Saturday, 18 May 2024 »  Login
in

USA bombing..why sooo much tension??

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

by themavericks » Wed Sep 12, 2001 12:30 am

When thousands of buildings & other public property is being brought down by militants using even battle tanls in the balkans...why we indians have taken this USA thing soo seriously..may b because..its our fav nation...india come next!!(irony if u will)
themavericks

by Indian » Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:30 am

Whats wrong if USA is our favorite Nation but definetly after India, maximum number of our people live in USA and its not that we celebrate any kind of destruction its just that its not daily that we get the news of 4 commercial planes getting hijacked and attacking the biggest towers in the world.
Indian

by Ashwin » Sat Sep 15, 2001 12:30 am

I donot know abt you ..but I know for sure ..what I went thru when I was in 48th floor trapped after the first plane hit my building and the panic and running around we all had to do ..and I am here today writing this !! ...its not USA its the situation and humanity which matters ..
Ashwin

by Prakup » Thu Oct 11, 2001 12:30 am

Two words my friends! Media Hype.
I fully concur with the irony in your statement. But then there is also some truth in the fact that the US has today come to mean more to us than our own nation. When Big Brother controls the purse strings and the aid and the nuke power and the UN and almost everything else, can we do better than to suck up to him? I am apalled by the fact that while there are starving millions in India and a host of other developing countries, the suffering of individuals and small numbers in the developed world garners much more media attention and a whole lot of hype. It\'s a sad fact of life, but we need not live with it. Put in the right perspective, things do seem different. The question is, who is going to do the allocation and how? You guys (and the lone girl I might add!) have the tools. Why not make it a medium? I would gladly help in any way I can.
Prakup

by conscious » Thu Oct 11, 2001 12:30 am

Buddy, you seem to be a hard core traditionalist - I hear you and understand your perspective but you seem to look at it from not more than one angle. Here\'s a universal truth has always prevailed - \"EVERYONE LOOKS AFTER THEIR OWN\". Believe me, there is nothing more true than that. If America got attacked, America will answer. It would have been the same if we were in the situation, even if you can\'t imagine it. What is apalling my friend is not how thay handled their situation, but how we are handling it. It was a terrible human catastrophie - anyone that does not agree is plain insensitive. Indians have been through terrorism for a long time and should be more than sympathetic towards what happened in the United States. Realize that this was more an attack on humanity than on the United States and it is for us as humans to stand together and provide as much support as possible for our American bretheren. Think human sprit for a change, my friend. It will make you less apathatic.
conscious

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!