not been able to yet (we take a lot of time to write :)). You continue to keep us motivated. Perhaps we'll snatch the ending away from you and claim credit for the whole work :)!

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by zc » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:57 am

y would u want to know? if ur so desperate to know...then i will tell u...........its :arrow: aa`kaasa`ramanna :wink:
zc
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Jaszalcatraz » Wed May 19, 2004 8:04 pm

I'm compleely hooked to this site and would like to know the changes) in terms of traffic) since the last Mod post.
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Habitual Perfectionist » Thu May 20, 2004 1:25 am

fullhyd.com wrote:We believe fullhyd.com is today the 3rd largest city guide in India after chalomumbai.com (now mid-day.com) and perhaps chennaionline.com (though we're not sure we're lower than chennaionline.com).

In 2 months, fullhyd.com is going to appear in a completely new avatar, and it will be the best city guide in the world. A massive effort is on, and has been on for over 6 months now, on the next version of fullhyd.com. We expect to be the second largest city guide in India by end-2004, and perhaps among the largest 12-15 sites of India.

That calls for three cheers for the FH team...doesn't it?

HIP HIP HOORAY!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

HIP HIP HOORAY!
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by azazel » Sat May 22, 2004 5:41 pm

Habitual Perfectionist wrote:That calls for three cheers for the FH team...doesn't it?
HIP HIP HOORAY!
HIP HIP HOORAY!
HIP HIP HOORAY!

achanak .. 2 maheene baad :shock:
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by akhilis2cool » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:12 am

Habitual Perfectionist wrote:
fullhyd.com wrote:We believe fullhyd.com is today the 3rd largest city guide in India after chalomumbai.com (now mid-day.com) and perhaps chennaionline.com (though we're not sure we're lower than chennaionline.com).

That calls for three cheers for the FH team...doesn't it?

HIP HIP HOORAY!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

Mods bhaaion...

ur post was made on May 10th, today it is July 18th. 2 mahine to kab ke ho gaye. Following HST or what?? :wink:
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by Lucifer » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:45 pm

Ah well, akhilis2cool, you know how these things work. Agar two months meant two months then moosi nadi mein parson parson kaiko baad aayi hoti? :wink:

I guess they are also Hyderabadis, like the rest of us are!
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Alexis » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:39 am

Thank God for the FullHyd site (life would be so boring without it), and all those who work to keep it running on well-oiled wheels. Great job, guys! :D
Whenever you can't sleep
May you be treated to a song
And heaven cracks
A song falls softly from the light of heaven.
Alexis
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by akhilis2cool » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:12 pm

Lucifer wrote:Ah well, akhilis2cool, you know how these things work. Agar two months meant two months then moosi nadi mein parson parson kaiko baad aayi hoti? :wink:
I guess they are also Hyderabadis, like the rest of us are!

yeh...i agree with ya :twisted: 8)
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

ranking

by peeping tom » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:24 pm

what s your latest ranking boss?
peeping tom
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Re: ranking

by Lucifer » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:34 pm

peeping tom wrote:what s your latest ranking boss?

No. 1, among all the Hyderabadis of course!!!
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by azazel » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:42 pm

Lucifer wrote:No. 1, among all the Hyderabadis of course!!!

world-famous in Hyderabad :!:
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by Sharjeel » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:48 pm

azazel wrote:world-famous in Hyderabad :!:
Lololol!!!
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Habitual Perfectionist » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:20 pm

azazel wrote:world-famous in Hyderabad :!:

Shouldn't that be warald famous?
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by azazel » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:49 am

Habitual Perfectionist wrote:Shouldn't that be warald famous?

yes.. aapne sahee kaha. warald-famousss in Hyderabad :!:
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests