Tuesday, 16 April 2024 »  Login
in

Sorry for a tech screw-up

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Sorry for a tech screw-up

by The fullhyd.com Team » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry for a tech screw-up that did not allow anyone to make posts for over 2 days. Someone pointed it out to us just now (thanks, Lakshmi!), and we rectified it. Sometimes we might not be aware immediately of any snags, so we'll be extremely grateful if somebody points it out as soon as there's something wrong. As always, you could always write to webmaster at fullhyd dot com, or just PM one of the moderators. Cheers!

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by b. » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:27 pm

sir, great going, so far so good.

i am sure you are doing lot of sorting out and reshuffling of boards and contents and stuff on adaily basis.

suggestion: antakshri should go to >spl interest group>music

it will get better response

you may even start a whole new board for "music and entertainment"

or "music and movies"

thanks.
b.

by Mayavi Morpheus » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:12 am

I was on vacation last two weeks and what do I see on return, a brand new FH forum!

Good job folks.

Small suggestion, can we do away with the typin name everytime we post? Saves time and also stops impostors from using others screen name.

TY.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by The fullhyd.com Team » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:38 am

Mayavi Morpheus wrote:I was on vacation last two weeks and what do I see on return, a brand new FH forum!
Good job folks.

Small suggestion, can we do away with the typin name everytime we post? Saves time and also stops impostors from using others screen name.

TY.

Dear Mayavi,

Thanks! This whole thing was, if you remember, at thy behest :).

A lot of effort went into creating that anonymous posting feature, so now we're too emotionally attached to it to remove it :). Seriously, we thought it was necessary, since several users would not want their details to be displayed with every post of theirs. Cases of impersonation are very rare, and, besides, the moderator team is vigilant.

Cheers

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by Mayavi Morpheus » Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:27 am

Yep Kishore, I remember it :D

Thought permanent screen names will decrease the burden on mods. But if u re fine with it, then we are fine with it. 8)
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Mayavi Morpheus » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:17 am

Our users have posted a total of 20427 articles.
The fullhyd.com discussion boards have 29412 registered users.

Hey FHteam, how did you guys manage to upload all the past topics? Is there some feature in this new code that allows to upload old discussions?

And 29412 registered users! :shock:
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by The fullhyd.com Team » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:44 am

Oh well, the secret is really very old - we worked extremely hard for it. But it didn't work, so we got a couple of coconuts and agarbatti, and did what we do best - prayed hard from our very core. When we woke up the next morning, the code was all written. The moral of the story: Don't hardcode, just hardcore.
The fullhyd.com Team

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests