Wednesday, 17 April 2024 »  Login
in

Some bugs reports and suggestions

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Some bugs reports and suggestions

by vivek » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:05 am

The new BB is great to use and its faster. But heres what i face many times

1. When i browse through a forum in which i am (auto) logged in, read the contents and click 'reply', the link takes me back to forum home! When i navigate again to the forum and repeat the process, it works! I sure i am clicking the right buttons! But this some how happens often. Is there some sorta 'time -out'.

2. Since many of us post in forums in various topic, you guys can place some sorta 'quick links' box giving direct links to the last five forums we participated in. I am sure this can be worked out.

3. Place regular fullhyd links in forum home page.
http://www.wiredbeats.com - Download Attitude for Free!

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Re: Some bugs reports and suggestions

by Mayavi Morpheus » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:18 pm

vivek wrote:The new BB is great to use and its faster. But heres what i face many times

2. Since many of us post in forums in various topic, you guys can place some sorta 'quick links' box giving direct links to the last five forums we participated in. I am sure this can be worked out.

You can click on "Find all posts" on top right corner of the discussions home page (second option). It will take you to all the threads in which you posted. You can also track the replies in threads in which you post. That option can be enabled in your profile. You will be intimated by email.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by vivek » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:21 pm

Ya that works. Wonder why did't i see that link!

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Re: Some bugs reports and suggestions

by The fullhyd.com Team » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:04 pm

vivek wrote:The new BB is great to use and its faster. But heres what i face many times

3. Place regular fullhyd links in forum home page.

Dear Vivek:

2. There is a time-out. Does this problem happen in the first 5 minutes or so?

3. We will - the whole of fullhyd.com is changing, and in the new version we'll iron out all look-and-feel issues.

Thanks a lot for pointing these out. Cheers!

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
The fullhyd.com Team

by vivek » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:58 pm

Ya it happens every first time i click on the reply. Meaning, if i reply and disconnect the machine from the net, then reconnect, it happens. I was thinking it has something to do with IP changing and faulty cookie issues. But, other phpBB users are not facing this problem. So its not about 5 minutes.

Another thing i wanted to suggest was, keep changing the boards list in homepage regularly. There is a specific reason. Since the present version is pushing good boards into catagories, there has to be a way to inform visitors about the good boards in each of these sections. This has to be done often.

Try that atleast half the number of new boards created each day are featured in the homepage atleast for few hours.

Also try to have blogs, these are in fashion!

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by The fullhyd.com Team » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:32 am

Dear Vivek:

We're developing blogs. Please give us a couple of weeks.

Regards

The fullhyd.com Team
Last edited by kishore on Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The fullhyd.com Team

great

by vivek » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:12 pm

great, i am gonna have one. Perhaps the first one.

How will it end?
vivek
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests