Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

r these the best discussion boards ever?

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

r these the best discussion boards ever?

by admirer » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:49 pm

Hi junta! I'm like a huge fan of this site and was wondering if there are any better forums that this one, about hyd?
admirer

by JustaLittleUnwell » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:36 pm

So this is the new look that was promised? Looks ok, but some issues though:

- Speed: Takes ages to load the pages. Believe me, it took 30 minutes to come to this page and post this feedback. Not sure if i'll have so much patience everytime ;)

- Replies: Looks like we can't reply to a specific post as it just adds the new post at the end of the thread. So how are we to know which post is in response to which post?

- Privacy: The moment I log in, I see a listing of all users who are browsing the forum. Wondering why I would want the world to know that i'm online. This is really a turn off.

- Looks like the discussions are going to be more animated (thanks to the faces on the left side). I'm dreading the seriousness with which people are going to post their views. Welcome to the kindergarten :)
JustaLittleUnwell

by WeePee » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:37 am

JustaLittleUnwell wrote:So this is the new look that was promised? Looks ok, but some issues though:

- Speed: Takes ages to load the pages. Believe me, it took 30 minutes to come to this page and post this feedback. Not sure if i'll have so much patience everytime ;)

- Replies: Looks like we can't reply to a specific post as it just adds the new post at the end of the thread. So how are we to know which post is in response to which post?

- Privacy: The moment I log in, I see a listing of all users who are browsing the forum. Wondering why I would want the world to know that i'm online. This is really a turn off.

- Looks like the discussions are going to be more animated (thanks to the faces on the left side). I'm dreading the seriousness with which people are going to post their views. Welcome to the kindergarten :)

JALU,

u gotta hit the "quote" button to reply to a specific post, like i've done now. speed i guess hasnt got much to do with the format of the discussion board (fullhyd.com server has always been slow imo). Emoticons, always gona be a big help for those who cant get subtle humor :wink:
WeePee

by weepee » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:13 am

JustaLittleUnwell wrote:- Privacy: The moment I log in, I see a listing of all users who are browsing the forum. Wondering why I would want the world to know that i'm online. This is really a turn off.

You have the option of making urself 'invisible' on the forum. You can set that option in ur profile (link near the top of the page).
There's no such thing called gravity, its just that the earth sucks.
weepee

by JustaLittleUnwell » Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:54 pm

Weepee, thanks :) I'll do some of those 'needful' things. I also noticed that there's a way to get rid of those faces too (i mean the irritating images) and just retain the textual emoticons.

Btw, you have added a nice snap to your profile :) I envy your girlfriend ;)
JustaLittleUnwell

Re: r these the best discussion boards ever?

by jammer » Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:18 pm

admirer wrote:Hi junta! I'm like a huge fan of this site and was wondering if there are any better forums that this one, about hyd?

great new improvements. !!!

Cheers. !! to the fullhyd team.

i may have few comments i will post later.

i am using cisco ip lines so my speed is ok. :lol:
jammer
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by BM » Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:13 pm

jammer wrote:
admirer wrote:Hi junta! I'm like a huge fan of this site and was wondering if there are any better forums that this one, about hyd?

Weldone fullhyd team. CONGRATS :D
BM
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by b. » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:00 pm

it looks very nice now,

but the only things is the people are getting exposed with their ID

how can I disguise ?

b.
b.
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by weepee » Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:28 pm

JustaLittleUnwell wrote:Weepee, thanks :) I'll do some of those 'needful' things. I also noticed that there's a way to get rid of those faces too (i mean the irritating images) and just retain the textual emoticons.

Btw, you have added a nice snap to your profile :) I envy your girlfriend ;)

lol. btw, are u one among the very few of the fairer sex we have here ?? Always thought u were a guy but 'envying my girlfriend' bit has got me thinking :roll:
weepee

Hide Your Status

by BM » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:13 pm

b. wrote:it looks very nice now,

but the only things is the people are getting exposed with their ID

how can I disguise ?

b.

Open your profile page go down and click on "YES" on "HIDE YOUR STATUS.
BM
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by JustaLittleUnwell » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:48 pm

weepee wrote:lol. btw, are u one among the very few of the fairer sex we have here ?? Always thought u were a guy but 'envying my girlfriend' bit has got me thinking :roll:

Weepee, if by 'fairer sex' you are refering to its usual meaning of 'feminine gender', you are mistaken i.e. what you always thought is correct - I have been a male and plan to stay that way at least in the short to medium term ;)

Coming to the envying part, I've been so unlucky, I tend to envy all lucky people in this planet. So looking at the handsome pic, i couldn't help envying your gf :) Hope that puts things in the right persepective.
JustaLittleUnwell

by weepee » Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:44 pm

JustaLittleUnwell wrote:
weepee wrote:lol. btw, are u one among the very few of the fairer sex we have here ?? Always thought u were a guy but 'envying my girlfriend' bit has got me thinking :roll:

Weepee, if by 'fairer sex' you are refering to its usual meaning of 'feminine gender', you are mistaken i.e. what you always thought is correct - I have been a male and plan to stay that way at least in the short to medium term ;)

Coming to the envying part, I've been so unlucky, I tend to envy all lucky people in this planet. So looking at the handsome pic, i couldn't help envying your gf :) Hope that puts things in the right persepective.

Yep. that does put things in the right perspective :)
weepee

by Saradhi » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:14 pm

jammer wrote:

Yes, Good improvements.

:P :lol: :D
Saradhi

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests