Monday, 29 April 2024 »  Login
in

Naidu: stop blowing ur trumpet

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by ZC » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:38 am

Assume a liner population distribution,( not true assumption), i will come to that later. say, 75 is survival age. 23 a person starts earning. and 60, he takes a break. so, 38 yrs hes not working and 37 hes working. 50% of the population. Eligible to work meaning, everyone comes........coz if u take poor people, everyone above the 23(?) works, even odd jobs are called eligible to work. now, assume there are too many jobs, then those sitting at home would seriously start doing something instead of wasting their time on TV. so, 50% percentage is a fair assumption. now, u would agree that population has always been increasing, meaning.......number of people at higher age group are lower than number at lower age group. Indian population raised rapidly from 80 to 95 coz no. of births increased and started to saturate(saturate meaning number of births per couple). that u would agree i guess. but since everyone who is born will reproduce, population will raise coz there are few people graduating to reach the heavens. that means 50% is over representing (?) is it the correct word(?) but these people (80-95 people) will all start to work by 2018. by another 15 odd yrs......there will be more than 50%. this u would agree......and from then on, it will start to increase........shud i say everday is has been raising? y, i say everyone eligible to work? abt 60% of Indian population is below poverty line. these people, everone who can work will work. and in cities u know.....qualified people watching TV......50% may sound too much fr 2004, even if u say 30%, in 15 yrs it will reach 50% and still raise, but What does Naidu say? he says Swarna Andhra!! that means everyone eligible to work has a job!! and they dont have proper jobs!! even when i take 30% of 75 million=20 million, 0.2/20= 1% only man. and for that credit shud go to Ramalinga Raju and others :lol: not Naidu :!:
ZEE: the Colossus
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Maayvi Morpheus » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:16 am

PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME. QUOTE FACTS.

60% of population below poverty line?

:roll:

Instead of just posting what you feel and think, why dont u read up facts?
Maayvi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by ZC » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:31 am

Maayvi Morpheus wrote:PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME. QUOTE FACTS.

60% of population below poverty line?
:roll:
Instead of just posting what you feel and think, why dont u read up facts?

http://www.acdis.uiuc.edu/homepage_docs ... part2.html this one says 53%...okay it came frrom my memory, its a mistake...now it stands at 53%...less than a dollar a day, if u take Indian govt records, its Rs.10 a day and poverty is abt 25%. u choose which is a better definition.
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by ZC » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:37 am

http://www.prideinindia.org/index_2.htm read the one on women....shameful Naidu, very shameful................and it also says, only 39% of eligible population has jobs in entire India !! Swarna Andhra bhad mein jaaya..........first talk of Annam Andhra.....u can talk of Golden Andhra later. :shock:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Mayavi Morpheus » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:58 am

Check that page again, it says south asia has 540 million below povery line and guess what, 53% of Indains population is ~ 540 Million. Rest of South asia (Thats nearly half a billion people) doesnt have any poverty at all!

Here you go, my source

http://worldfacts.us/India.htm

25 % according to this.

and

[url]

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/ind ... stics.html[/url]

35% according to this.

Indian government puts it at 27%

Scroll down. Thats a July 2003 estimate and FYI, poverty line in India is UN defined. Someone earning less than 1$ a day is consitdered below poverty line and not 10 Rs as you said.

I actually dont have to give you CIA or some Stephen cohens figures. GOI has recently published a report tht India has 233 Million seasonal hungry (agricultaral labor mostly, and 30 million chronic hungry pop) and I would like to believe my government. Decide for urself whom u want to believe. And FYI, in the last 10 years poverty rate has almost declined by 10% (it was 37% in 1990's and around 27% in 2000) and this is just a start and we have a long way to go to eliminate poverty. But cynical attitude wont take us anywhere.

And check the work force figures in census site. Its ~34% of population un-employment rate is 10%. From your prideindia source 39% of eligible population is employed "Fulltime". What is the criteria? Whats the sample size? How was the figure arrived at? What is a full time job? What about agriculture which is the occupation of nearly 70% of Indains. Are they considered full time employed (AFAIK, agriculture is seasonal).

Life expectancy is 64 as against 75 u quoted.

I bookmarked a site with all the data - from crime to poverty - to percapita defence expenditure - I lost it. But I will post it here when I find it.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by ZC » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:27 am

agreed poverty is 35%. fyi, there are two definitions of poverty, UN def: less than a dollar a day. Indian def: less than Rs 10 a day. if life expectancy is 64 instead of what i assumed as 75, then the % eligible people to work increases :wink: doesnt it?
But cynical attitude wont take us anywhere.
everyone says i am a cynic ooh aaaaaaah!! something to be seriously thought abt !! :wink:

agreed that poverty in India has lessened. Whatz Naidus contribution? suicides of cotton farmers in the state?
And check the work force figures in census site. Its ~34% of population un-employment rate is 10%. From your prideindia source 39% of eligible population is employed "Fulltime". What is the criteria? Whats the sample size? How was the figure arrived at? What is a full time job? What about agriculture which is the occupation of nearly 70% of Indains. Are they considered full time employed (AFAIK, agriculture is seasonal).
pridein india is UN org, so, the same questions u asked for this are to be asked for the websites u posted.....shud we? and then...........agreeing to all the statistics u provided, of the 75 million population in AP, if 10 million are eligible to work.........0.2/10= 2% . for that credit shud go to Ramalinga Raju and others !! we brought the data from 0.6% to 2% with a big discussion, and at the end, it still stands low, and most of everything Naidu claims has been achieved by others :lol: at the end do u think that Naidu has achieved anything extraordinary, can u quote something extraordinary he has achieved ................(if AP poverty has reduced is the same percentage as India's poverty, then Naidu didnt do anything!!)
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by ZC » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:18 pm

i dont know if Naidu will bring Proton or F1 or other factories he useally talks, but he brought many many liquor shops :shock: http://www.hindu.com/2004/03/27/stories ... 371200.htm :roll: :evil: :twisted: :oops: :x :cry:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by ZC » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:29 pm

herez something interesting MM: therez an article by teh head of Bombay school of business in Business India (with teh Subhash Chandra cover). in that he says, by 2010 Indian population above 55 yrs old will be 1 billion :!: and 70% of it will be in "economically productive" age. If the same applies to AP, then assumiong the population becomes 80 million from the current 75million, then 56 million will be in the so called "economically productive" age group !! BINGO !! so, assuming 0.2 becomes 0.56million software etc jobs in HYD by 2010, then its 1% man !! also, in the same Business India, therez an article y TN can sustain growth and AP cannot :lol: Naidu :lol:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Mayavi Morpheus » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:32 am

Correct your figures. 1 billion above 55 years :shock:

Its futile discussing with you. Your posts never make any sense to me. where is the reasoning, where is the logic.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by ZC » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:01 am

Mayavi Morpheus wrote:Correct your figures. 1 billion above 55 years :shock:
Its futile discussing with you. Your posts never make any sense to me. where is the reasoning, where is the logic.
its by 2010, projected figures. what correct man, i have cited the article, what more u want man, shud i ask the head of BSB where he got the figures from :roll: what reasoning u want for this..........do u think Business India or The head of good school will talk without knowing anything :roll: if anybody else read that article, plz tell MM :D if u have taken for granted that i am a cynic :wink: the posts wont make sense :lol:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by ZC » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:59 am

oops its below 55 yrs, not above...................u shud have read it rt !!

did u really think i said, above 55 ?? then ur really like me :lol: :lol: :wink:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by Mayavi Morpheus » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:22 am

Aha, u make the mistake and blame me! Why do u think I asked you to correct the figures? India has one of the youngest populations in the world. Nearly 60% of population is below 25 years (Iran has above 70% of pop below 30 years). That said work force is different from the %age of population below 25 (almost 35% of pop is below 15 yrs according to 1991 census).

The reasoning I expected from you is about the conclusions and not the data itself. You quote some figures and arrive at some strange conclusions, sometimes illogical, which makes a meaningfull discussion difficult.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by ZC » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:37 am

i was not blaming, i was ...... :lol:....... for the stupid mistake i made. now, i guess u agree that 2010, 1 billion will be below 55 yrs, the same article says 70% of population will be in economically productive age group. if 75 million is current AP population and since India populaion is increasing at 1.65% every year http://www.un.org/esa/population/pubsar ... nd1bil.htm we can assume that AP will reach 80 million, actually more, by 2010, so if the current 2 lakh jobs from HYD become 5.6 lakh by 2010, its 0.56/0.7*80= 1% of productive population is working in IT/software etc.....now, tell me what did Naidu achieve..........forgetting the glass window panes of HYD......what significant thing did he achieve elsewhere..... :?:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by azazel » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:58 pm

ZC for CM/ joining Congress :wink: / starting own party, the ZCP
nolite arbitrari quia venerim mittere pacem in terram non veni pacem
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by ZC » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:13 pm

i am not a..............u know what :wink:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by azazel » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:08 pm

ZC wrote:i am not a..............u know what :wink:

:lol:

i wouldnt dare say that :P
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by ZC » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by azazel » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:40 am

but seriously dude..

ZCP :?:
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by ZC » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:11 am

probably start one at fullhyd.com :!: would like to join :?: :wink:
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by azazel » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:52 pm

join? even willing to campaign for ya..

celebs these days ya know.. :wink:
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by CtrlAltDel » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:05 pm

ZC wrote:probably start one at fullhyd.com :!: would like to join :?: :wink:

i'll join u...if u promise me the Home Ministry...
CtrlAltDel
God!
God!

Where are the "jobs" ... only tea / political part

by Happy Hyderabadi » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:00 pm

Thanks to the shift away from focussing on our Population or Human Resource as our Strength ...

There is no career

There are no jobs

Only "Contracts" / "Contacts"

Just Daily Wagers:

May be Re 1 per day / 100 p d / 10000 / ... / 1 Cr just for today ...

Tomorrow follow the "Thumb Rule", keep sucking it ...

Go to tea Parties (if invited) or

Best is to set up or join a Political Party!

8) :? :lol: :oops: :evil: :twisted: :wink: :shock: 8)
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
Happy Hyderabadi
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by azazel » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:26 pm

thats right my Happy Happy dost..

a truly sorry state of affairs.. :roll:
azazel
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

TDP misRuled 16 of the past 21 years in AP..

by Mahendra » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:49 am

Did you all know TDP misRuled the State of Andhra Pradesh for sixteen years in the past 21 years, and still claims that it will do a lot in the next five years, Do you think they can make any difference? Think and Act...

Mahendra
Mahendra

by ZC » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:06 am

Mahendra wrote:Did you all know TDP misRuled the State of Andhra Pradesh for sixteen years in the past 21 years, and still claims that it will do a lot in the next five years, Do you think they can make any difference? Think and Act...

Mahendra
exactly, they claim to do a lot more..................Misrule :wink: :wink: :wink: btw, ur source ?
ZC
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

PreviousNext      

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!