Friday, 10 May 2024 »  Login
in

Build Happy Earth Links!

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by enigma » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:34 am

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by enigma » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:56 am

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Heaven On Earth ... Earth Is Heaven

by HH » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:08 am

enigma wrote:... "Kindness" ******...

***** Thank You, Ms "enigma" ... Bela Ji!

Kindly Light, Kindly Light
Helping Hands, Helping Hands
Heaven On Earth, Heaven On Earth
Earth Is Heaven, Earth Is Heaven!

Heaven on Earth - A glorious rising sun brings peace and hope to the majestic mountains of a gentle waiting earth
Build Heaven & Earth Links!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Happy Balloons!

by HH » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:17 pm

Happy Balloons!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Three Questions

by HH » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:59 am

Leo Tolstoy

Three Questions

I have come to you, wise hermit, to ask you to answer three questions:
- How can I learn to do the right thing at the right time?
- Who are the people I most need, and to whom should I, therefore, pay more attention than to the rest?
- And, what affairs are the most important and need my first attention?

^

Remember ...
- there is only one time that is important - Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time when we have any power.
- The most necessary man is he with whom you are, for no man knows whether he will ever have dealings with any one else:
- and the most important affair is, to do him good, because for that purpose alone was man sent into this life!"

Visit:
http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/Three ... e=DailyDig
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Pleasing everyone

by enigma » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:42 am

Pleasing People

There was an old man, a boy and a donkey. They were going to town and it was decided that the boy should ride. As they went along they passed some people who thought that it was a shame for the boy to ride and the old man to walk. The man and boy decided that maybe the critics were right so they changed positions. Later, they passed some more people who thought that it was a real shame for the man to make such a small boy walk. The two decided that maybe they both should walk.

Soon they passed some more people who thought that it was stupid to walk when they had a donkey to ride. The man and the boy decided maybe the critics were right so they decided that they both should ride. They soon passed other people who thought that it was a shame to put such a load on a poor little animal. The old man and the boy decided that maybe the critics were right so they decided to carry the donkey. As they crossed a bridge they lost their grip on the animal and it fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story is...if you try to please everyone, you will eventually lose your ass.
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

life is like a roll of toilet paper

by enigma » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:48 am

life is like a roll of toilet paper, I've learned that. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

* I've learned that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
* I've learned that having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
* I've learned that you should never say no to a gift from a child.
* I've learned that I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
* I've learned that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
* I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
* I've learned that we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.
* I've learned that it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.
* I've learned that under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
* I've learned that the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
* I've learned that love, not time, heals all wounds.
* I've learned that you can make some one's day by simply sending them a little note.
* I've learned that you can tell a lot about a man by how he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
* I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.
* I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life."
* I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.
* I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People need and love human touches -- holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on t! he back.
* I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

HAPPY DEEPAAVALI!

by HH » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:54 am

HAPPY DEEPAAVALI!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

by enigma » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:26 am

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Happy Home, Home Town & Home Land!

by HH » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:58 am

dr_junaid wrote:Home***** Sickness

My old age like a leaf,
Flies along with the chilly wind,
At the end of Autumn.
Life drifts unstably,
Mixing in endless sorrow.
Day by day, I live alone
In a great deserted silence.
Night by night, I sleeplessly dream about my old land.
All life's aspects seem to be in the destiny
Of flowing clouds and drifting water lilies.
There have been so many separations,
But there have been more limited unions.
Love and remembrance,
How can I appease?
It is too far, far out of reach!
I would like to be a sunny seed
In the fresh country of yellow pines
I would like to be a drop of water,
Dissolving in the heart of Indus River (Sindhu Darya)

(my pretty Ole Hyderabad.....it's for you)

I miss you a lot.......Half a world away..
---------------
Visit:
http://www.apnahyderabad.com/forums/for ... PN=1&TPN=1

***** Greetings, My Friend Of The "Other" Hyderabad!

I Did Not Go Afar Of My "Home" Our Hyderabad, India ... But I Keep Getting Glimpses Of The World Outside Through My Brothers, Cousins, Relatives & Friends There ... Sometimes I Long To Be With Them ... But Mostly Happy To Be At Home By The Side Of My Delightful Mother, 81! ... HOME IS EVER THE BEST! Tired One May Be ... Even Retired ... But Never Tired Of One's Home, Home Town & Home Land!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

Whoever takes the Son gets everything

by enigma » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:28 am

Whoever takes the Son gets everything

A wealthy man and his son loved to collect rare works of art. They had everything in their collection, from Picasso to Raphael. They would often sit together and admire the great works of art. When the Viet Nam conflict broke out, the son went to war. He was very courageous and died In battle while rescuing another soldier. The father was notified and he grieved deeply for his only son.

About a month later, just before Christmas, there was a knock at the door. A young man stood at the door with a large package in his hands. He said, "Sir, you don't know me, but I am the soldier for whom your son gave his life. He saved many lives that day, and he was carrying me to safety when a bullet struck him in the heart and he died instantly. He often talked about you, and your love for art."

The young man held out his package. "I know this isn't much. I'm not really a great artist, but I think your son would have wanted you to have this." The father opened the package. It was a portrait of his son, painted by the young man. He stared in awe at the way the soldier had captured the personality of his son in the painting. The father was so drawn to the eyes that his own eyes welled up with tears. He thanked the young man and offered to pay him for the picture. Oh, no sir, I could never repay what your son did for me. It's a gift."

The father hung the portrait over his mantle. Every time visitors came to his home he took them to see the portrait of his son before he showed them any of the other great works he had collected.

The man died a few months later. There was to be a great auction of his paintings. Many influential people gathered, excited over seeing the great paintings and having an opportunity to purchase one for their collection. On the platform sat the painting of the son. The auctioneer pounded his gavel.

"We will start the bidding with this picture of the son. Who will bid for this picture?" There was silence. Then a voice in the back of the room shouted, "We want to see the famous paintings. Skip this one." But the auctioneer persisted.

"Will someone bid for this painting? Who will start the bidding? $100, $200?" Another voice shouted angrily. "We didn't come to see this painting. We came to see the Van Goghs, the Rembrandts. Get on with the real bids!" But still the auctioneer continued. "The son! The son! Who'll take the son?"

Finally, a voice came from the very back of the room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. "I'll give $10 for the painting." Being a poor man, it was all he could afford. "We have $10, who will bid $20?" "Give it to him for $10. Let's see the masters." "$10 is the bid, won't someone bid $20?" The crowd was becoming angry. They didn't want the picture of the son. They wanted the more worthy investments for their collections. The auctioneer pounded the gavel.

"Going once, twice, SOLD for $10!" A man sitting on the second row shouted, "Now let's get on with the collection!" The auctioneer laid down his gavel. "I'm sorry, the auction is over." "What about the paintings?" "I am sorry. When I was called to conduct this auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will. I was not allowed to reveal that stipulation until this time. Only the painting of the son would be auctioned. Whoever bought that painting would inherit the entire estate, including the paintings. The man who took the son gets everything!"

God gave His son 2,000 years ago to die on a cruel cross. Much like the auctioneer, His message today is, "The son, the son, who'll take the son?"

Because, you see, whoever takes the Son gets everything.
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by ycr007 » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:32 am

Good evening Enigma.....

How r u?'twas nice to see your posts elsewhere on this board...pray don't stop that...
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by enigma » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:41 am

ycr007 wrote:Good evening Enigma.....

How r u?'twas nice to see your posts elsewhere on this board...pray don't stop that...

Hey chittaranjan..i am doing okay,, how are you doing? hope everything is going on fine. I just got back from work.

You take care :) goodnight
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

The one you feed

by enigma » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:45 am

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

Insight

by enigma » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:47 pm

Insights for an old sage to live your life by:

* Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
* Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
* Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
* When you say, "I love you", mean it.
* When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.
* Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
* Believe in love at first sight.
* Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
* Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
* In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
* Don't judge people by their relatives.
* Talk slowly but think quickly.
* When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
* Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
* Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
* When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
* Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
* Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
* When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
* Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
* Spend some time alone.

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle

by enigma » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:31 am

A few years ago, at the Seattle Special Olympics ...

... nine contestants, all physically or mentally disabled, assembled at the starting line for the 100-yard dash. At the gun, they all started out, not exactly in a dash, but with a relish to run the race to the finish and win. All, that is, except one little boy who stumbled on the asphalt, tumbled over a couple of times, and began to cry. The other eight heard the boy cry. They slowed down and looked back. Then they all turned around and went back......every one of them.

One girl with Down's Syndrome bent down and kissed him and said, "This will make it better." Then all nine linked arms and walked together to the finish line. Everyone in the stadium stood, and the cheering went on for several minutes. People who were there are still telling the story.

Why? Because deep down we know this one thing: What matters in this life is more than winning for ourselves. What matters in this life is helping others win, even if it means slowing down and changing our course. If you pass this on, we may be able to change our hearts as well as someone else's.

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by ycr007 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:40 am

Hiya Bela,

How was your weekend? BTW, U r in Hyd Rite now? If yes, are you attending the meet?
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by enigma » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:41 am

A group of students were asked to list what they thought were the present "Seven Wonders of the World."

Though there were some disagreements, the following received the most votes:

1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St. Peter's Basilica
7. China's Great Wall

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one student had not finished her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many."

The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help." The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the 'Seven Wonders of the World' are:

1. to see
2. to hear
3. to touch
4. to taste
5. to feel
6. to laugh
7. and to love."

The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. The things we overlook as simple and ordinary and that we take for granted are truly wondrous!

A gentle reminder -- that the most precious things in life cannot be built by hand or bought by man.
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by enigma » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:45 am

ycr007 wrote:Hiya Bela,
How was your weekend? BTW, U r in Hyd Rite now? If yes, are you attending the meet?

Hi Chittaranjan..na, i am not in Hyd :( in case i am in hyd next weekend i will surely make it to the meet..

Weekend has been good so far..

You take care :)
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by ycr007 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:51 am

Oh Great! Hope that you can make it for da meet....

Cheers & Take care .

Gunnite.
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

Thank Of 'Bela' ... Think Of Building Happy Earth Links, Too

by HH » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:52 am

ycr007 wrote:...
Cheers *****...

***** Thank Of 'Bela' ... Think Of Building Happy Earth Links, Too! ... WELCOME ... "Young Cheerful Rejoicer"!
HH
Level 1 Deity
Level 1 Deity

The Stone in the Desert

by enigma » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:49 pm

The Stone in the Desert

An Arab while crossing a desert came across a huge rock half buried in the sand. Scrawled on the boulder was this inscription:

TURN ME OVER AND YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM IT

The Arab felt sure there was a great treasure hidden beneath it and worked mightily to turn it over.
He succeeded after several hours. But there was no treasure there, only an inscription on the underside of the rock.

The Inscription Was

GREED IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL REMEMBER THIS AND YOU WILL BE A BETTER MAN.

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

LIFE

by enigma » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:00 pm

Life

Life isn't about keeping score.

It's not about how many friends you have

Or how accepted you are.

Not about if you have plans this weekend or if you're alone.

It isn't about who you're dating, who you used to date, how many people you've dated, or if you haven't been with anyone at all.

It isn't about who your family is or how much money they have

Or what kind of car you drive.

Or where you are sent to school.

It's not about how beautiful or ugly you are.

Or what clothes you wear, what shoes you have on, or what kind of music you listen to.

It's not about if your hair is blonde, red, black, or brown

Or if your skin is too light or too dark.

Not about what grades you get, how smart you are, how smart everybody else thinks you are, or how smart standardized tests say you are.

It's not about what clubs you're in or how good you are at "your" sport.

It's not about representing your whole being on a piece of paper and seeing who will accept "the written you."

LIFE JUST ISN'T.

But, life is about who you love and who you hurt.

It's about who you make happy or unhappy purposefully.

It's about keeping or betraying trust.

It's about friendship, used as a sanctity or a weapon.

It's about what you say and mean, maybe hurtful, maybe heartening.

About starting rumors and contributing to petty gossip.

It's about what judgments you pass and why. And who your judgments are spread to.

It's about who you've ignored with full control and intention.

It's about jealousy, fear, ignorance, and revenge.

It's about carrying inner hate and love, letting it grow, and spreading it.

But most of all, it's about using your life to touch or poison other people's hearts in such a way that could have never occurred alone.

Only you choose the way those hearts are affected, and those choices are what life's all about.
enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by enigma » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:12 pm

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

by enigma » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:47 pm

enigma
Level 1 Lord
Level 1 Lord

PreviousNext