Thursday, 18 April 2024 »  Login
in

New-Look Full hyderabad

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

New-Look Full hyderabad

by IdontDiscriminate » Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:47 am

Been absent for quite a while to this site and posting a message to let u all know that the new look is much better and more organized than the previous one.Keep up the good work.
IdontDiscriminate

Thanks!

by The fullhyd.com Team » Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:26 am

Thanks! We are trying to improve even further, and hope you enjoy all subsequent newer features!

Regards,

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by b. » Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:12 pm

hey terrific job.!! the new look is amazing, user friendly - for example before we used to post any msg that was on the top board whether we knew anything about the subject or not, I am sure it was upsetting for many readers.

now the new categorized segments will keep people in their favourite topics, so now I go only to mehfil and creativity.

but one thing I do miss ZC and anil...........

thanks to fullhyd.com....ha ha ......doston ku alag kar diya.

cheers.!!!
b.

Why do I have to login twice?

by JustaLittleUnwell » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:31 am

Moderator / FH Team,

The board is excellent (mandatory stmt) ;). However, I've to enter my username / password twice to successfully login. Is this the case with others also or is this a special requirement for me, for being a bit forthright in my initial feedback? ;)
JustaLittleUnwell

by The fullhyd.com Team » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:32 am

Dear JustALittleUnwell,

Thanks for calling the board excellent! About your logging in twice, has the problem been resolved? We faced the problem ourselves, and just waited for it to take care of itself - the code for this thing is now too huge to tinker with any more :). It doesn't happen to us anymore, so we're hoping it doesn't to you either.

You are wrong when you say that we harass people who are forthright in their feedback to us. We do not harass them - we just talk to our contacts in the underworld. They do all the harassing. We hope you've saved up enough, for they were talking of some 7-figure number, and they do not entertain any correspondence in this matter :).

Cheers

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by JustaLittleUnwell » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:26 pm

The fullhyd.com Team wrote:Dear JustALittleUnwell,
Thanks for calling the board excellent! About your logging in twice, has the problem been resolved? We faced the problem ourselves, and just waited for it to take care of itself - the code for this thing is now too huge to tinker with any more :). It doesn't happen to us anymore, so we're hoping it doesn't to you either.

Glad to hear that you are following CMM Level 5 compliant software processes in FullHyd :) The problem still exists for me. Maybe it's just that your code is a Doors fan and expects people to do it twice - "one for tomorrow, one just for tonight" :)

The fullhyd.com Team wrote:You are wrong when you say that we harass people who are forthright in their feedback to us. We do not harass them - we just talk to our contacts in the underworld. They do all the harassing. We hope you've saved up enough, for they were talking of some 7-figure number, and they do not entertain any correspondence in this matter .

By 'contacts in the underworld' I hope you are not referring to Ms.Deepa Menon - the Crouching Tiger / Hidden Dragon of FH ;) 7-figure number???? I was hoping to retire this year - looks like i've to work for another 10 years (if I live that long i.e.).[/quote]
JustaLittleUnwell

Knock, Knock! Anybody home?

by JustaLittleUnwell » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:31 pm

Hi Moderator,

I take it that you aren't going to rectify the 'login twice' problem :)

I also wanted to point out a security loophole (if it can be called one i.e.):

Pls dont invoke the underworld for saying these things. I just dont have the money :)
JustaLittleUnwell

by Mayavi Morpheus » Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:55 am

You beat me to the post. I observed this on the first day itself.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Thanks!

by The fullhyd.com Team » Sat Jan 17, 2004 8:47 pm

Dear JustALittleUnwell,

Thank you very much for pointing out the bug - we've rectified it. We had to edit your post for obvious reasons, as you'll understand. No, we didn't call the underworld on this one - they know only one way of fixing bugs!

Cheers,

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

Re: Thanks!

by JustaLittleUnwell » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:32 am

The fullhyd.com Team wrote:No, we didn't call the underworld on this one - they know only one way of fixing bugs!

That was smart :) But i'll ignore it in any case ;)
JustaLittleUnwell

by shaikh » Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:59 pm

Sir,

need ur attention

there is a board 'hole in heart' in the Mehfil.

maybe if you place this in the top 2 or 3 boards such as planet, ask hydis, and announcements, then the visibility will shoot up and more chances of the viewers to respond.

thanks.
shaikh

by Cool-Not-Cold » Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:26 pm

We browse through the boards with out logging in ... and find there is a topic we might want to add to .. prompts us to login but as soon as we login we are directed to the discussion home page instead of the topic where we wanted to post a message. Taking into the consideration that the pages take so long to load it kinda acts as a dampener .... to navigate manually to the desired topic.

Would be helpful if after the login we could automatically be redirected to the topic ....

Of course all this is holds good if the user doesnt want to be automatically signed in everytime he/she visits.
Cool-Not-Cold

by The fullhyd.com Team » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:26 pm

Dear Cool-Not-Cold,

Thanks for pointing that out. While that problem is not solved yet (we know why it is happening, but need time to fix it), we have done something to resolve the other problem that you spoke about - the slow downloading. Do let us know if the download is a little faster now.

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

Logging in TWICE

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:01 am

hi there!

the problem of logging in twice still persists...but not always.

I noticed it when i am tried to log in first time in a day. In later attempts (even after closing and reopening the browser), the login happened in the first time itself.

Is this some cookie related problem?
CtrlAltDel

Re: Logging in TWICE

by JustaLittleUnwell » Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:36 am

CtrlAltDel wrote:hi there!
Is this some cookie related problem?

I dont think so. You'll need a cookie if you want to log the user in without needing him/her to enter username & password. In the scenario where the user supplies the username and password, there's no need for the system to consult a cookie again.

FH, pls don't put any cookies on my system. I'm not a fan of them, especially the soft variety. I dont mind the hard variety though, once a while.
JustaLittleUnwell

by The fullhyd.com Team » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:20 am

Dear CtrlAltDel and JustALittleUnwell,

The reason we are unable to fix that problem is that it does not happen at our workstations. It's rather random. It did happen to us a few times about 3 weeks back, but hasn't since. So there's no way for us to test. It's weird, and we're sorry about it.

An option (of course, if you are working on a machine of your own) is to check the option to log in automatically.

We do use cookies once in a while, but only when absolutely necessary. They expire as soon as your session is over. The login, though, is purely session functions.

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by The fullhyd.com Team » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:41 pm

Cool-Not-Cold wrote:We browse through the boards with out logging in ... and find there is a topic we might want to add to .. prompts us to login but as soon as we login we are directed to the discussion home page instead of the topic where we wanted to post a message. Taking into the consideration that the pages take so long to load it kinda acts as a dampener .... to navigate manually to the desired topic.

Would be helpful if after the login we could automatically be redirected to the topic...
Dear Cool-Not-Cold:

We've rectified this problem - thanks for pointing it out!

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by Cool-Not-Cold » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:16 pm

Works just fine now!
Cool-Not-Cold

by The fullhyd.com Team » Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:47 am

shaikh wrote:Sir,

need ur attention

there is a board 'hole in heart' in the Mehfil.

maybe if you place this in the top 2 or 3 boards such as planet, ask hydis, and announcements, then the visibility will shoot up and more chances of the viewers to respond.

thanks.

Dear Shaikh,

We've done this. Sorry for the delay, that needed some tech... Cheers!

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by Mayavi Morpheus » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:41 am

Hey mods, I have two questions:

1. Why is there no members list in this software? FH boasts of 1000's of registered users but I cant see the members list! :twisted: :lol: :?:

2. Why is the feature "Find all posts by user" returns no results? It worked well in the beginning.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Login Twice!

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:10 pm

The fullhyd.com Team wrote:The reason we are unable to fix that problem is that it does not happen at our workstations.

guys...as someone from software industry i can understand this reason. its considered one of the classic excuses of developers: ...But it works on my machine! :D

It still continues and there has to be some solution for this. Why dont you guys go to some computer away from office and try logging in first thing in the morning.

like i told u before, all attempts at logging after the first login for the day, works fine.
CtrlAltDel

by The fullhyd.com Team » Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:52 pm

Mayavi Morpheus wrote:Hey mods, I have two questions:

1. Why is there no members list in this software? FH boasts of 1000's of registered users but I cant see the members list! :twisted: :lol: :?:

2. Why is the feature "Find all posts by user" returns no results? It worked well in the beginning.

Dear Mayavi,

Thanks for pointing this out. We've rectified the "Find all posts by user" part. As for a memberlist, it is against the privacy policy of fullhyd.com. Cheers!

Regards,

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by Mayavi Morpheus » Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:03 am

Ok mods, another question. Why cant I edit my posts in some threads (Hyd planet for example), while I can edit posts in some (This thread) and edit and delete my posts in some other threads.

Thanks for pointing this out. We've rectified the "Find all posts by user" part. As for a memberlist, it is against the privacy policy of fullhyd.com. Cheers!

Thanks to that, I just found out that I have made 454 posts to date! :mrgreen:

And as a good will gesture I want to give you a small piece of info, you have violated your own privacy policy. Figure out. :mrgreen: I donot agree with your privacy policy, so I am not going to tell you how you violated it :mrgreen:
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by The fullhyd.com Team » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:12 pm

Mayavi Morpheus wrote:And as a good will gesture I want to give you a small piece of info, you have violated your own privacy policy. Figure out. :mrgreen: I donot agree with your privacy policy, so I am not going to tell you how you violated it :mrgreen:

Dear Mayavi:

We know. But that requires enormous patience and willpower, and, besides, the users have complete power over what others see of them, so it's okay. Theoretically, a user can make sure that no one can see anything about him except his login name, and we're aren't that paranoid about people knowing just login names of our users - that isn't a violation of privacy policy. As for people being able to click the link saying "Find all posts by this user", only posts that he's agreed to disclose his identity with will be shown. Cheers!

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by Mayavi Morpheus » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:33 am

Thanks for the response, but my first question was unanswered. I repeat: Why cant I edit/delete my posts in some threads, while I can do the same in other threads.

Regarding privacy policy, I dont mind personal information and number of posts being hidden, but I dont like multiple handles. Personally I like single handle - login name or user name - whichever is preferred, since that way I will know who I am replying to. If different handles are used by same person, there is no way I will know who I am talking to. Afterall the discussion board is a place for different personalities meet and express their views on issues, and if you dont know who is saying what, then it becomes difficult for postors to cultivate friendship.

I know this aint democracy and its your forum, but my sincere request is that a poll be conducted and then change the software according to users wishes :)
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Next         

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests