Thursday, 18 April 2024 »  Login
in

Naidu: stop blowing ur trumpet

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Saradhi

by Saradhi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:13 am

CtrlAltDel wrote:
ZC wrote:India liberalised in early 90's under Man Mohan Singh
Reddy in 1984 and Satyam in 1987,
and u guys say, everything is done by Naidu :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: good policies
bull-shit
what hapned in hydbad or AP since Manmohan singh's times? not much. Karnataka, Delhi, Maharashtra, TN, Haryana took the lion's share of globalization. AP was ranked around 25th in the country.

Thats because the same PV Narasimha Rao, who is a telaganite never bothered about his own state and his own only because NTR was in power at those days.
Saradhi

by ZC » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:17 am

how many non-software/IT companies established in Naidus rule? how many closed down.

software/IT is not bcoz of Naidu, its bcoz of tech revolution elsewhere around the world and already small companies were present in HYD and that added to the growth

saradhi, if u didnt know Satyam, doesnt mean that people didnt know.....this basically proves that ur observing only fancy newspapers and fancy names like wipro, infosys and satyam

let me ask another question, KMZee, y did she set up in blore and not HYD? coz shes from blore, simple.........

y parks are coming only after 95? the answer is India started in 90-91 and it takes time to raise money.........

what did u think?

u will buy two computers and open a web-designing center in the top floor of ur house ?

starting a company isint that easy other than in software........

everyone agrees on 95..........now, if u have observed in 95, the world markets, every place was under boom, just shortly after that 96-97 asian financial crisis put brakes on SE Asia, India didnt get effected coz India was not that much liberalised and was not that much into these things as compared to other places......

software in India improved bcoz of Centers policies, not states policies.......the single-window system implemented at the center and many things taken care of which helped investors
ZEE: the Colossus
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Re: Saradhi

by Saradhi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:18 am

ZC wrote:
Saradhi wrote:
ZC wrote:yes i am from outside HYD, but telangana and i lived in andhra also....but didnt see rayalaseema.

so i know the difference :x

Wt difference You know?

Ex: why is Naidu bringing water krishna water to HYD just before elections ? and that too a scheme which was said to be in-efficient by the engineers :roll: :roll:

all false promises......u talk only of HYD and software........i say, HYD developed bcoz of people like Ramalinga Raju, Anji reddy etc, not bcoz of Naidu

anyway, lets wait until 13th may............i am tired, let people decide.........

Corect your IQ about Krishna Water supply to HYderabad project

at

http://www.projectsmonitor.com/detailne ... ewsid=5886

This project started in 2002 and the according to the plan , the Krishna water would be brought to the city by 2004 as scheduled.

Do you want Naidu to stop this project only because elections are arround or what?

This is what you call destructive politics.
Saradhi

by ZC » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:21 am

there u are......

after 9 yrs of rule,

he had to get a project completed just before election time, by starting in 2002, what did he do until 2002 :roll: :roll:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Saradhi

by Saradhi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:25 am

ZC wrote:how many non-software/IT companies established in Naidus rule? how many closed down.

software/IT is not bcoz of Naidu, its bcoz of tech revolution elsewhere around the world and already small companies were present in HYD and that added to the growth

saradhi, if u didnt know Satyam, doesnt mean that people didnt know.....this basically proves that ur observing only fancy newspapers and fancy names like wipro, infosys and satyam

let me ask another question, KMZee, y did she set up in blore and not HYD? coz shes from blore, simple.........

y parks are coming only after 95? the answer is India started in 90-91 and it takes time to raise money.........

what did u think?

u will buy two computers and open a web-designing center in the top floor of ur house ?

starting a company isint that easy other than in software........

everyone agrees on 95..........now, if u have observed in 95, the world markets, every place was under boom, just shortly after that 96-97 asian financial crisis put brakes on SE Asia, India didnt get effected coz India was not that much liberalised and was not that much into these things as compared to other places......

software in India improved bcoz of Centers policies, not states policies.......the single-window system implemented at the center and many things taken care of which helped investors

Ok. If you agree that software in India improved bcoz of Centers policies, not states policies

Then why all states havent prospered of thiese Centre's policies?

Why we only here about only some states?

Laloo says Computers me kya ki, Huch nahii and hence he doesnts have his own state policiy.

State policies like Infra strcture(Infracture is State's matter, not Centre's), Company registrations (Company registration is entirely a state's affair, Centre have nothing to do with it) , Sales taxes (Again these taxes are completely states matter, centre has nothing to do with it), Law&Order(again law & order is state's subject), Political stabiltiy in both state and Centre(I told you in the past In congress age, all time was spent to fight within them. The only thing a congress CM can thing in those ages was "How to protect his job and always spent some time with Delhi spending time with High Command to protect his Job".

For the development of any region, political stability is the must. That’s what Naidu created. The role he has played in national politics is equally laudatory. With the Lok Sabha numbers at his command, he could have treaded the beaten track of opportunism. Yet, as a staunch NDA backer, he prioritized stability at the Centre to destabilizing self-aggrandizement. With the guts to repudiate populism in AP and the politics of blackmail at the national level, Naidu is a breed apart.

)

Tell me onething

Why bihar is not developed and AP is developed?
Both are in the same Country and same are having the same Centre principles and policies.

Wts the difference then?
Saradhi

Saradhi

by Saradhi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:28 am

ZC wrote:there u are......

after 9 yrs of rule,

he had to get a project completed just before election time, by starting in 2002, what did he do until 2002 :roll: :roll:

What did Congress govts did before 1995?

cheeyaka pootheee cheeyaleedantaavu, cheesteee enduku cheeesadantaavu.

Idi eemi mondi vaaadaana baabu?
Saradhi

by ZC » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:34 am

software already existed in delhi, blore, chennai, mumbai, hyd.....obviously more and more companies will go there....

these days they are going to

coimbatore, trivandrum, cochin, mysore, nagpur, pune, bhuvaneshwar, vizag, calcutta, ahmedabad, lucknow, etc etc........small cities.....i gave long discussion on

y software is not the birth right of hydies

and i added one more statement, "jobs created are those that stay, like those in traditional industries, not those that migrate like the software, from california to blore to bihar" :wink:

and coming to bihar, i already discussed.

Bihars got Tatas, steel plants, leather industries etc etc..........

thats y i say, dont only talk of Software.............and seeing laloo on TV, dont assume that all Biharis are _ ......it shows ur wrong perception and generalizing attitude :D
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

SAradhi

by Saradhi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:44 am

ZC wrote:there u are......

after 9 yrs of rule,

What did Congress govts did before 1995?

cheeyaka pootheee cheeyaleedantaavu, cheesteee enduku cheeesadantaavu.

Idi eemi mondi vaaadaana baabu?

again the answer for ur problem is:

Populist schemes and subsidies and ur so called favourite subject

"Prohibiton".

When alcohol breweries were shut, it resulted in the loss of hundreds of legitimate jobs. The state went virtually bankrupt. The government attempted to counter the budgetary deficit by raising taxes and the costs of earlier subsidised rice, the staple food of millions of Indians.

Despite this, the deficit continued to spiral out of control reaching a third of the annual budget outlay. Finally, the Reserve Bank of India threatened to withdraw the overdraft facility to the state.

The government then relented and introduced the AP Prohibition Act 1997, which effectively removed prohibition in favour of a more regulated alcohol retailing system."

After 1997, slowly step by step, the bankrupt was decreased and hence no projects such as Krishna Water Project.

Later , by mobilizing the funds from various sources, finally AP govt decided to start the project in 2002.
Saradhi

Jobs other then IT

by Saradhi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:53 am

ZC wrote:software already existed in delhi, blore, chennai, mumbai, hyd.....obviously more and more companies will go there....

these days they are going to
coimbatore, trivandrum, cochin, mysore, nagpur, pune, bhuvaneshwar, vizag, calcutta, ahmedabad, lucknow, etc etc........small cities.....i gave long discussion on

y software is not the birth right of hydies

and i added one more statement, "jobs created are those that stay, like those in traditional industries, not those that migrate like the software, from california to blore to bihar" :wink:

and coming to bihar, i already discussed.

Bihars got Tatas, steel plants, leather industries etc etc..........

thats y i say, dont only talk of Software.............and seeing laloo on TV, dont assume that all Biharis are _ ......it shows ur wrong perception and generalizing attitude :D

Ok. Let us talk of jobs in the sectors other than IT.

1) Over 10 lakhs of Teachers were recruited per each year via DSC in the last 5 years. It is the first time after 20 years that DSC was conducted regularly. Another DSC was conducted recently for filling another 5Lakhs jobs.

Remember that DSC was not conducted even in a single year during 1989-1993 when Congress was in power.

2) Over 1 lakh nurses were recruited per year in primary health centers in the last 5 years.

I think these two are enough for you. The two important sectors in a common man’s life. Education and health.

I gave you these statistics a long long long time back.

You skipped this intelliegently because you dont want to read these things.
Saradhi

by ZC » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:00 pm

whether its enough or not, election results will tell.

lets wait :D
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Saradhi

by Saradhi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:07 pm

ZC wrote:whether its enough or not, election results will tell.

Again, If Naidu looses his power, it doesnt mean that Reforms are bad and his policies were bad. May be he concentrated too much on things that cant be understood by a common man.

People's expectations have increased a lot.

And supply havent increased in the rate that should be to fulfill this much Demand.

By the way, wt do you do?
Saradhi

by Saradhi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:10 pm

Saradhi wrote:
ZC wrote:whether its enough or not, election results will tell.

Again, If Naidu looses his power, it doesnt mean that Reforms are bad and his policies were bad. May be he concentrated too much on things that cant be understood by a common man.

People's expectations have increased a lot.

And supply havent increased in the rate that should be to fulfill this much Demand.

By the way, wt do you do?

Or may be he havent educted the people to the extent he should to understand what he is doing and the longterm benefits of what he is doing.

People always needs instant results and instant development.
Saradhi

by ZC » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:43 pm

Saradhi wrote:By the way, wt do you do?

i make balls and rods :D
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by BB » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:47 pm

Hi Guys,

I think it would be better if you try stop convincing ZC that Chandrababu is better. He is never going to change. Can anyone tell me what are the chances of CBN returning to power? I am away from Hyderbad and I do not know what is general opinion abt the polls. Clealy Exit polls have said that CBN may NOT be returning to power. I think in one way it is better. Because people will atleast learn from it. They will know how much they will get fu**ed up by oppurtunist and populist politicians. And what do you think abt Telangana and free power? Definitely Telangana is not going to be reality. Congress will never approve seperate Telangana in State and TDP will not make NDA approv it in the centre (Seperate state reqires 2/3 majority both in State assembly and LS). And free power, I think Congress will give free power. After all they will loose nothing. But I think they are going to fu** up with commercial and household power charges and increase taxes which will definitely make our state less condusive for Buisness. And ofcourse the biggest fu** up consequence is going to be that WB is not going to help us or give any loans for development. (They made it clear that free power-means no more loans). These guys are going to make life difficult for next CM. Whatever, I hope people will atleast learn something from this. And one more thing, SM Krishna is trying hard to get WB to give loans to Karnataka and clearly decried NDA policies of giving more weigtage to CBN ruled AP in getting WB loans. So, Karnataka will gain heavily if congress comes to power in AP. And one more news Bal-Thackrey, a pure regionalist has himself decried the seperate state movement for vidarbha. And one more thing that beats me. How the fuc* did Congress, a left wing party join hands with TRS an extreme right wing party. What is going on? I think people in India do not understand politics orelse they would have never voted for this alliance. Good stratergy by KCR. It will be great to watch how congress can handle the drought situation in state.
BB

Saradhi

by Saradhi » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:17 pm

BB wrote:Hi Guys,
I think it would be better if you try stop convincing ZC that Chandrababu is better. He is never going to change. Can anyone tell me what are the chances of CBN returning to power? I am away from Hyderbad and I do not know what is general opinion abt the polls. Clealy Exit polls have said that CBN may NOT be returning to power. I think in one way it is better. Because people will atleast learn from it. They will know how much they will get fu**ed up by oppurtunist and populist politicians. And what do you think abt Telangana and free power? Definitely Telangana is not going to be reality. Congress will never approve seperate Telangana in State and TDP will not make NDA approv it in the centre (Seperate state reqires 2/3 majority both in State assembly and LS). And free power, I think Congress will give free power. After all they will loose nothing. But I think they are going to fu** up with commercial and household power charges and increase taxes which will definitely make our state less condusive for Buisness. And ofcourse the biggest fu** up consequence is going to be that WB is not going to help us or give any loans for development. (They made it clear that free power-means no more loans). These guys are going to make life difficult for next CM. Whatever, I hope people will atleast learn something from this. And one more thing, SM Krishna is trying hard to get WB to give loans to Karnataka and clearly decried NDA policies of giving more weigtage to CBN ruled AP in getting WB loans. So, Karnataka will gain heavily if congress comes to power in AP. And one more news Bal-Thackrey, a pure regionalist has himself decried the seperate state movement for vidarbha. And one more thing that beats me. How the fuc* did Congress, a left wing party join hands with TRS an extreme right wing party. What is going on? I think people in India do not understand politics orelse they would have never voted for this alliance. Good stratergy by KCR. It will be great to watch how congress can handle the drought situation in state.

Naidu coming back to power depends on Monday'Voting pattern in Coasta and Rayalaseema.

Most of the exit polls and Even Naidu and TDP workers knows by their own internal surveys that TDP is going to get only arround 65 to 70 seats in the first phase out of 142.

So to get power, he needs some more 90 to 100 seats out of remaining 150 seats in the second phase. This is always possible becasue that is his land , TDP Land and People hates Congress-TRS alliance here because they are worried that Andhra will be divided if naidu doesnt come to power. TDP can sweep this area as in 1999.

Even if he doesnt get 100 seats, he would survive if he gets arround 75 to 80 seats out of 150 because he has always has support of 30 to 40 Rebel Congress leaders who will win for sure especially in Telangana already.

You are wrong that Seperate state reqires 2/3 majority both in State assembly and LS. There is nothing that you need to have Assembly's approval for it. Centre can form a separate state if it has 2/3rd majority. Jarkhand is the best example for it. Laloo was always against seperate Jarkhand and state assembly hadnt passed any resoltuion, but still BJP approved it because there is no opposition for it and Laloo is not its partner.

But with the changing position in Centre, NDA is going to get only simple majority(most of the exit polls predicting 280-300 seats for NDA, which is very very simple majority) and hence it has to depend on smal small parties like TDP, JD, TC & so on. Anyway, in this scenario also, Naidu becomes a kingmaker and hence No separate state. KCR cant mobilise any support for him in this scenario.

Congress wont and cant give free power. Even they gives it, they will lift it in an year like what Naidu did for Prohibition" after NTR gone from power and Naidu came to power . A smart move. People should understand Nothing comes free in this world. Atleast you should get the cost that takes to produce that Item.

Congress backtracked from its promise already in Punjab just 2 years back. Mr.Jairam Ramesh, the Convener of Congress Central Economic Cell still thinks that its not possible to give free power in any state and he openly agreed in a NDTV program recently that he was made helpless and other senior leaders of Congress and state leaders asked him to shut up because Congress should come back to power in AP by hook or cook otherwise it will be destroyed in AP as in Up, Bihar and West Bengal. Thats why they have aligned with TRS, Left parties. TRS wants Separate state. CPM says No. CPI is neutral. Congress eemi teelchadu. Thats the beauty of this alliance.

God can only save this state.

Thats what I said This si the fate of 21st century Modern Politics.
Saradhi

Wts UP?

by Saradhi » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:22 pm

Hey all,

wts hapepning?

No posts in the last 5 days.

Wake up
Saradhi

Re: Wts UP?

by azazel » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:28 pm

Saradhi wrote:Hey all,

wts hapepning?

Wake up

everyone's takin a abreak after the hectic politics of last month ..

waitin for the actual results :roll:
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Re: Wts UP?

by Saradhi » Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:32 pm

azazel wrote:
Saradhi wrote:Hey all,

wts hapepning?

Wake up

everyone's takin a abreak after the hectic politics of last month ..
waitin for the actual results :roll:

We are not politicians to wait for the actual results.
Saradhi

Great AP Election THamasha

by Saradhi » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:52 pm

See great AP Congress Thamaaashaaaa.

Asalu exit polls nizamooo kaadoo teliyadu.

Countinku inkaa 10 roojulu vundi.

Appudoo kottuku chastunnaaru.

Hey all,

On May 11, dont goto any cinema and stick to TVS.

The great AP Congress Show begins on that day.

http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com ... sid=649624

http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com ... sid=649627

Last time also, same thing happended, YSR ayithee , aayana intiki Sunnalu koodaa veesukunnadu, Nenee CM ani.
Saradhi

Why Babu is so Coifident?

by Saradhi » Tue May 04, 2004 6:23 pm

Saradhi

Very Pity Story

by Saradhi » Wed May 05, 2004 12:43 pm

Saradhi

WWE

by Saradhi » Mon May 10, 2004 10:09 am

Today AICC said YSR would be the CM if Congress comes to power and its no secret that YSR has his reservations over Separate Telagana state.

He opposed for alliance with TRS from the day one and since the High command has decided to go with the TRS, he kept quite.

But when he comes to power, the situation would be different.

Especially if Congress doesnt need TRS's support, (Now it seems it need it's support by going with the indications) then the situation would be very different and KCR says they are ready to go with NDA also if they gives him the separate state, but NDA always has TDP with them supporting them for the last 6 years and hence it cant deny TDP's word which is united Andhra.

Very interesting scenario and its very interesting to see how political parties and its leaders deal with these things.

The thing TRS should pray the god is that "In both state and Central, hung passemblies and hung parliaments should come' where Congress needs its support here in state and NDA needs its support in centre.

If only one MP from Kerala Mani Congress can become minister in Vajpeyee governement, why cant KCR become a central minister with 3 to 4 MPS?

Very interesting political scenario.

Wait and watch guys.

we are going to see an entertaining postpoll scenario.

these political eladers can overcome the entertainment of WWE, Tollywood,Bollywood and Hollywood
Saradhi

by azazel » Mon May 10, 2004 12:59 pm

Tom. is the D-day.. dood ka dood, paani ka paani ho jayega.. wait 'til 3 PM .. also, section 144 lag jaayega.. be careful :twisted:
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Indian Inc.remembers Naidu as CEO

by Saradhi » Tue May 11, 2004 7:35 pm

http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandoraV2/out ... E194BC.asp

Indian Inc.remembers Naidu as CEO

Source : NDTV. Image Source: NDTV

New Delhi, May 11: The electorate in Andhra Pradesh may have voted Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu out of power, but India Inc. remembers him as the chief executive who put the state on the global map of knowledge industry hubs.

Be it at the Alpine settings of Davos at World Economic Forum meetings, or back home in Hyderabad hosting leaders like then US President Bill Clinton and Singapore Prime Minister Goh Chok Tong, Naidu's style was not that of a quintessential politician.

His speeches and observations were almost always accompanied by PowerPoint presentations from his laptop and he was perhaps the first chief minister to use the virtues of technology for day-to-day governance and development.

Naidu also endeared himself to the global tech industry and the result: Some of the top corporations like Microsoft, Oracle, Dell, Computer Associates, Google and Convergys have a presence in Hyderabad, often called 'Cyberabad.'

"He has been a terrific reformer," said S.K. Birla, noted industrialist and former president of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).

"The mandate against his Telugu Desam Party is a result of the anti-incumbency factor. It is certainly not a mandate against his policies," Birla told IANS.

Others agreed. They said it was one thing making Hyderabad a hub for India's vibrant knowledge- based industries and getting accolades from far and wide and another to win the hearts of the electorate that go beyond cities and towns.

"Since 1998, in 25 out of 29 state elections the incumbent government has been voted out of power," said Prem Shamkar Jha, senior journalist and commentator.

While promotion of the IT industry was one of the most visible sides of Naidu's tenure as chief minister, there were other aspects as well which Industry acknowledges.

"TDP's loss is a great pity. The support to information technology given by Naidu is the least of the issues," said Saurabh Srivastava, president of the Delhi chapter of The IndUS Entrepreneurs.

"The current government has done a great amount of good and is a role model for other states in the infrastructure created and the e-governance introduced," he said. "It is obvious that some other important areas were neglected."

FICCI secretary general Amit Mitra said another reason for Naidu's defeat was the lack of domestic and overseas investments in the state in areas like agro-processing and chemicals.

"There is a lot of water in Rayalaseema and there could have been an agro-processing revolution there. Similarly, in coastal areas, there could have been clusters of small and medium enterprises in chemicals," he said.

"These sectors could also have become the state's core competence areas, triggering overall development and fetching jobs," he added.

Naidu, in fact, had hired international consultants like Ernst and Young, KPMG, PriceWaterhouseCoopers and AF Ferguson to suggest ways to attract all round investment. But the strategy did not materialise.

Tarun Das, director general of the Confederation of Indian Industry, said it was Naidu's misfortune that towards the end of his present tenure, the global economy turned weak and there were no investments in the old economy sectors.

"Naidu was responsible for a lot of investment in the services sector and especially information technology. The new Congress party government will be in a better position to attract investments in manufacturing," he said.

Echoing similar sentiments, Kiran Karnik, president of the National Association of Software and Service Companies, said Naidu had done an excellent job of developing Andhra Pradesh as an attractive IT destination.

"But we do not foresee any adverse impact on the IT industry."
Saradhi

by CtrlAltDel » Tue May 11, 2004 10:37 pm

fuggidaboutit maan...no point in discussing this thread now. :(

i just hope the voters of this alliance pay for their choice...n realise their mistake in time before the next elections...:evil:
wtf? i no longer care if my posts hurt yr feelings :roll:
Love me or hate me, u cant ignore me :D
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

PreviousNext      

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!