Thursday, 2 May 2024 »  Login
in

GET TO US WITH OR WITH OUR PURPOSE( good or bad)

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by themavericks.net » Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:30 am

I feel many go to us a just for the sake of being there...their main purpose to be in USA ...i feel many give GRE because many others have given and can`t stand the fact that you will be left out while all your friends fly off!
themavericks.net

by arpitha » Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:30 am

Yup its a purposeless freaky exodus happening,they just wanna get noticed in here..
arpitha

by Raghu » Thu Sep 06, 2001 12:30 am

The average quality of the Indian Immigrant in USA has gone down in the past few years. With the perceived demand for the so called hitech workers, most people from India with totally irrelevant backgrounds, with a month crash course in java/vb/asp/dba etc. end up in the USA. I tend to think that these are very mediocre people who cannot really get a job in the cut throat competiion of India. So I honestly believe that India only stands to gain from the exodus of such people. Because, they are not contributing to the unemployment in India and they are contributing to the affluence of India in general by sending money back to their folks in India.
On the other hand, there are those people who are educated in the elitest colleges of india and end up in USA often working in fields unrelated to their formal training. This is where brain drain hurts the most. But I think faulting anybody for their \"right to pursuit of happiness\" is naive. These people will automatically come back when the pastures back home are greener.
Raghu

by sukanya » Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:30 am

ya i agree with raghu,we do gain i mean lets face it,such an over populated country does not need mediocres,we need people who could change things as fast as it could be.Many who go to USA have no real motive,its that their personal value goes up tremendously.I personally feel that all those with out any firm ambition should get out of this nation having to bear medicricity should be the last thing on this countries priority list!..let averages go but the good ones....we need them

good topic to discuss
sukanya

by Deepika » Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:30 am

Well ....I am feeling bad for you guys for having friends who are so poor or bad and they represent very less percetage here in US ...(I feel bad that U only knew that few bad..) rest of them are here having good life and less polution and more quality of life and good returns and more professional outlook (unlike ...buttering ur boss ..the way u do ) .and finally having some good sound future ...and for sure return to india and see u all guys still strugle for few more things in life ...I donot pity you guys but wish you all the best and you guys have to say that who ever ur friends where who went with one month course ..are more brave in life than you guys still staying at ur home eating parents money and trying to do something in life ...
Deepika

by Raghu » Wed Sep 19, 2001 12:30 am

If I had more time I would have written a better riposte. Nobody is contending that the people who are here are doing good. They are infact doing great and I believe by any metric are about 60-70% better off than the average american. (The mean American annual income is around $36000). All I am saying is that these are not the people who can mould the destiny of India for they are mediocre. You probably did not understand my post right, but I do agree with you that these folks are better off in USA.
Raghu

by Raghu » Wed Sep 19, 2001 12:30 am

And in case it is not already clear, I am in the USA and been here for a while. So I need no sermonizing about the quality of life stuff. Have fun.
Raghu

by Prakup » Thu Oct 11, 2001 12:30 am

Whoa! This is turning, rather has turned into a personal affair! Guys an gals! I surely don\'t think the original message was meant to provoke you into defending yourselves. I am sure all those who go abroad go there with some purpose and plan of bettering their lives! It is too expensive and excruciating a procedure to be a mere whim! And as regards that talk about the rest of us sitting here and feeding off our parents, I take offense to that statement! I agree that there are more options available in the US to cater to an independent life. But how many of us have checked out the options here? Tell me frankly (this is addressed to all those who are presently in the US)... while you were here, did you ever think about getting a job, or moving to another city or even trying to lead a life away from your parents home? If you did, I\'m glad there are still those who believe in themselves. If you didn\'t, I think that answers the query. familiarity breeds contempt it is said, and absence makes the heart grow fonder. I guess people tend to get into relax mode here as the place and the surroundings are familiar. But in a cross-cultural context, things take on a different hue. Perceptions change. I know for a fact that folks who wouldn\'t be caught dead eating in a roadside joint here, do the dishes in a Starbucks or a McDonalds abroad. Is it because they are ashamed while they are here or is it because they have no other option in the US? I really don\'t know. But one thing is for sure. Freedom here is delinked from responsibility, while abroad, one is respnsible wholly for his/her actions.
Prakup

by Rain » Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:30 am

Well said!
Rain

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!