Thursday, 28 March 2024 »  Login
in

I Need a Job II

Welcome to the largest Hyderabadi forum on earth! Start discussions about anything from cool eat-outs and value gyms to terrorism, seek help, plan outings, make friends, and generally have fun!

Moderator: The Moderator Team

Re: I Need a Job II

by IgiveAdamn » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:08 pm

Dude, look for jobs in your own field and try not to move over to IT. Lots of jobs in India right now in the area of VLSI/Comm.. Good luck.

BTW, r u interested in electronics or communication???

ycr007 wrote:Emboldened By the Guts of Mayavi,I too Embark Upon the Search for a Job on the DB
To Whomsoever it my Concern,
Allow me to Introduce Myself.I am Y.Chittaranjan,a Fresh Graduate Engineer in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.I Completed my Bachelor of Technology from Jagannath Institute for Technology & Management,Paralakhemundi,Orissa in the month of October 2004 under the Aegis of Berhampur University.

I have a Passion for Technology and an intense zeal to learn new concepts. I regularly keep abreast of the changing trends in the world of technology through the aid of resources like Various Newsgroups and Bulletin Boards on the World Wide Web. I also read various technological periodicals and newsletters. I am an active member of various Discussion forums and regularly post my views & Comments on the happenings in the Technical Realm.

I possess quite good Writing and Reading Skills and since I believe that Learning is a never-ending process,I constantly try to hone them. I am a Very Good Team Player and have Successfully led a College team During a Project Work.I have a Flair for Communication systems and Networking and possess the requisite skills for any Current Entry Level Openings.I am also a keen learner and have reasonably good Communicating Skills.I hope that my candidature will be Spotted by a TalentScout/Consultant/Recruiter and I look forward to being called for an interview/test so that I can present these skills of mine in front of you,personally.

I'd be Very Much Obliged to you if you shall please Consider My Candidature for any Current Openings,or in case no Current openings are Commensurate with my Skills & Experiences,for any Future Recruitment Events.
Thank You.
If I am the future, we are history.
IgiveAdamn

by Mayavi Morpheus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:20 pm

IgiveAdamn wrote:Dude, look for jobs in your own field and try not to move over to IT. Lots of jobs in India right now in the area of VLSI/Comm.. Good luck.

Thats what I thought when I started looking for jobs in India.... unfortunately its not true. All the jobs are in IT and ITES and very few, if any, in electronics. There are some jobs in Telecom and wireless industry but very few in VLSI and nil in fab/MEMS.
May the Fries be with you!
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by IgiveAdamn » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:30 pm

Well I don't know when you were looking for jobs in that field, but it's pretty good right now. Not as good as the IT field but definitely good compared to what it was like until a couple of years back.
Mayavi Morpheus wrote:
IgiveAdamn wrote:Dude, look for jobs in your own field and try not to move over to IT. Lots of jobs in India right now in the area of VLSI/Comm.. Good luck.

Thats what I thought when I started looking for jobs in India.... unfortunately its not true. All the jobs are in IT and ITES and very few, if any, in electronics. There are some jobs in Telecom and wireless industry but very few in VLSI and nil in fab/MEMS.
IgiveAdamn

by Mayavi Morpheus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:32 pm

IgiveAdamn wrote:Well I don't know when you were looking for jobs in that field, but it's pretty good right now. Not as good as the IT field but definitely good compared to what it was like until a couple of years back.

Lets hope so :)
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by IgiveAdamn » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:39 pm

Are you an ECE grad?
Mayavi Morpheus wrote:
IgiveAdamn wrote:Well I don't know when you were looking for jobs in that field, but it's pretty good right now. Not as good as the IT field but definitely good compared to what it was like until a couple of years back.

IgiveAdamn

by crypt » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:43 pm

hey i guess most telecoms companies are located in technopark@Pune. I have heard of many companies working in wireless telecom/DSP/Embedded/VLSI. Try googling for more info if that helps....
crypt

by ycr007 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:44 pm

Mayavi Morpheus wrote:

I Agree that There are Several Openings in the Electronics as well as Communications Industries but very Few of the are For Freshers with Just a Basic Knowledge of Communications Concepts.Most Companies Prefer Candidates Having Extensive Knowledge of Concepts Like CDMA,GSM,TDMA/FDM/FDMA,Networking and the Like.Even in the VLSI Industry,Specific Knowledge will be an added avantage,whicl,alas,the freshers won't have.

As Regarding the Electronics Industry,the ECE Grads have Few Scopes as the Curriculum leans heavily towrds Communications in the Final Semesters.And Why IT & ITES Industries are HOT as regarding the Job Market is that Most Companies in this Sector will be Able to Provide HAnds-On Training to the Candidates which will make a Smoother Transition for the Students.

And Nowadays,Freshers Get Recruited Thru Campus Recruitments Mostly.So For those Who have Missed it for whatever Reasons,will have very less chance of making it Big in the Electronics industry as Compared to the IT & ITES Industry.
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by Mayavi Morpheus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:54 pm

I have checked several Electronics companies websites for job listings and was disappointed to find that most of them require software professionals rather than Electronics Engineers. TI, Intel, IBM et al. need SW engineers in their Indian arms and very few electronics and definitely no freshers.

For fab/MEMS guys like me the situation is hopeless. Except for SCI there is no fab line in India and MEMS is too expensive and needs extensive facilities/costly labs to get anything done.
Mayavi Morpheus
Level 2 Lord
Level 2 Lord

by crypt » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:54 pm

ycr007 wrote:
Mayavi Morpheus wrote:

I Agree that There are Several Openings in the Electronics as well as Communications Industries but very Few of the are For Freshers with Just a Basic Knowledge of Communications Concepts.Most Companies Prefer Candidates Having Extensive Knowledge of Concepts Like CDMA,GSM,TDMA/FDM/FDMA,Networking and the Like.Even in the VLSI Industry,Specific Knowledge will be an added avantage,whicl,alas,the freshers won't have.

As Regarding the Electronics Industry,the ECE Grads have Few Scopes as the Curriculum leans heavily towrds Communications in the Final Semesters.And Why IT & ITES Industries are HOT as regarding the Job Market is that Most Companies in this Sector will be Able to Provide HAnds-On Training to the Candidates which will make a Smoother Transition for the Students.

And Nowadays,Freshers Get Recruited Thru Campus Recruitments Mostly.So For those Who have Missed it for whatever Reasons,will have very less chance of making it Big in the Electronics industry as Compared to the IT & ITES Industry.

Yah I agree with you...I was in a similar position couple of years ago...I think freshers should have a good referral or they shud wait for an open AD from companies...However for ECE u can try these companies...At some point or the other I heard they have recruited freshers...

Wipro---vlsi n embedded

Cadence,AMD,Sasken,Flextronics,mindtree(dsp/embedded).

But the point is if u go thru a fresher recruitment drive to these companies, u may end up doing HTML forms...so its a very sticky wicket;) play carefully
crypt

by ycr007 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:11 pm

crypt wrote:Yah I agree with you...I was in a similar position couple of years ago...I think freshers should have a good referral or they shud wait for an open AD from companies...However for ECE u can try these companies...At some point or the other I heard they have recruited freshers...

Wipro---vlsi n embedded
Cadence,AMD,Sasken,Flextronics,mindtree(dsp/embedded).

But the point is if u go thru a fresher recruitment drive to these companies, u may end up doing HTML forms...so its a very sticky wicket;) play carefully

Yeah.I have been on the Scout for a Couple of Months Now and Have Seen Very Closely How Things Workout.MAny of My Friends Joined Training Centres Whic Promised 100% Placement and the Like but Very Few managed to make it.Most of them are based in Bangalore.Sasken & Delphi are Two of the Major ECE Recruiters.Wipro takes Candidates with additional Embedded Certification but there's a Bond of 2 Years.

And Most of these Companies have a Very Tough Selection Scheme.So Either You Have it or you Don't.
ycr007
Level 2 Deity
Level 2 Deity

by Bhaimiya » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:02 pm

The original post was in 2005 and you are replying now.

Hudson wrote:I suggest u work in coffee shops, fast food joints or music shops. otherwise try GE...they hire students, housewives n retired ppl for part time duties, tho dunno abt their minimum age requirement..
Bhaimiya
Level 1 Star User
Level 1 Star User

Previous                

Return to The Hyderabadi Planet!