Thursday, 23 May 2024 »  Login
in

Build Happy Earth Links!

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Thank You, "Xy"!

by HH » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:50 pm

xylocaine wrote:Hey HH you most of time give us a newspaper full of inofo, though some of the writings you provide are sensible...

I just do a save as and read them later and are good... but my net is a Sify package that doesnt allow me a full freedom so I do read off line big articles like that ... anywaz good work...

Thank You, "Xy"!

You Have Made My Day ... My Sunday, Thank You!

----------

----------

:) :!: :idea: :arrow:
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Chhutti Janan Honda Hai!

by HH » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:04 pm

*Chhutti Janan Honda Hai!

Once a fauji asked for an urgent leave for a week from his commander, who retorted what are U talking... leave at such a time when there is war already going on with Pakistan...question does not arise. On persisting demand from fauji he said that only on one condition that if he conquers one Pakistani tank in that case he can be permitted. Next day in the morning fauji drove back a Pakistani tanker........ Commander was amazed to see Pakistani tanker in his control but asked fauji how it happened.... fauji replied ..Sahab ji Pakistani faujian nein vi te chhutti janan honda hai.... sadi unna de naal mutual understanding hai....and he was allowed leave.

* Prompt STD Service ...

There was this frequent user of an STD PCO at a popular mall, and was greatly inconvenienced when the phone went out of commission. Repeated requests for repair brought only promises.

After several days, the phone company was again contacted and told that there was no longer a rush. The phone was now working fine--except that all money was being returned upon completion of each call.

A repairman arrived within the hour!

- Caravan.com / 201 & 202

---------------------

---------------------

:P :!:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: Chhutti Janan Honda Hai!

by HH » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:20 pm

*President’s Ten Commandments:

* President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam laid down on the 55th Republic Day Ten Commands for Students:

1. Excel in Studies

2. Plant 10 Saplings

3. Educate 10 Illiterate People

4. Lead a Righteous Life

5. Bring Back to Life at least Five People who are addicted to Drugs and Alcohol

6. Celebrate Nation’s Victory and Festivals

7. Be Honest and Work Towards a Corruption-Free society

8. Alleviate Suffering of the Poor

9. Show Concern for Physically Challenged

10. Don’t Support any Religion / Language Difference.

Some Follow-Ups:

# MV Prakash, a Second Year B Tech Student of Computer Science of Ayan CE, has planted 10 Saplings and educated 10 Illiterates. He is quite optimistic that India will become a Developed Nation before 2020, he also wants to carry forward the Research in Artificial Intelligence to help the Physically Challenged. “Kalam’s Teachings have changed my Life drastically,” he says.

# The Lead India Foundation will introduce 250 College Students like Prakash to the President during his Visit to Hyderabad on 14 July. The Foundation claims to have taken Kalam’s Ten Comments Commandments to One Lakh Students in a Year.

# The President will launch a web portal devoted to his Teachings, developed by the Foundation. Governor Surjit Singh Barnala will release a Special Course Material on Human Values devised by the Foundation to promote Kalam’s Teachings. – TNIE / CE, 14 July 2004, p 1.

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

10 Missions To Help the Poor in AP

by HH » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:34 pm

10 Missions To Help the Poor in AP

President APJ Abdul Kalam addressed the Members of AP Assembly and proposed 10 Missions for Technologies to help the Poor in AP. These Missions are in the Fields of Agriculture, Energy, Education, Drinking Water, Health Care and Weather Monitoring. - TNIE, 15 July 2004, p 1.

----------

:) :idea:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

"All-in-All" “Allu” Passes Away

by HH » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:27 pm

* "All-in-All" “Allu” Passes Away

"All-in-All", Eighty Two Year Old “Allu” - Allu Ramalingaiah - died at a Private Hospital 30 July Night. A ‘Padmasri’ and ‘Raghupati Venkaiah Awardee’, Allu had acted in 1032 Films. He began his Acting Career with “Puttillu” in 1952. – TNIE, 31 July 2004, p 1.

----------

:(
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

IT Fleeing from Bangalore ... Hyderabad ... Next?!

by HH » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:32 am

[color=red]IT Fleeing from Bangalore ... Hyderabad ... Next?! /color]

Why are IT firms fleeing Bangalore?

[ THURSDAY, JULY 29, 2004 06:16:16 PM ]

Is it the end of Infotech industry's honeymoon with Bangalore? High attrition rate and poor infractructure are making IT majors rethink their expension plans in the Garden City

NEW DELHI: The first few things that come up when we talk of Bangalore are the 24x7 work and leisure culture of the bubbling city, the modern IT work stations of some of the most respected names in the IT space, the young face of the desi Silicon Valley, the gyrating discotheques and the swinging pubs. Is Bangalore the ultimate identity of a modern, tech-savvy and GenX India?

Well the fact is that two of the biggest scions of Indian IT world who helped Bangalore to steal international headline have conflicting views on Bangalore's present and future though they seem to cherish the city's past. Azim Premji seemed frustrated by Bangalore's poor infrastructure, high rates of employee attrition and fat salary bills as he followed up his company's result to say that Wipro's future investments would be made outside Bangalore for "there are opportunities outside Karnataka where talent is available, infrastructure is better and wages are lower".

But the Infosys think-tank NR Narayanamurthy was not a happy person to digest this outburst against the city that cradled and realised his dreams of setting up the biggest IT conglomerate of the country. Murthy said: "There is no need to get agitated. I am confident that all problems can be solved through discussions. If the government specifies what it wants from the industry, Infosys will be the first to do it. The industry and the government can work together for a better Bangalore."

Though Murthy seems to see the sunny side of Bangalore, the reality remains that the garden city where the average temperature never used go beyond 25c is in one of the worst stages of climatic transition with pollution choking the breath out of Bangloreites. Water scarcity, power failures and a very industry unfriendly work culture are driving IT and BPO firms like Wipro, iGate and MphasiS to look towards cities like Chennai, Hyderabad and even Hubli, to expand operations.

However, it is unlikely that these bigwigs are moving out to other destinations just for these reasons, the undertone to this migration seems to be the rising competition. Around 200 MNCs present in Bangalore are luring the talent away from Indian IT bellwethers with better salaries and truly international work culture and exposure. Some of the MNCs have been sending the salary structure of the city topsy-turvy, offering 150 per cent jump in salaries at the junior and middle levels and up to 300 per cent hikes at senior levels.

TG Ramesh, head of BPO operations of iGate says that the attrition rate is almost 25 per cent higher in Bangalore compared to other cities and iGate is looking at Chennai and Hyderabad as possible sites for future expansion. Most of the IT heads are of the view that the IT pros will be on the losing end in the long run shifting to MNCs that are mostly doing back office job unlike the Indian firms that concentrate on software development and programming work and offer long standing employees with stock options also.

But as Murthy is bullish on Bangalore so is Nandan Nilekeni, his partner in Infosys. The company believes that Indian firms should touch international standards not only in services provided but also in salaries and contribution to the city in which it is based. Nandan Nilekani, who headed the Bangalore Agenda Task Force for five years is stressing on private-public participation to improve civic amenities.

So, is it the end of Infotech industry's honeymoon with Bangalore? Either way it may be good for the Indian economy as this will help localisation of the IT sector which becoming more and more concentrated to a few hubs.

--------------

From "indiatimes"

--------------

:? :arrow:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

‘Wedding And More’!

by HH » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:52 pm

* ‘Wedding And More’!

Meet Priyanka G Allahavadi. She opened ‘Wedding And More’ Three Years ago. Till date she has planned 187 Weddings, Birthday Parties and other Events. Priyanka takes care of everything for her Clients, from Purchasing Gifts through Providing Food to Arranging Baratis. She has about regular Employees and 1,000 on Contract. “She Worships Work.” - TNIE / CE, 3 Aug 2004, p 1.

-----------

8) :P :idea: :arrow:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Bhukti’ Trains & Places the Jobless!

by HH » Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:59 pm

* Bhukti’ Trains & Places the Jobless!

‘Bhukti’ – Livelihood Scheme of the Commissionerate of Employment and Training – offers Short-Term Job-Oriented Programmes of 1 to 3 Months’ Duration for the Unemployed. It also provides Placement to Eligible Candidates. The Courses include Screen Printing (1 Mth), TV Mechanism (3 Mths) and Beautician Course (3 Mths). – TNIE / CE, 5 Aug 2004, p 1.

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

"Powdered" America!

by HH » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:07 pm

* "Powdered" America!

A father from "Punjab" is visiting his son in America for the very first time. They are at the local supermarket going up and down the aisles.

Dad: "eh ki hai!, powdered orange juice?"

Son: "Yeah, Dad. You just add a little water, and you have fresh orange juice!"

A few minutes later, in a different aisle the father says:

"uyee....hun eh ki hai....which says, powdered milk?"

Son: "Yeah, Dad. You just add a little water, and you have fresh milk!"

A few minutes later, in a different aisle the father says:

"Mundaya.... give look here!!! Baby Powder! what a country! Inhaan ne te sara kuch hi powder da bana chadiyaa!"

– Caravan.com.

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Seven “Economic Zones” & BIMARU!

by HH » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:12 pm

* Seven “Economic Zones” & BIMARU!

* Seven “Economic Zones” for Development: President Kalam

President Kalam suggested to the Chief Ministers’ Conclave organised by “India Today” on 7 Aug at New Delhi, to ensure all-round Development of the Country through Attention to Seven “Economic Zones” in the Country. He described Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Orissa (BIMARU) as ‘Sick’ States with 35 Crore Population needing urgent attention. He exhorted: “Every CM is the CEO of the State … The Nation is above all of us. Let us all work towards Nation Building.”

The President recommended in the Gangetic Plain construction of “Layered Wells” at the Entry Points of River Kosi from Nepal. These wells will store the Flood-Water at different levels and control the devastating effects on Low-Lying Areas. The Water thus stored will be useful during shortage period, he said. – Eenadu, 7 Aug 2004, p 1 & 2, and TNIE, 7 Aug 2004, p 9.

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

The Wise Woman's Stone - Precious Kindness

by HH - Precious Kindness » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:57 pm

* The Wise Woman's Stone - Precious Kindness

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone."

"The Wise Woman's Stone"

Author Unknown

-----------

Visit: http://www.inspirationpeak.com/kindness.html

-----------

HH - Precious Kindness
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Scientist Develops Eatable Wrapper

by HH » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:18 pm

* Scientist Develops Eatable Wrapper

Dr Yanyun Zhao, a Food Technologist at Oregon State University, helped develop a Cling Film to keep Food Fresh but “can also be eaten”. Used in Liquid Form, it can also be sprayed on Fresh Foods such as Fruit to keep them fresh. It could be used as a film to Wrap Foods or dipped to Coat Foods and it could also be Enriched with Nutrients. - SC, 8 Aug 2004, p 14.

-----------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Food ... Fodder For You!!

by HH » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:34 pm

* Food ... Fodder For You!

One afternoon a leader was riding in his big car when he saw two men along the roadside eating grass. Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop and he got out to investigate. He asked one man, "Why are you eating grass?" "We don't have any money for food," the poor man replied. "We have to eat grass." "Well, then, you can come with me to my house and I'll feed you" the leader said. "But sir. I have a wife and two children with me. They are over there, under that tree." "Bring them along," the lawyer replied. Turning to the other poor man he stated, "You come with us also." The second man, in a pitiful voice then said, "But sir, I also have a wife and three children with me!" "Bring them all, as well," the leader answered. They all entered the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine was. Once underway, one of the poor fellows turned to the leader and said, "Sir, you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you." The leader replied, "Glad to do it. You'll really love my place; the grass is almost a foot high!” – Caravan.com.

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Crows of Bhopal

by HH » Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:21 am

* Crows of Bhopal!

It was a bright winter month of January at Bhopal and I was still in bed at 6.30 am in the morning. The steady “caw caw” sound of crows broke my slumber. I came out of my bedroom to the adjacent west-facing verandah. To my surprise I found that all the trees in my garden and those bordering the road outside were full of crows. It reminded me the scene from the film The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock.

I finished my morning chores and started getting ready for work; and found that the crows were still arriving in flocks towards my garden from all directions. They were flying across my garden and the decibel level of their cawing was steadily rising. It appeared as though there was going to be some grim meeting among the crows. I had read somewhere that the crows are highly intelligent and social creatures. I inquired from the gardeners about the congregation of crows. One of the gardeners replied that something grave might have happened to this community, so others were flying in to show their solidarity. I was quite impressed by this reason as we rarely find this type of community feeling now a day in human beings. Any way it was time for me to go to the factory so I left the house.

When I came back for lunch I found that there was quite a crowd in my garden and the crows have vanished like magic. I was puzzled and inquired from my wife the reason of disappearance of crows and the crowd in the garden. She eagerly explained that there was cobra on the mango tree digesting a freshly swallowed frog. That mango tree was having the communal roosting nest of crows, so when the snake climbed the tree to take time to digest the frog then these crows felt threatened for their roosting eggs in the communal nest so the gathering of crows was there to drive that snake away. Finally this snake was noticed by one of the gardeners and a local snake catcher was called to catch the snake. The crowd what I saw was the snake catcher proudly standing there with his prize catch. As the snake was caught so the threat on the communal nest was removed, so all those visiting crows have flown back to their respective places.

The whole incident threw a new light on crows that otherwise I used to treat as scavenger bird. Once I had read about a crow raised by a British bird behaviorist. One day, as the woman was about to walk her dog Fido, she suddenly remembered something she had to do. Dropping the leash, she went into the house. Upon returning, she found that the crow has taken the end of the leash in its mouth, and was calmly taking Fido for a walk around the yard.

I wanted to know more about crows so took help of internet. Frank M Chapman the guru of modern ornithologists wrote in 1920 in his Hand Book of Birds of Eastern America about crows ...”there is a price on his head; every man’s hand is against him. Apparently he does not mind this in the least; in fact, he seems to rejoice being an outlaw. As for fear, I doubt if he knows what it means; he has far too much confidence in his undoubted ability to escape his human prosecutors.”

Biologists have noticed the beginning of a decline in other birds, but not in the crow. They are great survivors; they are incredibly adoptive in both food habits and behaviour. In America it is known as outlaw bird.

The rapid urbanization is causing depletion of trees and that causes the disappearance of birds but not crows. They can roost even on the roof top. In Bengali film Drishti; the crow has been described as citizen bird. The crows are constantly communicating with one another. This is a stratagem of their success. Their calls indicate danger, food, recognition and contact, these are critically important to the psyche of the species.

So next time when we see crow we must respect them for...

1. Communication skill

2. Communal roosting… by this no crow is an orphan, the community takes care of its young.

3. Adaptability…their survival instinct has made them multiply manifold under unfavorable situation.

4. In case of danger, the entire community gathers to confront the challenge.

– Caravan.com.

Visit: SN Roy- snroy@royclan.com

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

YSR ... KJR ... Knee Jerk Reactions of YSR!

by HH » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:08 pm

* Knee Jerk Reactions of YSR!

We see the KJRs of YSR and their "Deadly" effects, day in and day out:

- "Writing off Debts" / "Moratorium on Loans" of Farmers ... Farmers continue their suicides with the lure of Govt Assistance to their Kith & Kin ... Those effected should have been helped to gain from their efforts rather than being condemned to a pitiable plight.

- By the abvove, Banks / Other Lenders will not dare to help the future Farmers of AP ... What will bw the KJR then of YSR :cry:

- KCR's pet parroting of Separate "T" should have been discouraged at the beginning itself due to their divergent thinking ... One wants immediate Separation the other says let a new SRC decide ... These KJRs have thrown the "Development" of the state out of gear ... Now only "Liabilities" may be there to share ... if ever it comes to that :evil:

- 1000 Pillar Mantapam at Tirumala ... Announce Something / Nullify ALL Earlier Work ... to keep just ONE Alive and mock the Many who support the TTD ... As their KJR should they also launch "Fasting Unto Death" Agitation Method ... People are unhappy, even Gods will be brought to their level :?

---------------------

---------------------

:?: :twisted:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Conserve Energy for the Positive Things of Life!

by HH » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:45 am

* Conserve Energy for the Positive Things of Life!

Thank You, snroy@royclan.com:

'.........I am right now reading a book called......THE MONK WHO SOLD HIS FERRARI............it is not about how to accumulate riches but is about one's own life........ finding the true purpose of life is more important.... the other day I came across a real incident.........an IIT, Kharagpur gold medalist has started an ashram in Deoghar and keeps himself in vedas .... I guess one has to decide the priority.........it is mind over body............I hope we realise that one should not get governed........then you get into the habit of reacting and wasting your positive energy.....conserve energy for the positive things of life....... '

---------------------

---------------------

:!: :idea:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

US to Occupy New Planet "Sedna" ... Beyond "P

by HH » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:24 pm

* US to Occupy New Planet "Sedna" ... Beyond "Pluto"

US Secretary of Offence Donald "Dr Strangelove" Rumsfeld has announced that preparations are being made to send US forces to a newly-discovered planet in the outer solar system.

Astronomers have detected what appears to be the Sun's tenth planet, which has been named "Sedna" after the Inuit goddess of the ocean. The planet appears to be about the same size as the ninth planet, Pluto, but orbits the sun at a much greater distance.

Speaking at a press conference in Washington this morning Mr Rumsfeld said that the occupation was in line with the Bush Doctrine of pre-emptive strikes to protect US interests.

"Do we believe this planet represents a threat?" he asked. "We just can't be sure," he replied, "as we don't know enough about it yet"

"But could it potentially be a threat," he continued. "Good golly, yes," he replied again. "Terrorism is insidious. For all we know al Qaeda already has a base there. Or it may have a life form that is, even as we speak, preparing to invade the USA. So we're not taking any chances."

He added that scientists believe Sedna may contain substantial mineral wealth and that it is likely to contain huge amounts of water in the form of ice. As a result, he said, Vice President Cheney has suggested to President Bush that an American company be given sole interplanetary rights to develop the planet's resources, and has recommended Halliburton, to which the president has agreed. "After all," said Mr Rumsfeld, "the planet was discovered by American scientists using American equipment, so that's only fair. And if old Europe protests, too bad."

Mildred K. Ramsbottom, a White House spokesperson, later told reporters that there is no truth in the rumour that President Bush was upset about the planet's name and that he thought it should be called Mickey. "We believe the president just got a little confused about where the name Pluto came from," she said. "When we explained, he just said 'OK' and went on reading his daily one page summary of world news."

---------------------

Visit: http://www.deadbrain.co.uk/news/article ... 5_1936.php

---------------------

---------------------

:!: :idea: :P :arrow:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Forward / Ahead!

by HH » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:41 am

Forward / Ahead!

* Road & Rail Train!

Railway Engineers of Patiala – Ludhiana have developed a “Train” that can run both on Road & Rail. Called the ‘Accident Relief Train’, officials claim it can help in any Railway Accident to put the Engine and the Bogies back on the Track and to repair the damaged Railway Lines. The Train has adequate space to store the necessary equipment. – TNIE, 21 Aug 2004, p 9.

* Gas Electricity-Generator

A Professor and his Student, of the IISc Bangalore, have devised a tiny Electrical Current by allowing Gas to pass over Semi-Conductors. “Gas flow energy can be directly converted into the Electrical Signal – thus having a potential for Applications in Generating Electricity,” the two claimed. It cost them only a few thousand rupees, to show that good science may be independent of large grants. Their innovation works on two commonplace principles called the “Bernoulli’s Principle” and the “Seebeck Effect”. Air can also be used instead of Gas, which means Wind Energy may be converted into Electrical Current without the use of Windmills and Turbines. Future Electrical Generators may be developed without moving parts. - TNIE, 17 Aug 2004, p 7.

* PCTVT … !

Raj Reddy (ex-HCU of Hyderabad), a Professor at Carnegie Mellon University at Pittsburgh, USA, has proposed a PCTVT, a wireless network Personal Computer, Television, Telephone and Videophone, costing just $ 250! This development is targeted at the Four Billion People who live on less than $ 2,000 a Year. - TNIE, 18 Aug 2004, p 1.

* Bangalore’s Bulk Junk is e-Waste …

“Every Year 30 p c of the Computers used by the Industry at Bangalore becomes Obsolete … The City generates 3,000 Tonnes of Waste Everyday and a chunk of it is e-Waste, including electrical and electronic equipment like Computer Systems and other Consumer Durables including Refrigerators, Televisions and Mobile Phones.” - TNIE, 18 Aug 2004, p 7.

* Forward / Ahead!

+ Slums & Surfing the Internet: Children of a Slum in New Delhi quickly taught themselves how to Surf the Internet, Read the News, and Download Games and Music … They used the High-Speed Computer embedded in a Wall adjacent to the Firm of Researcher Sugata Mitra. Mitra confirmed these results in other Locations also!

++ Be Positive: Seen Bob the Builder of POGO with his Eternal Philosophy – Can We Fix It? Yes We Can. Imbibe this Positive Attitude and Learn Team-Work! - TNIE / CE, 19 Aug 2004, p 2.

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

"Joyful" Jikki ... Lives In Her Songs!

by HH » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:43 pm

* Joyful Jikki …Lives Through Her Melodious Songs!

She began singing at 7 and went on singing till the Age of 70, when She left this “Jeevitame Safalamu” to Her Heavenly Abode. Her Memorable Songs include “Jeevitame Safalamu”, “Rajasekhara Neepai Moju Teeraleduraa” from ANARKALI, Eruvaka Saagaro Ranno from ROJULU MARAYI, “Chettulekkagalava” from Chenchulakshmi and “Panditlo Pellavutunnadi” from Raj Kapoor’s Telugu Dubbing Movie PREMA LEKHALU. Jikki’s Voice was noted for Melody and “Jeera”. She sang many Folk, Social and Mythological Songs, over 8000 Songs in Six Languages in a Career that spanned Six Decades. She is Living Proof of the Success of Interest, Aptitude and Performance in the Chosen Career! Like her Song “Jeevitame Safalamu”, Her Life was Fruitful and Now … She Lives Through Her Melodious Songs! - TNIE / MS, 21 Aug 2004, p 4.

-------------

ImageImage

-------------

8) :arrow:

-------------
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Time Sense

by HH » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:25 pm

Time Sense

· By taking 1 hour per day for independent study, 7 hours per week, 365 hours in a year, one can learn at the rate of a full-time student. In 3-5 years, the average person can become an expert in the topic of their choice, by spending only one hour per day.

· 9 out of 10 people daydream in meetings.

· It takes approximately 30 days to establish a new physical or emotional habit.

· 95% of the things we fear will occur, do not occur.

Taking 5 minutes per day, 5 days per week to improve one's job will create 1,200 little improvements to a job over a 5 year period.

· The most powerful word in our Time Management vocabulary is "no".

· 1 hour of planning will save 10 hours of doing.

· The "20/80 Rule" tells us we will typically accomplish 80% of our results through 20% of our effort.

· We retain 10% of what we read. We retain 20% of what we hear. We retain 30% of what we see. We retain 50% of what we hear and see. We retain 70% of what we say. We retain 90% of what we do.

- Time Management Facts and Figures (USA Centric Compilation)

by Dr. Don Wetmore - President, The Productivity Institute - Caravan.com

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Crow Sense ... Ref: * Crows of Bhopal! - Post dt 11 / 8!

by HH » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:51 pm

Crow Sense

Let's Grow Crow Habits

[Poetic Response to Ref: * Crows of Bhopal! - Post dt 11 / 8!]
Together we fly; Together we eat,
Together we meet any challenge that intrudes
As we forbid animosity; all we live in fraternity,
Caw we call; and go to eat,
join and flew and hate to hate.
As birds of same feather we flock together:
whether to eat or to meet an intruder who we hate.
We believe in group dynamics;
to meet enemies so big.
Be it a peacock or a monkey,
Collaboration is our key.
Be it an eagle and swift as a bee;
We are sure to chase whoever it be.
But we are considerate to small cuckoo:
As it can`t hatch its own eggoo,
After all we both are blackies:
As tribes of minority,
to beat the heat of superiority.
We may do a mean job,
and scavenge in isolation;
But we are eco-friendly; That is a consolation.
We are wary of one thing in common,
He is the six sensed Human.
He hates us on color, they think;
As he does his fellow being
But we keep our good habit
And live with them to clean their habitat.
Hopefully one day they will,
Realize and gather their will;
clean up their habits and habitats together.

- Caravan.com

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Ramnath Goenka Centenary Year!

by HH » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:05 pm

Ramnath Goenka Centenary Year!

In September, 72 Years Ago, the Indian Express was born.

In the Ramnath Goenka Centenary Year, it is hoped that The Express

* Will continue to pay due attention, as ever, "to people's problems, their tragedies and their triumphs."

* Will Champion Causes and Publish Stories "Others Will Not".

- TNIE, 1 Sep 2004, p 1

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Lake Mendota Sun Dog

by HH » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:00 pm

Lake Mendota Sun Dog

Lake Mendota Sun Dog

Earth Science Picture of the Day

The above photo showing a variegated sundog or parhelion over Lake Mendota, Wisconsin was captured on August 6, 2004. Sometimes, all that's needed is just a touch of color to catch one's eye. As the Sun was sinking on this summer evening, ice crystals in the approaching cirrus cloud deck produced this sundog -- 22 degrees to the right of the Sun. A corresponding "dog" to the left was visible as well but wasn't nearly so picturesque.

---------------------

Visit: http://epod.usra.edu/

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Laws of Life!

by HH » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:11 pm

Laws of Life!

* Lorenz's Law of Mechanical Repair
After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to
itch.

* Anthony's Law of the Workshop
Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.

* Kovac's Conundrum
When you dial a wrong number,you never get an engaged one.

* Cannon's Karmic Law
If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the next morning you will have a flat tire.

* O'brien's Variation Law
If you change queues, the one you have left will start to move faster than the one you are in now.

* Bell's Theorem
When the body is immersed in water , the telephone rings.

* Ruby's Principle of Close Encounters
The probability of meeting someone you know increases when you are with someone you don't want to be seen with.

* Willoughbhy's Law
When you try to prove to someone that a machine won't work, it will.

* Zadra's Law Of Biomechanics
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.

* Breda's Rule
At any event, the people whose seats are furthest from the aisle arrive last.

* Owen's Law
As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold.
* Howden's Law
You remember you have to mail a letter only when you're near the mailbox.

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Back to 58!

by HH » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:07 pm

Retirement Blues - Back to 58!

The Union law ministry has sent a note to the Cabinet recommending reduction in the retirement age of central government employees from 60 to 58, according to an official.

The proposal will be discussed at a Cabinet meeting in a few days, the official said.

He said that to put the plan into action, the government would need at least Rs 6,500 crore to pay off the retiring beneficiaries.

The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance Government now wants to decrease the retirement age, as earlier proposed by the previous NDA Government.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh feels that all ministries must give a good account of themselves with by emphasising on productivity and accountability.

For instance, the official said, railway gangmen inspect 8 km of tracks every day. They have to carry heavy equipment like instruments to tighten fishplate screws.

It is found that gangmen nearing 60 can barely walk that distance.

- http://in.rediff.com/news/2004/sep/06tara.htm

---------------------

---------------------

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

PreviousNext      

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!