Friday, 29 March 2024 »  Login
in

Build Happy Earth Links!

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Re: Well Said!

by VJ » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:00 pm

HH wrote:
VJ wrote:...
SMILE: with real smile
GREET: with happiness in ur eyes
CHEER: with passion
HELP: without expecting anything in return *****

Well Said ... VJ!

:)
As Always................... Thainx :)

@VJ
Being Oneself is One of the Greatest Qualities of All Time In a Human Being.
VJ

Welcome!

by HH » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:43 pm

Welcome, O Very Joyous, "VJ"!

Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Happy Festive Days

by HH » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:15 pm

Happy Festive Days Are Here Again! ...

- http://webrings-r.us/holiday-webrings/o ... liday.html

:D
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Happy Navaratri!

by HH » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:54 pm

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Steps to Inner Happiness

by HH » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:34 pm

Steps to Inner Happiness

Steps to Inner Happiness...!!!

* You can't be all things to all people.
* You can't do all things at once.
* You can't do all things equally well.
* You can't do all things better than everyone else.
* Your humanity is showing just like everyone else's.

So:

* You have to find out who you are, and be that.
* You have to decide what comes first, and do that.
* You have to discover your strengths, and use them.
* You have to learn not to compete with others,

Because no one else is in the contest of *being you*.

Then:

* You will have learned to accept your own uniqueness.
* You will have learned to set priorities and make decisions.
* You will have learned to live with your limitations.
* You will have learned to give yourself the respect that is due.

And you'll be a most vital mortal.

Dare To Believe:

* That you are a wonderful, unique person.
* That you are a once-in-all-history event.
* That it's more than a right, it's your duty, to be who you are.
* That life is not a problem to solve, but a gift to cherish.

And you'll be able to stay one up on what used to get you down.

- (Author Unknown)
- http://sanskritquotes.blogspot.com/2006 ... iness.html

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

U r right

by VJ » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:10 am

U r right, JOY is an inside job................. :wink:

Unfortunately my inside is damaged & under repair, so unable to find happiness :(

@VJ
VJ

Happiness@fewbucks.com

by HH » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:39 pm

Happiness@fewbucks.com

The mantra for happiness? Philosopher Jean-Jacques Rousseau once suggested "a good bank account, a good cook, and a good digestion." That was over 200 years ago.

Now things are even simpler. Take a deep breath and... Viola! you've found new-age happiness. They can be found through aromatic candles, feng shui chimes and that luxurious massage at a spa. Add to it those music CDs at swanky shops that will take you to another world of pure bliss.

"Forty per cent of my clientele come to me to know whether they can be happy in life or not. When I tell them they have to work at it, they get disappointed. There is no end to people constantly seeking happiness in their own ways," says astrologer Bejan Daruwalla.

And considering the times we are living in, there is an instant mantra for happiness. And that can be bought as well. From lifestyle stores. From super-markets. From bookstores. As Himanshu Shah of a leading bookstore says, "In addition to success, people also want to be happy. So books on happiness are doing quite well."

Walk into a bookstore and you will find Swami Bodhanand's Happiness Unlimited rubbing shoulders with Pursuit of Happiness by David G Myers.

- Deepika Sahu, 21 Apr, 2005, http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com ... 084855.cms

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Lost

by VJ » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:29 pm

I'm totally lost my dear HH. I'm suffering from some kind of untreatable depression which is totally ruining my life..... :cry: Unfortunately it's increasing day by day. Not sure Y ?
VJ

Brinjal Vision ...

by HH » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:21 am

Brinjal Vision ...

Oct 4 ... 2 Days After Dasara ... This Sarada >>>>> OM in Brinjal - Thanks to my S-i-L, leaving for the US tomorrow Night, & my another "Click-Merry" Brother! - Check! ...

http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 012hb1.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 120wy4.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... 145ry8.jpg

http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 149wv0.jpg

"wah Wah WAH ... Nature's WONDER!"

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Cuba's oldest man ...

by HH » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:36 am

In one of last his interviews, Martinez ***** said one of his secrets of his longevity was to “get along with everyone.”
- http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.as ... d&Topic=0&

------

***** Cuba's oldest man dies at age 126 >>>>> HAVANA: The oldest man in Cuba, Benito Martinez Abogan, died at the ripe age of 126 without fulfilling his dream of returning to his homeland in Haiti, which he had left 81 years ago.

-------

:!: :!: :!:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Bhed Vignan ...

by HH » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:07 pm

HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Be confident

by enigma » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:23 am

Allow Your Own Inner Light to Guide You. There comes a time when you must stand alone. You must feel confident enough within yourself to follow your own dreams. You must be willing to make sacrifices. You must be capable of changing and rearranging your priorities so that your final goal can be achieved. Sometimes, familiarity and comfort need to be challenged. There are times when you must take a few extra chances and create your own realities. Be strong enough to at least try to make your life better. Be confident enough that you won't settle for a compromise just to get by. Appreciate yourself by allowing yourself the opportunities to grow, develop, and find your true sense of purpose in this life. Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the way.
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Things aren't always what they seem

by enigma » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:30 am

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family.

The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room.

Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement.

As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it.

When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied,
"Things aren't always what they seem."

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife.

After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest.

When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears.

Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field.

The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen?

The first man had everything, yet you helped him, she accused.

The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.

"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied.

"When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall.

Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it."

"Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him the cow instead.

Things aren't always what they seem."

Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way they should. If you have faith, you just need to trust that every out come is always to your advantage. You just might not know it until some time later...
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by enigma » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:43 am

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Re: Things aren't always what they seem

by HH » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:16 pm

enigma wrote:
Two traveling angels***** ...

Thank you, Ms "enigma" for your wonderful story*****! ... You have made our day wiser and our life that much happier!

:!: :!: :!:
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

ATTITUDE DETERMINES ATTITUDE

by enigma » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:34 pm

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfill today. I am important. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.

Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or I can feel honored because the Lord has provided shelter for my mind, body and soul.

Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped. And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping.

What today will be like is up to me. I get to choose what kind of day I will have!

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

greed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by enigma » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:40 pm

The upstate NY man was rich in almost every way. His estate was worth millions. He owned houses, land antiques and cattle. But though on the outside he had it all, he was very unhappy on the inside. His wife was growing old, and the couple was childless. He had always wanted a little boy to carry on the family legacy.

Miraculously, his wife became pregnant in her later years, and she gave birth to a little boy. The boy was severely handicapped, but the man loved him with his whole heart. When the boy was five, his mom died. The dad drew closer to his special son. At age 13, the boy's birth defects cost him his life and the father died soon after from a broken heart.

The estate was auctioned before hundreds of bidders. The first item offered was a painting of the boy. No one bid. They waited like vultures for the riches.

Finally, the poor housemaid, who helped raise the boy and loved him, offered $5 for the painting and easily took the bid. To everyone's shock, the auctioneer ripped a hand written will from the back of the picture.

This is what it said: "To the person who thinks enough of my son to buy this painting, to this person I give my entire estate."

The auction was over. The greedy crowd walked away in shock and dismay.

How many of us have sought after what we thought were true riches only to find out later that our Father was prepared to give us His entire estate if we had only sought after His Son alone?
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

It depends

by VJ » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:58 pm

Well! It depends from person to person. It depends on the conditions and the circumstances u r grown up. And finally u r left to ur heart to decide. U will be under certain pressure from the surroundings. Nevertheless its upto u to make a decision............. :)
VJ

by enigma » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:50 am

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Long story but worth it!!!!!!!!

by enigma » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:17 pm

Once upon a time there were two screws fastening a vital part of a gasoline engine. One of the screws was haughty and proud of it's shining head. The second screw was quiet, intent only on doing its job to the best of its ability.

One day a speck of rust appeared on the head of the second screw. Filled with vain pride of its own beauty, the first screw began to laugh at the second. "Your head is tarnished," the first said to the second. "Look at you. Your perfect luster is gone."

The second screw said nothing. Instead, it concentrated on what it was doing.

"How ugly you have become," the first screw chortled, "and how beautiful I have remained." Then it began to laugh so hard at the second screw that it failed to notice that it was working itself loose. Finally it dropped off the engine and plunged into a small pool of dirty oil below.

With the first screw no longer holding up its end of the load, the second was faced with doing the work of two. Meanwhile the first screw, now covered with grimy oil, wailed and lamented. "Just look at me! I'm dirty and filthy and all my beauty is gone. By laughing at the blemish on my friend the second screw, I worked myself loose and fell into the muck. Now I'm doomed."

Now, it just so happened that a short time later the owner of the engine started it up. He immediately noticed that something didn't sound right -- the engine was running rough. When he checked, he instantly saw that one of the two screws holding the vital part was missing. "Ah ha!" the owner said. "One of the screws must have worked itself loose and fell to the ground, but I don't see it. Maybe it fell into that puddle of old oil."

The owner reached into the oil and found the missing screw. "Look at you," the owner said. "You're all covered with grime and oil. How ugly you are. But I will fix that right away." The owner reached for a nearby rag and wiped all the oil and grime off the first screw until it shone even brighter than before. Then he replaced it on the part. Before he turned away, he noticed a little speck of tarnish on the head of the second screw. With the second rag, he wiped the head clean and bright. Then the owner walked away.

Finally the engine was started. The two screws, now equally beautiful, held the part tight. "Forgive me, my friend," the first screw said to the second. "In my vanity, I was so busy laughing at your blemish that I did not notice that I was working myself loose."

"And what have you learned?" the second screw quietly asked.

"I learned not to judge others because I have my own sins to deal with."

"Then," the second screw said, "I forgive you."

"Thank you, my friend. And rest assured, my vanity will remain forever at the bottom of that dirty puddle of oil."
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Re: Long story but worth it!!!!!!!!

by VJ » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:31 pm

enigma wrote:
"I learned not to judge others because I have my own sins to deal with."

Good learning lesson. Good example Enigma. Keep it up. Sometimes I feel my signature speaks :)

@VJ
VJ

Ways

by VJ » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:31 am

There are many ways of doing things, but the only right one will give you enough pleasure and success. :)

@VJ
VJ

Shake it off and step up

by enigma » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:56 pm

A parable is told of a farmer who owned an old mule. The mule fell into the farmer's well. The farmer heard the mule 'braying' - or - whatever mules do when they fall into wells. After carefully assessing the situation, the farmer sympathized with the mule, but decided that neither the mule nor the well was worth the trouble of saving. Instead, he called his neighbors together and told them what had happened...and enlisted them to help haul dirt to bury the old mule in the well and put him out of his misery.

Initially, the old mule was hysterical! But as the farmer and his neighbors continued shoveling and the dirt hit his back...a thought struck him. It suddenly dawned on him that every time a shovel load of dirt landed on his back...HE SHOULD SHAKE IT OFF AND STEP UP! This he did, blow after blow.

"Shake it off and step up...shake it off and step up...shake it off and step up!" he repeated to encourage himself. No matter how painful the blows, or distressing the situation seemed the old mule fought "panic" and just kept right on SHAKING IT OFF AND STEPPING UP!

You're right! It wasn't long before the old mule, battered and exhausted, STEPPED TRIUMPHANTLY OVER THE WALL OF THAT WELL! What seemed like it would bury him, actually blessed him...all because of the manner in which he handled his adversity.

THAT'S LIFE! If we face our problems and respond to them positively, and refuse to give in to panic, bitterness, or self-pity...THE ADVERSITIES THAT COME ALONG TO BURY US USUALLY HAVE WITHIN THEM THE POTENTIAL TO BENEFIT AND BLESS US! Remember that FORGIVENESS--FAITH--PRAYER-- PRAISE and HOPE...all are excellent ways to "SHAKE IT OFF AND STEP UP" out of the wells in which we find ourselves!
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Be urself

by VJ » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:21 pm

Oh yeah that is wat we all have to do. Just get on with the things. The rest assured.

@VJ
VJ

by enigma » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:28 pm

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

PreviousNext      

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!