Saturday, 20 April 2024 »  Login
in

Places to visit around Hyderabad

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by Aruna » Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:30 am

Hi,
I live in Hyderabad. I wud like to do some sightseeing around Hyderabad. Is there something you cud recommend? I am looking for something away from Hyderabad (maybe 1 or 2 hr drive)
Aruna

by BikeRider » Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:30 am

Hi aruna... I could do better than recommend good places. I can accompany you there.. just kidding...
Depends on what place you want to go... there are a lot of resorts around the city limits where you have great view(assuming its for sightseeing)... for ex.. some resorts near kesera gutta... its abt 25 km from here.. but you generally want to take a break... go to runway 9 or dhola ri dhani. And if you are more adventerous.. there are some trekking & expedition kind of places... how abt ramoji film city. lot of temples within striking distance.... try them out...phew.. i am tired.. more later.....
BikeRider

by Dilisukhnagarwala » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:30 am

With in a 2 hr drive from City center , there is a place called Dilsukhnagar. Though its 7 KM from Abids, I am sure it takes 2 hrs to reach D\'Nagar bcoz of traffic.
This place is not a site seeing but I am sure you will loose your Sight seeing capability if you spend some time in the dust and traffic pollution.
Have fun.. Take it easy..
Dilisukhnagarwala

by Guest » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:30 am

Madam aap ko kith nee martaba bataya, share main phir na teek nahee hae. Khao aur peyo.

by tarun » Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:30 am

shilparamam, treasure island , ramoji film city, water world/essel world etc
tarun

by SUSAN » Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:13 am

you seems to be lost, city itself is dangerous to live and you want 2 hours drive out of city, whats your problem anyway:)
SUSAN

Re: Places to visit around Hyderabad

by diyanat » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Hyderabad Adventure Club http://www.hyderabad-adventures.com is a community based outdoor adventure group in Hyderabad City that goes to places in Hyderabad and to other places in India
diyanat

by Nitya » Tue May 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Hey Aruna, Hyderabad has a whole lot of places around. Places like Vilaspur, Vikarabad, Suryalanka are ideal in case you want to go on a short trip. Also, places like Hampi. Coorg, Pondicherry could be your options as well if you have a little more time on your hands. For more of such places that you could visit, Check out the list here.
http://www.lifeisoutside.com/hyderabad-weekend-getaways/
Nitya

by Elizabeth » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 am

Charminar and the market. Take a ferry from Lumbini Park to the Buddha in the lake. Ramoji Film City always gets recommended
Elizabeth

by sahasra » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:14 am

Hai friends..
There are many tourist Spots in Hyderabad like Birla Mandir, Golkonda, Charminar, Ramoji Film City, Shilparamam, etc..
sahasra

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!