Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

New-Look Full hyderabad

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by The fullhyd.com Team » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:21 am

Dear Mayavi:

We don't allow post editing by users - can cause chaos if replies have been posted... What you were able to do was an experimental thing - we've disabled it now.

fullhyd.com is really a complete democracy. But more than 50% of posts made have the poster not revealing his/her identity (you can see for yourself), so that is the referendum/poll in itself. Thanks for the suggestion, anyway, and hope to hear many more from you! Cheers!

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by Mayavi Morpheus » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:54 am

Thanks for the reply. I didnt know that 50% of the users use multiple handle. Well democracy prevails. Anyway it aint much of a problem in this new look forum. But it was pain is ... in the old forum.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Mona Lisa frowns » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:12 pm

Hey

We don't allow post editing by users - can cause chaos if replies have been posted... What you were able to do was an experimental thing - we've disabled it now.

Agreed about the chaos it could cause. But then what if I erroneously posted something and would like to edit it ? Could you have something like "I cannot edit it once someone has responded to it" ?
Mona Lisa frowns

by The fullhyd.com Team » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:48 pm

Dear Mona Lisa:

There are tech issues there: the software has no way of knowing if someone has responded to your post unless your post has been quoted. So someone may have actually have responded to your post without quoting it, and the code will not know, since it can't differentiate between that and a post which was made just on the topic, and has nothing to do with your post. Okay, we can make it uneditable if there has been any post after yours, but we thought for the time being we'll just stick with the "Preview" feature provided while making a post. You can always clarify through another post. Cheers!

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by Mayavi Morpheus » Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:15 am

I wanted to ask the same question, but didnt want to bug you so I deleted my post before I pressed submit (Since I cant edit it once I post).

Now I know that the software doesnt allow you to dom something like what mona ji has asked, but AFAIK the software has "edited by so and so" feature which is added to every post that is edited by either mod or user. So if any post is edited, everyone know that it has been edited.

I understand the issue raised by you (regarding replies), but the pros outweigh cons, IMHO.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

New Feature

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:11 pm

hey guys!

the new feature listing the Latest Post is very helpful...saves me time in searching replies to my posts...

what is this "Shout it Out"..? is it like a live chat...? how long do u keep the posts in it?

keep it up and bring on more innovations
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Re: New Feature

by fullhyd.com » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:23 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:hey guys!

the new feature listing the Latest Post is very helpful...saves me time in searching replies to my posts...

what is this "Shout it Out"..? is it like a live chat...? how long do u keep the posts in it?

Thanks, CtrlAltDel! Shout it out is, yes, like a live chat. The posts stay indefinitely, but the number we display there will be limited - about 30 (that's a config thing) - since they have to download in reasonable time.

We are launching blogs in a couple of days, with advanced features - hope you find them attractive!

Regards,

The fullhyd.com Team
fullhyd.com

by Mona Lisa Smile » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:32 pm

There you go FH mod, the moment you start adding new features and we start nitpicking. :lol:

Dont know if its a too much to ask but in the shout box could we have a "name for display" instead of displaying the login name ?
"Some people are so poor that the only thing they have is money"
Mona Lisa Smile

by fullhyd.com » Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:20 pm

Dear MLS:

Thank you very much for suggesting this. Like we like to say at fullhyd.com, everything is possible :). Except, maybe this one will have to wait. Some users asked us for a Hyderabad Bloggers' channel, and we have been developing that. It took much longer than we thought, reflecting, once again, our poor judgment :), and adding fuel to the rife speculation that we are not competent to be running fullhyd.com anymore, and are simply taking advantage of the fact that we have a very high equity stake and very low ethics. Fortunately, our investors live very far away, and we are of heavier build.

To answer your question (now can anyone going off on such colossal tangents in trying to answer a question as simple and straight-forward as yours be competent to run a website as big as this? yes, yes, yes!!!), it is possible, but we will need some time. In the meantime, please start your blog on fullhyd.com. Hyderabad's most creative people will soon all be here, and, even though we say so ourselves, it's a feature-wise happening channel.

Lots of luv

The fullhyd.com Team
fullhyd.com

by Mona Lisa Smile » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:20 pm

Whoa!

Hey FH mod, you ask us for suggestions we give them to you and believe me we dont ask for anything (certainly not long tangents) in return. Take 'em or leave 'em, your call. :)

As for the blogs ... yup we are all waiting with bated breath :) A lot of eager-beavers here! Of course you know that.. dont you?
Mona Lisa Smile

by fullhyd.com » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:58 pm

Dear MLS:

Some stuff in the above post was intended at someone else :) - we think you misinterpreted it. Anyway, to make up to you, we've implemented your suggestion :). And have taken the liberty of making an inaugural post under the new scheme of things using your display name :). Thanks again for the suggestion!

Regards,

The fullhyd.com Team
fullhyd.com

by Mona Lisa Smile » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:08 pm

That was fast!! *pat on the back*

And NO I did not misinterpret it. I knew most of it was for someone else's benefit.

Anyways Peace!
Mona Lisa Smile

Re: New Feature

by fullhyd.com » Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:46 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:hey guys!

Dear CtrlAltDel:

To see all previous posts, please click on the "Shout It Out!" link that is the heading to the box. Cheers!

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
fullhyd.com

by Mayavi Morpheus » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:25 am

'Bhai' log, woh 'latest posts' feature mein zara page number aayeso kuch sakte ho kya, jabhi bhi main uspe click marta hu saala pehle page pe chala jaata hai. Shukriya.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by fullhyd.com » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:29 am

Hi Mayavi,

There's an arrow right at the end of every listing in the "Latest Posts" block. Click on that and it will take you to the last post directly. Thank you for giving us so many extra page views all these days. Ideally we shouldn't have told you this, but one of the perks of becoming a "Star Hyderabadi" is getting some extremely rare ethical treatment from the fullhyd.com team :).

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
fullhyd.com

by Jaszalcatraz » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:30 am

For a democratic site, you dont really act like one. How come you keep deleting my son's comments? Agreed that he has a dirty mouth, but atleast he doesnt use expletives.

He was just speaking his mind and you delete his posts. UNFAIR.

Oh btw...he happens to be pretty learned when it comes to movies.....so listen to what he says.
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Mayavi Morpheus » Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:30 am

Hey mods, can you do something about those irritating job ads. As if one thread is not enough they are starting several threads with the same ad.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by ZC » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:15 am

currently the mods r hibernating :)
ZEE: the Colossus
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Previous                

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests