Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

Ban the SIO

Seriously, try us. fullhyd.com's editors and moderators are extremely friendly and helpful, and don't act important. If you praise us, that's also okay.

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Why should the SIO not be banned?

Because I am against whatever the devil says. It has to be bad if he says it.
No votes
Because I am out of my mind and I cannot make out sense from nonsense.
No votes
Because I am a klutz. My mental faculties are not developed enough to make full-fledged posts.
100%

Total votes : 2

Ban the SIO

by Lucifer » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:52 pm

Here is a thought. Mods, why don't we ban the SIO and see if the posts on the DBs get better in quantity and quality? I find that people prefer lurking in there to making posts.

The very purpose of a forum is to provide a medium where people discuss what they feel strongly, or otherwise, about. Why not leave the chat features to Yahoo and the rest who have the market anyway?
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by Sharjeel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:53 pm

I think its cute. And useful.
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by ycr007 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:06 am

Comeon!!! The SIO Is more Like an Informal Chatroom.And Inspite of its Timelag,People Post there shows that How Important it is.

And I Think it is About time that People Stop Cribbing about the Quality of Discussions and wherez th Discussions Headed and all that Stuff.It Has Been Discussed Enough times and Now That too is Becoming Monotonous.For Devil's Sake,We Can't Have an Opinion and Each n Everything.And There are Already Some,if Not Many,Good Discussions Going On.And The Posts there Show the Seriousness of the Posters.I Feel that Complaining about the Quality of the Posts Would be an Indirect Insult to those Posters.I Agree that I belong to the Bad Lot Who Does'nt Make Sensible or Meaningful Posts.Maybe I am the Baddest of the Lot.But That Does'nt Stop me From Returning to the Forum Every Day and Read the most Interesting Topics and Continue Spamming Evrywhere Else!!!

Pray,Why Should the SIO be Sacrificed For What is Essentially A Sort of Malady Born out of Incessant Spammers Like Me? I don't Man to Sound Rude or Anything But I Feel itz High Tim We Stopped Moaning abt th Lack of Quality on the Forums.

It is In Us users Hands & to be Honest, I For One,Did Try A Wee Bit (Notice that,A Wee Bit,Not Much) to Increase th Quality & Matrialability of My Posts.And Seing That I am too Bad at it,I have revrtd Back to Being Myself and not 'Acting' or 'Playing up th part' of SOmeon Whom I ain't!! As Simple as that.
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by Lucifer » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:16 am

First, let me clear the air here, once and for all. I have not stated anywhere in this thread that I have something against the quality of the posts on this forum. I just said we could improve it, and anything can be improved. :D

Second, ycr, no offence, but you were not around a year or so ago when the discussions boards were at their best. CAD, and a few others should be able to recall those days when spamming was done with utmost caution and every off topic remark was made with great thought behind it. And whenever something like that was done, it was mainly to bring in some humour or break up an argument that got too heated.

Why I have singled the SIO out is because during the time that I speak of the SIO was just a place where people 'shouted it out', as it is meant to be done. It was not used as a chat medium. People just said something aloud and moved on. Disscusions happened on the threads.

There is a time and a place for everything. I think we should realise that.
Nothing travels faster than light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
-- Douglas Adams
http://artfilm.fullhydblogs.com/
Lucifer
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

Re: Ban the SIO

by kk » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:31 am

Lucifer wrote:Here is a thought. Mods, why don't we ban the SIO and see if the posts on the DBs get better in quantity and quality? I find that people prefer lurking in there to making posts.

The very purpose of a forum is to provide a medium where people discuss what they feel strongly, or otherwise, about. Why not leave the chat features to Yahoo and the rest who have the market anyway?

I would prefer chatting with acquaintances/ strangers of FH members than any other stranger lurking in Y! chat rooms. So a special chat provision for FH members is going to be an added fun. However, the SIO in its present shape isn't very accessible. A full fledged chat room with features like any typical chat in conjunction with the existing DB is an optimal solution. Chat and discussion hold different perspectives and both should exist.
kk

by CtrlAltDel » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:58 am

i think SiO can be replaced with a good chat room....
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by 3 T'z » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:47 pm

CtrlAltDel wrote:i think SiO can be replaced with a good chat room....

Then u wont find anyone postin...all will b chit chattin :wink:

Lucifer wantz da SIO to b banned n u ppl r talkin bout a chat room :D
Ahh...wHo Da BlOoDy HelL...CaReZ..!?!
3 T'z
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by daisy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:52 pm

NOOOOO we need SIO or else I will be banned for a week 4 times a month :lol:
Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to. :D
daisy
Level 3 Star User
Level 3 Star User

by san » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:43 pm

I have recently had thoughts along the lines of banning... not SIO but people going off to chat on messengers. People seem to be getting along fine off the db and maybe that explains recent lack of activity on db...

;)
san
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

by Sharjeel » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:44 pm

SIO was made to ensure that we generally see meaningful posts on the boards; and all Hollos, goodbye, banter, chitchat done on the SIO. If the SIO were to be done away with, we would all be stuffing the boards with the 'stupid' banter that used to be on the SIO.

Me was an active member of only one other forum, a very no-nonsense MA one, and it had a separate chat room (called 'lounge room') for members to use. It ensured that the posts on forums were on topic. It even counted the number of 'lounge room' posts.

The reason for the decay in the quality of the boards is not the SIO; in fact it helps...
"Consequences, shmonsequences! So long as I'm rich!" - Daffy Duck.
Sharjeel
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Return to Comments, Feedback And Requests