Friday, 19 April 2024 »  Login
in

A referendum on the future of these boards

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Do you think what the author suggests will do some good?

Aye
75%
Nay
25%

Total votes : 16

A referendum on the future of these boards

by Habitual Perfectionist » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:54 am

I gave a very serious thought to CrackedNut's poser yesterday. What he said made a lot of sense. But at the same time, we need to have fun too at times. Spammers have added a new dimension to these boards - the only hitch is that it went overboard in the last couple of weeks.

This is something I thought would keep both sides happy and yet enrich the overall posting experience on the boards. Let's have a forum called something like Free for all or Graffiti. Let this forum house all threads with such mindless posting. Keep the threads in this forum out of the Hot Topics. This should take care of both sides. People wanting serious discussions can have them and at the same time, people who have fun posting those silly things can keep doing what they've done.

I know that this will not solve the issue entirely, but atleast it'll be the start of some discipline within the posters.
In un foro nella terra, viva un hobbit
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:19 am

a seperate forum for mindless spam is a good idea.
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by akhilis2cool » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:53 am

the thing is crackednut doesnt frequent this boards (as far as posts go) as much as we do.

its rather surprising that people have taken his message so seriously.....

wats wrong with a spam here and there? are v here only to have serious discussions?

theres no need for a seperate forum guys.....jisko jo likhna hai woh llikhe.....people wanting serious discussions shld post serious topics....i am sure the members will make good posts over there.
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
I used to care, but things have changed.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by Jaszalcatraz » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:59 am

akhilis2cool wrote:the thing is crackednut doesnt frequent this boards (as far as posts go) as much as we do.

Are you suggesting that people with high post counts are the only ones who frequent these boards?

akhilis2cool wrote:its rather surprising that people have taken his message so seriously.....

Would you rather take someone seriously just because he has over 900 posts but has never posted anything sensible here?

I never suggested that we stop spamming entirely, i just think people should spam in moderation. Another thing that pissed me off was that there were certain people who had never participated in a serious discussion but would spam on the threads where a perfect discussion was going on. This lead to many "copycats" who would also spam making the whole thread very silly.
Jaszalcatraz
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by -:-PhAT-:- » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:28 pm

OMG...i feel like SPAMMER!!!

imma stop postin RANDOM CRAP...(stingrae's wrds)...

if i post...will stick to the topic...

ohh..btw...finally saw lakeer..

john abraham looks sooooooooo HOTT....

his dimplezz....omg..

even tho half his face is covered w/blood...he doesnt look nasty like someone else in his place wud hav....

***Ooo..u kno we need yoO..Ooo u kno we need yoO..ryt here is where we need yoO..ryt here is where we need yoO..***
-:-PhAT-:-

by black wizard » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:32 pm

-:-PhAT-:- wrote:ohh..btw...finally saw lakeer..
john abraham looks sooooooooo HOTT....
his dimplezz....omg..
even tho half his face is covered w/blood...he doesnt look nasty like someone else in his place wud hav....

***Ooo..u kno we need yoO..Ooo u kno we need yoO..ryt here is where we need yoO..ryt here is where we need yoO..***

^^^^^ isnt all that way way off topic?

offtopic=spam (well...most of the time)
I ran into my ex-girlfriend the other day... I backed up and ran into her again... I miss her sometimes...
black wizard
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by -:-PhAT-:- » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:36 pm

i knoooooo...

can't help it tho...

oh well..will try..not to..

***m soo mad..i can punch me in my face***
-:-PhAT-:-

by Mayavi Morpheus » Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:47 pm

From now on spammers will be rewarded with this

Beware Image
May the Fries be with you!
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by Steffi » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:21 am

hey mayavi... where did get those emoticons :?:
Steffi

by Mayavi Morpheus » Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:26 am

May the Fries be with you!
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by akhilis2cool » Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:34 pm

Jaszalcatraz wrote:
Are you suggesting that people with high post counts are the only ones who frequent these boards?

no.
but the thing is if u want serious discussions then post serious topics.

akhilis2cool wrote:its rather surprising that people have taken his message so seriously.....

Jaszalcatraz wrote:Would you rather take someone seriously just because he has over 900 posts but has never posted anything sensible here?

no way.....as far as i know there were only 2-4 threads where people used to spam...the rest were discussions.
People are crazy, at times are strange. I am locked-in tight, I am out of range.
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by Stingrae » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:45 pm

Jaszalcatraz wrote:
akhilis2cool wrote:the thing is crackednut doesnt frequent this boards (as far as posts go) as much as we do.

ya dat was a pretty doofus-ish comment...considerin that the best-posters around here in terms of content r mostly in d lower-range in terms of PC...akhil jus see Who is Online n u'll have an idea...the ppl who post aren't d only ppl on d boards....

Jaszalcatraz wrote:Would you rather take someone seriously just because he has over 900 posts but has never posted anything sensible here?

u suggesting somethin bro? :?

-:-PhAT-:- wrote:imma stop postin RANDOM CRAP...(stingrae's wrds)...
if i post...will stick to the topic...

did some1 mention moi's name? :mrgreen:

akhilis2cool wrote:no.
but the thing is if u want serious discussions then post serious topics.
....no way.....as far as i know there were only 2-4 threads where people used to spam...the rest were discussions.

there were some really nice topics posted which are now buried under the mountain of spammin....:|

it ain't jus 2-4 threads man...its almost 7 outta 10 threads on the main page...the problem with spammin in so many threads is that d ole(good) threads tend to get buried...i agree wit HP's view that d "spammin threads" as such be given their own lil playground....

imagine d n00b who joins to find every1 havin vague convs or zimbly postin one-liners....

i accept that i myself am totally guily of all d allegations above... :mrgreen: ...but dis if FUN!! :D
I know I'm in there somewhere, and if I don't come out with my hands up, I'm going to go in there and get me!
http://payne.fullhydblogs.com
Stingrae
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by akhilis2cool » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:22 pm

Stingrae wrote:
Jaszalcatraz wrote:

ya dat was a pretty doofus-ish comment...considerin that the best-posters around here in terms of content r mostly in d lower-range in terms of PC...akhil jus see Who is Online n u'll have an idea...the ppl who post aren't d only ppl on d boards.....

*eats back his words* burrrp :D
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by Stingrae » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:59 pm

I'm glad we concur on that. :-)
I know I'm in there somewhere, and if I don't come out with my hands up, I'm going to go in there and get me!
Stingrae
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by akhilis2cool » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:30 am

kya bhai no want stot discuss in this thread?
akhilis2cool
God!
God!

by Bigmouth » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:34 pm

I am one of the very few guy's who just read the boards .. never bother posting, but I do agree with HP on what he said.

And again .. it's basicly in the hands of the ppl who view. a Perfect example is this very thread !!

One guy start's a number game .. everyone follows suit. (No offence to the "High-rankers" here) nothing wrong with any side .. as long as the posts remain clean and sensible. Spamming was fun for the first few days or so ... nothing beyond that.

Solution ?
Bigmouth

by Stingrae » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:44 pm

i like this...Bigmouth is using his right to..umm..write.

wat an occasion for d DBs!! :shock:
Stingrae
Level 2 Star User
Level 2 Star User

by Habitual Perfectionist » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:18 am

Stingrae wrote:i like this...Bigmouth is using his right to..umm..write.

wat an occasion for d DBs!! :shock:

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I'm so happy he chose my thread for the honour.

Jokes apart, thanks for the support Bigmouth.
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by CtrlAltDel » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:38 am

hey HP, whens the next volume of Perfectspeak out?
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Habitual Perfectionist » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:06 pm

Perfectspeak comes out by monday evening US time. There was a delay last time around as I was handicapped by Sonic Firewall but the issue is resolved now.
Habitual Perfectionist
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests