Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Naidu: stop blowing ur trumpet

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Naidu: stop blowing ur trumpet

by ZC » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:00 pm

Emmanna ante HITEC City antavu, ISB antavu.....Y did Infosys go to Chennai and not HYD ?
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Mayavi Morpheus » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:36 pm

Welcome back ZC. Long time no see. Whats up.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

Re: Naidu: stop blowing ur trumpet

by CtrlAltDel » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:13 pm

ZC wrote:Emmanna ante HITEC City antavu, ISB antavu.....Y did Infosys go to Chennai and not HYD ?

SO what Infy went there? its not the end of the world. there are many companies here that are not in Chennai or any other places. do you know that even the up-coming third phase of Hitech city (Cyber Pearl) has already started recieving enquires n bookings from top IT n ITES companies?

What naidu is doing is not "trumpet blowing". its just hilighting what he has done, and will be doing. nothing wrong in that.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by ZC » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:12 am

thanks you MM. was busy with work and later forgot that this portal existed. not a bad memory though, i remember my id and password. can anyone throw light on number of people employed in Software/IT etc (should i say, jobs creted in the last 5 yrs in all sectors) in HYD/AP as compared to other cities/states? and compare that with the dandora of other CMs and Naidu?
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Mayavi Morpheus » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:30 am

Currently there are 70,000 people working in Hyderabad alone in IT and ITES, and its slated to increase exponentially in few years. There are a total of 280,000 software professionals in India (excluding BPO services) and there are over 260,000 Indians in software devlp in USA (NASSCOM). I dont know exact figure but my estimate is that atleast 40% of them will be from AP.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by ZC » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:05 pm

25% from HYD. assume another 25% from Blore. Then Delhi, Chennai, Bombay, Calcutta, Pune etc etc contribute to rest 50 % of teh professionals. Surprising fugures!! and any data on revenue generated from hyderabad as compared to the other cities i just mentioned ?
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Mayavi Morpheus » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:46 pm

Pretty bad compared to other states.

Recent estimate:

karnataka - 14,000 cr

UP - 7000 cr

Haryana - 7000 cr

delhi - 4 - 4000 cr

Chennai - 7000 cr

AP - 4500 cr

These are aproximate export figures only. Check Nasscom for accurate figures. Haryana's exports are due to Gurgaon and that of UP are due to Noida. Gurgaon, Noida and delhi can be clubbed into one IT zone and the total export is greater than that of Banglore. Hyderabad only started recently and the exports are bound to increase.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by zc » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:56 am

good info man. thanks. Maharashtra, i guess shud also be ahead, bcoz of Mumbai and Pune. So, 1& 2.) Karnataka and Delhi+suburbs 3&4.) Tamil Nadu and Maharastra 5.) May be AP, may be not !! i am hearing abt Software in HYD atleast for the past 10 yrs !! and we still are abt 5th !!
zc
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by CtrlAltDel » Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:16 pm

zc wrote:i am hearing abt Software in HYD atleast for the past 10 yrs !! and we still are abt 5th !!

dont forget that Bangalore had a head start of more than a decade and deservedly has the top spot. Chennai, Pune and Delhi too prospered early because of early decisions, tho i think pune belt is not as high as u rate it. even if its correct, for hydbad/AP to come from nowhere in 1998-99 to 5th in 2003 is in fact quite praiseworthy.

what did the "honorable" CMs before that achieve? before Naidu came on the scene, AP was ranked abt 24th or 25th in investments and growth. Naidu single handedly brought us up in the top 5. Rest of the country (and the IT world ??) look up to people from AP because of the efforts of a single man: Chandrababu Naidu. No one else can take credit for it, nor steal it from him.

All this inspite of lack of support from a largely lazy bureaucracy, cynics (like u) and a functionally illiterate and negative opposition in the form of Congress and the vomit-inducing communists.
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

by Mayavi Morpheus » Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:31 am

Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by ZC » Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:26 am

MM: thanks for the info. Nasscom site says abt 7.7 lakh (projected ) by/at end 2003. Ctrlaltdel: God bless ur (infant?) kid :) do u owe everything to Naidu(u mentioned single handedly)? nothing to Ramalinga Raju and others !! surprising. Microsoft came to HYD not bcoz of Naidu, but bcoz Rao Ramela(check spelling) is from REC Warangal !! and then Oracle followed with the news!! do u realize that most of the investment in AP is govt funded? and do u understand its implications in the long term? i guess companies come to HYD not bcoz of Naidu, but coz they have to distribute themselves geographically !! the same logic explains y companies will shift/ start to/in places like Vizag, Coimbatore, Mysore, Bhuvaneshwar etc etc........ if Naidu really has the ability to bring companies, y didnt he bring the auto manufacturers from malaysia and germany (he promised this long back). Thanks for calling me a cynic. God bless ur family :)
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Mayavi Morpheus » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:55 pm

nothing to Ramalinga Raju and others !!

Food for thought - Why did ramalinga raju choose Hyderabad instead of Banglore?

y didnt he bring the auto manufacturers from malaysia and germany

Proton (malaysian car company) was to set up shop in Vizag, but the company changed plans due to SE asia crisis. It is rumoured that VW (German) is plannin to start a manufacturing unit in Vizag, but then its uncertain. VW may not enter indian market at all. Chinese are too important for them with 40% of VW sales coming from china. And Skoda is operating in India anyway.

For every MNC setting up a manufacturing plant in Ap, the credit should go to the government. Its the favourable investment climate the govt. creates that lures the companies.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by JustaLittleUnwell » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:35 am

Interesting discussion here :)

While the government can be credited for providing the right climate, we shouldn't discount the intellectual capital available within the state which has resulted in the services industries taking off. This could be attributed to the scores of Centre funded research establishments that have been functioning for decades, as well as institutions like University of Hyd, REC Warangal etc. which have propped up the academic culture within the state.
Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans - John Lennon
JustaLittleUnwell

by zc » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:05 am

MM: Ramalinga Raju started Satyam even before Naidu or TDP came to power in 90's. So, no need to give credit to Naidu. One auto company(dont exactly remember the name) dropped plans coz Naidu announced to the public even before the deal has been signed(how true?), many manufacturers point to lack of power/electricity in the state as one of the main reasons for not coming to the state. My point is: after more than 10yrs of software/IT in AP and about 8-9 yrs of Naidu's rule in state we still are 5th. People say, "we started late". Well, we started late and if Naidu is really capable, in this 8 yrs, he should have brought us atleast to the 4th place. AP is good in pharma sector, even in this sector most companies existed even before Naidu came to power!! or should i say everyone from IDPL started their own factories!! REC or ICRISAT or CCMB or IICT etc etc, everything existed before Naidu.......compare Naidu with the CMs of TN, Karnataka, Delhi and Maharashtra......they dont talk. Y do auto manufacturers prefer Chennai/TN? and next, i read news that Textile sector is opening up from 2005 and Indian exports will reach USD10billion by 2010. what would be the share of AP in it. in this sector, all i know are two largeindustries : Sanghi and another one in interior Waragal or Khammam (?) everything else is small scale textile industry only. Arvind is in blore, Grasim, Vimal etc etc are elsewhere, most of the things are outside AP. So, AP lags behind in auto industries, electronics, textiles etc etc. All we have is a bit of software and pharma pie, both not bcoz of Naidu. Now coming to petroleum: HPCL or ONGC or BPCL or recently Reliance come to AP not bcoz of Naidu, but driven by natural resources. if at all Naidu has any capabilities, he should bring a Nuclear power plant to the state. first things first. electricity is the first basic thing for any industry. Over and out.
zc
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

USD10 billion

by ZC » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:11 am

correction: USD50 billion by 2010 from the present USD10 billion
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by JustaLittleUnwell » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:35 am

zc wrote:.......compare Naidu with the CMs of TN, Karnataka, Delhi and Maharashtra......they dont talk. Y do auto manufacturers prefer Chennai/TN?

I think the CMs of those states didnt have a major role in the way these states have progressed. TN, Delhi & Maharashtra were already very advanced in view of the metro capitals, high stage of industrialization and so on. I would say these states have progressed despite the (sometimes dumb) CMs, and not because of them. Gujarat is a highly progressed state and is it because of Narendra Modi? Not at all. Gujaratis are highly enterprising people and have that business acumen to transform even a water-starved state into one of the top destinations for business. Outside of IT & pharma, we dont find many business houses in AP that have made a name in the national scene (I cant recollect any name other than Nagarjuna group). We need a greater thrust towards industrialization and private initiative is needed much more than what is really happening.

Reg. the auto mfrs question, Chennai has been a traditional automobile manufacturing city. You had names like Ashok Leyland, Enfield, TVS & Standard Motors churning out their machines, and to cater to them, a thriving auto-parts industry too. So when new players came in (Hyundai, Ford etc.) they had a ready-to-use infrastructure and skilled workforce at their disposal. I hope that explains.
JustaLittleUnwell

by JustaLittleUnwell » Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:45 am

Sorry, I forgot to address Karnataka. There are many ways of looking at it. I happened to read Mark Tully's 'India in Slow Motion' and there is a chapter dedicated to the sorry state of affairs of Karnataka's farmers. Bangalore is an amazing place, no doubt. Outside of Bangalore, are people really prosperous? I'm not too sure.......

I am also wondering about Bangalore's IT success. It definitely had the early mover advantage, and one noteworthy aspect is the privitization of Engineering colleges early on (since way back in the 80s). So we had students from all the four southern states studying there, and becoming available for the IT companies that were coming up.
JustaLittleUnwell

by zc » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:33 pm

JUL: when i say, non of the other CMs talk, i mean they dont show off and claim what they dont actually do. u mentioned, Guj is not made by Modi. thats what i am saying, AP is not developing bcoz of Naidu and he neednt claim credit for all developments that are happening and blow his trumpet for the small things he does. when MM says 40% of software people in US are APites, they will be there whether Naidu is the CM or some other guy is the CM. It is only Naidu's luck that he came to power at the time when software is booming, just as many who did certificate courses in NIIT and APTECH in 94/95 and are working/become managers in the sector. The managers will stay on, we have to wait and see when the people of the state will realize that he is no better than any other guy. probably people have to realize that, desa`mante Naidu kaa`doi, desa`mante manushu`loi. i hope u got what i am trying to say.
zc
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by JustaLittleUnwell » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:54 pm

zc wrote: probably people have to realize that, desa`mante Naidu kaa`doi, desa`mante manushu`loi. i hope u got what i am trying to say.

I got you perfectly, ZC :) I cudn't have said it better......
JustaLittleUnwell

by Mayavi Morpheus » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:38 am

zc wrote: AP is not developing bcoz of Naidu and he neednt claim credit for all developments that are happening and blow his trumpet for the small things he does.

ZC u mean irrespective of the government development would be the same? Lets take bihar for example, the richest state in India - natural resources wise - why is there no satyam or infosys? Forget satyam and Infosys, there are no roads and no electricity outside patna. What do u think is the reason? Why didnt a narayanamurthy or a ramalinga raju or a Azim premzi start a development center?
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by azazel » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:17 pm

it is true that Naidu does blow his trumpet a lot n also embarrassingly prematurely :wink: at times but giving credit where its due, he has done a fantastic job as the CM of AP. Other than just sitting around doin nuthin like a lot of others, his workman attitude and ability to look forward have resulted in AP comin out of the shadows of other states and now even surpassing them if the TDP stays in power. I dont think anyone else could've achieved this much as Naidu has.. besides, this is election time, vry1's blowing their trumpets.. :!:
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by zc » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:33 pm

i assume u agree that AP is not so good in IT/software/BPO. Bihar doesnt have electricity lines, poor state man!! we have electricity lines but no electricity!! ha ha ha ha!! having said that. Bihar man: lets talk of old bihar (now bihar+jharkhand) : u forgot the presence of Tatas and XLRI, its well known for mining, ex: ISM dhanbad and they have a presence in leather and other industries. ((what we see in news is only goondda-ism.if what happens in cuddapah and krishna and guntur are projected on TV, people will start calling AP and Bihar are similar. forget those issues)). Take this, most IASofficers come from UP and Bihar !! y are u considering only software? talk abt all the industries. its only that south has choosen to be in the software sector and north has choosen to be in other sectors............maybe 20 yrs later, when third class jobs i.e., BPO and IT services jobs becomes not-so hot, may be then: u will realize that AP is not actually developing.........i would classify anything other than development and design as third class, hence wipro, infosys, tcs, satyam fall in this third class category (TI or Cisco or Novell or Lucent or SAS etc as good companies) and how many of the good companies are in HYD? hardly any !! and thats laughable when Naidu talks of tech revolution in the state !! u will immediately come up with MS and Oracle, where again these offices do not exactly do development work!! These jobs, BPO/servies etc can one day be shifted to interior Bihar when Lallo puts up an electricity line powered by the coal fileds of Dhanbad (its costly to work in HYD, Blore, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai u see....cost cutting measures........be`es hazaar kaiko rey, Humara Bitwaa paanch hazaar mein kaam karega, pha`tak se !! then u sit and complain that Bihar is pulling off ur jobs from the metros, just as US is complaining that India is taking its jobs)(and Laloo can hire Deveshwar of ITC or Phanendra of Infosys or Banga of HLL and as advisors and venture into IT-parks, no-big deal, i guess UP is already doing that) but Tata and the industries wont come to AP when they have already set up there!!
zc
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by zc » Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:31 pm

to add: what i consider as a good job. It is that which/where 1.) u are happy with the work 2.) company is happy with ur work 3.) u r indispensible to thecompany. the third is the most imp and that is what is lcking in all these third class companies i mentioned. for now, people are happy with jumps, hikes and companies are unhappy with attrition......a few yrs from now, its bound to have over supply of workers coz everyone can do the job. our kibs can do the same job for far less salary than we, who want more salary !! forget about Phillipines, canada, Mexico, Brazil or eastern europe being a threat to India. Inside India, assam, bihar, rajasthan, orissa, chattisgarh will be a threat to Karnataka, AP, TN, maharashtra, delhi..............coz all u need is an airconditioned house with high connectivity to metros, then all metros will only have admistrative/head offices and the so called excellent jobs, will move to interior regions..........the day is not far away...........Bingo !! Bihar Zindabad !!
zc
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by JustaLittleUnwell » Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:33 am

ZC on steroid???!!!! :)
JustaLittleUnwell

by azazel » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:44 pm

so who's movin to Bihar with ZC??? :wink:
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity